• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks (7 PM EST Tip)

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Middleton's the only Buck on the Boo-Boo report, and 2 T Matthews (calf strain), the former Buck/Marquette star/Wisconsin native, is the sole Hawk on there.

Miles Norris and Seth Lundy on our Skyhawk duty.

Hawks' GameNotes notes the Bucks, by virtue of their last victory in Atlanta back in January, leads the all-time series 117-116, and it suggests that if you dig free throw shots, this game might be for you. Atlanta's 25.5 makes per games paces the NBA in the early-early going, despite drawing whistles just 21.0 times per game (12th in NBA). The only team with more attempts per game than the Hawks (31.0) is the Bucks, who got 36.5 in their season opener but sunk only 25 of those.

With Stotts out of the picture, the top guy with HC experience left on Adrian's assistant bench is our old friend, undefeated former Hawks head coach Joe Prunty. Tread carefully, Joe P.

~lw3

• Thanks 4

• Premium Member

Things I'll be looking at:

1. The PF and C defensive assignments: Lopez will pull CC from the paint, CC doesn't like to stray too far leaving Lopez open for 3s. Giannis vs Bey, oh boy 😳.  Or does CC guard Giannis. 

2. DJ vs Lillard, or do we see a lot of Hunter vs Lillard.

3. This has gotta be OO's time to step up, yes he has the best +/-, but he's not been impactful. Let's see the Giannis stopper today.

4. JJ - will be interesting to see how Quin deploys him this game.

5. We shot 37% from 3 last game, can we do a better job on 3pt defense in this game.

6. Will we see a Hunter repeat performance?

7. Trae - better shot selection.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Every game I'm curious to see if our backcourt picks up the defense scheme better. Hopefully we aren't caught leaving Dame open the entire game.

Unfortunately Dame doesn't have to be open to roast Trae or DJ

You just have to hope that he has an off game

Edited by Bonkers

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Every game I'm curious to see if our backcourt picks up the defense scheme better. 

Unfortunately, it's not just the backcourt having difficulty with miscommunication or lack of communication on defense.

Guys have to talk on defense.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Unfortunately, it's not just the backcourt having difficulty with miscommunication or lack of communication on defense.

Guys have to talk on defense.

It's not the front court players keeping 3's pointers wide open in the scheme.. We have a collection of guard learning when to close out, what areas they need to patrol while keeping an eye on man coverage.

This is some zone-man hybrid scheme requiring the backcourt to think the most.

Keep in mind our offense is already set up to be a top ten offense or higher as it has been since Trae really burst out. 

It's our defense that has always been putrid.. I believe Quin is drastically changing what we've seen and ran and behind the scenes the backcourt players are struggling the most.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

Tonight's the night when the Hawks commit to Quin's system for all four quarters and pull out the upset for our first dub of the season... 115-112 Hawks.  Trae gets back on track with a 26 point, 13 assist game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

JJ with the start!

"I think the Hawks should try a different starting lineup"

I had Trae/Murray/Dre/JJ/OO

One out of two aint bad I guess.. lol

Edited by terrell

Dame isnt trying to play any defense.. If our backcourt cant get on track tonight....................................

Just play smart, keep the ball moving, and feed the hot man..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1