• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks at Hawks -- The Home Opener!

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I'm going to have to go back and watch the Detroit vs. Charlotte game.  It looks like Jalen Duren laid the smacketh down on Mark Williams. 

Just shows you how small we are at center.  Mark Williams and Nick Richards bullied us all night. Tonight, they got dominated by Stewart and Duren. 29 points and 24 boards compared to 2 points and 3 total rebounds. And now we're stuck with OO for another five years.  Looks like he could be another shit lottery pick and signing by our front office..... Smh.

This was a rough game. Trae has another terrible shooting night despite having 11 assists. I wish he would start the season faster, but I trust he can figure it out. Clint…I don’t know what else you can say man. Inexcusable stuff from him tonight. Also, you have to start Jalen Johnson at this point. He provides the passing and defense the starting lineup needs. In theory, Saddiq provides shooting to the lineup, but he’s not shooting threes so he’s just doing cardio out there. I just rather have Jalen out there and have Trae and Hunter be the main shooters.

I know people are disappointed by the slow start but you have to LET THE TEAM COOK. This is a new offensive and defensive scheme that the entire team is learning. The Knicks had the advantage of several players being under 1-2 years of continuity under Thibs’s system. Everything with the Knicks just looked sharper because it’s stuff they done before. The Hawks players are just starting to learn this new system a few months ago. 

despite learning this new system, the hawks still managed to score 120 points! If I told you on Thursday that the Knicks would shoot 45.6% from three, you would think that the hawks would’ve got blown out. The hawks were able to compete multiple times with a team with strong continuity while learning a new offense and defense. There will be growing pains, but there is still good signs here that this team can be very good. 

I believe that this team by the end of the season will be great. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AtLaS said:

We are a play in team, i hope im wrong.

Are we? We dropped 2 games we should've won, and those are the type of games that make a difference between being 7th or 12th in the Conference. 

Things need to change if we are to sniff the playoffs this season. Losing to the dregs of the NBA isn't a recipe for success. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, terrell said:

Nate right now..

download.jpg.46aa7cd36a9faa2b998426317ffee131.jpg

Nate ball was efficient. Spamming and downloadable af but it worked till teams downloaded it. This offense requires some guys to learn a new offense and execute within that structure. LP tried to put players in a scheme but they might have been too young to really get it at the time. My hope is that everyone can get it. 

That said, 120 is more than good on offense. Giving up 126 is too much and our new guys have to really adjust on defense. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, terrell said:

What could we realistically get for CC and Murray?

Is that enough for KAT @NBASupes? lol

That's too much for KAT. His future contract is really tough. 

That said, I still don't believe trading Murray is the answer. He makes the team legit better. 

That said, I would never trade Trae if I am targeting KAT.

The pairing is what you want. 

I love Murray's game. He does need to fully buy in but in many possessions, he does. I just rock with his game more than Trae. 

I still say, if I had to choose between the two for an upgrade that's not just a pairing piece for Trae, it would be Trae. For all of the good Trae does, it's so hard to find the right pieces to fit him. With Murray, we just need a legit #1 option scorer like Ant or Mitchell and we straight. I wish MIN would consider a trade for Trae for Ant. That's who we need. 

Bey and Trae got caught out of position at least 5 times in the first 8 possessions. NY only made them pay twice. My guess is NY adjusted this later and abuses us but I'll wait and see but so far, they are simply forcing Bey and Trae to play off the ball. 

Grimes is pestering Trae really good. It's not a spacing issue early on. He's just not getting where he wants 1v1. Something to watch. Last season, we saw the Something often that he was struggling on 1v1s against defenders with good lateral mobility like Grimes who can defend 1s and 2s. They didn't waste their time having Brunson defend Trae. The Hawks instantly should have attacked Brunson and maybe they did but this is early so far.

Randle isn't good. I know he's a very good 1v1 player. Dude misses so many assignments on defense and he's very predictable on offense  

Bey has excellent hands. I felt that foul they called on him stripping Brunson was a legit strip. He has good steals instincts. That's gonna be his calling card. He's not bad at all on switches. It's when he has to play off ball defense is when he gets in trouble 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Knicks are running some good actions with Brunson. This ain't the Thibs Knicks of the hard working elite defense team. These Knicks have some crafty sets and a PG who can run it. 

Bey is pressing. You can see that he wants to shine but is pushing hard. Its going to come. Be patience.