• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat

lethalweapon3

At this point I expect them to lose when someone is missing. I'm just tuning in to watch the greatness of Trae and Bogi was special in the first half.

Tony better spend some money cause if Trae keeps this type of play up and keeps losing, he will request a trade.

Today wasn't Traes best game, but considering the torture house Miami has been from him, it was great progress.

We will probably lose tomorrow if Hunter doesn't play. ☹

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

At this point I expect them to lose when someone is missing. I'm just tuning in to watch the greatness of Trae and Bogi was special in the first half.

Tony better spend some money cause if Trae keeps this type of play up and keeps losing, he will request a trade.

Today wasn't Traes best game but considering the torture house Miami has been from him. It was great progress.

We will probably lose tomorrow if Huntee doesn't play. ☹

It's on his mind probably on leaving, another  hole they can't get out of. 

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

This Jaquez kid has really gotten on my nerves. 

Time to make some moves. 

Taking Bufkin over Jaquez was the last straw for me.  It would’ve taken me all of 10 minutes to realize Jaquez was the superior and more needed player for the Hawks by simply looking at their college stats and draft scouting (as he’s already a better impact player than oft-injured Dre).  That boy Landry deliberated on Bufkin for months before selecting him over Jaquez and Podziemski SMGDH.

I should note that Quin wouldn’t get anywhere near the impact Spo has out of him.  Probably wouldn't even have the mind to play him over the Matthews Twins lol.

The massive gap between the heat and Hawks gets wider.  At least Trae is playing arguably the best two-way ball of his career.  I’ve been so impressed with his strips and rapid improvement from three.  Unfortunately the heat (or any serious contending team) simply doesn’t allow him to spam FTs and lobs.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, georgia said:

So this team needs to make changes.    Very obvious.   Haven’t beat Miami one time and Butler has been out.    Can’t blame the coach…..

Well, they are a better 3 pt shooting team without Butler. 

They already shoot 40% from 3 as a team.  Tonight they dropped 17 for a damn near 44% from 3.   Our best position defender Dre... has a sore knee...  oywee.

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Taking Bufkin over Jaquez was the last straw for me.  It would’ve taken me all of 10 minutes to realize Jaquez was the superior and more needed player for the Hawks by simply looking at their college stats and draft scouting (as he’s already a better impact player than oft-injured Dre).  That boy Landry deliberated on Bufkin for months before selecting him over Jaquez and Podziemski SMGDH.

I should note that Quin wouldn’t get anywhere near the impact Spo has out of him.  Probably wouldn't even have the mind to play him over the Matthews Twins lol.

The massive gap between the heat and Hawks gets wider.  At least Trae is playing arguably the best two-way ball of his career.  I’ve been so impressed with his strips and rapid improvement from three.  Unfortunately the heat (or any serious contending team) simply doesn’t allow him to spam FTs and lobs.

And Cam Whitmore.. smh

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SalvorMallow said:

Looking at single game +/- again... Trae hit the wings while they were wide open on the 3pt line over and over and they kept bricking. I counted 6 wide open corner threes missed in a row in the first quarter.

Trae needs better shooters around him.

Bogi and Bey are the definition of streak shooters.   Bogi can get red hot and knock down 4 in a row, but he can also miss a ton of shots.

As great as he was at times last night, he finished the game 8 - 24 FG and 6 - 18 from 3.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, SalvorMallow said:

Looking at single game +/- again... Trae hit the wings while they were wide open on the 3pt line over and over and they kept bricking. I counted 6 wide open corner threes missed in a row in the first quarter.

Trae needs better shooters around him.

While I agree that Trae needs better shooters around him, Trae himself was 5 - 14 FG when I posted this last night.

He was struggling with his shot, struggling with turnovers, and also getting targeted and torched on defense most of the night.

I kind of hate that some of you just immediately dismiss +/- as a meaningless stat, when you can directly trace it back to what is going on in the game.

Even with Bogi.  He was +7 in the 1st half . . . -15 in the 2nd half.  And he was a huge reason why we were -15 by going 1 - 13 FG, 0 - 9 3FG in the 2nd half.

I always watch Trae's +/-, because his +/- number is one of the most important on the team.

• Hawks are 9 - 4 when he's ( + ) for the game
  • Hawks are 2 - 11 when he's ( - ) for the game
  • Hawks are 0 - 1 when he's even