• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat

lethalweapon3

7 hours ago, marco102 said:

At this point I expect them to lose when someone is missing. I'm just tuning in to watch the greatness of Trae and Bogi was special in the first half.

Tony better spend some money cause if Trae keeps this type of play up and keeps losing, he will request a trade.

Today wasn't Traes best game, but considering the torture house Miami has been from him, it was great progress.

We will probably lose tomorrow if Hunter doesn't play. ☹

I don't think Trae is nearly as frustrated as the fan base.  Trae knows that it's a long season.  I don't fear Trae requesting a trade any time soon.  But this roster needs upgrading, and soon.  The front office tends to fall in love with players and don't want to pull the trigger for better fitting players.  Our frontcourt is our biggest deficiency.  That's where the upgrades need to happen.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I don't think Trae is nearly as frustrated as the fan base.  Trae knows that it's a long season.  I don't fear Trae requesting a trade any time soon.  But this roster needs upgrading, and soon.  The front office tends to fall in love with players and don't want to pull the trigger for better fitting players.  Our frontcourt is our biggest deficiency.  That's where the upgrades need to happen.

He absolutely will if they keep letting talent go to avoid the luxury tax. We need more depth and another star player.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Big victory last night!  #6!  Tonight we make it #7 and tie the record!

LFG!!!  This is our NBA Finals!    There won't be anything this team does this year more meaningful than Trae's streak.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

While I agree that Trae needs better shooters around him, Trae himself was 5 - 14 FG when I posted this last night.

He was struggling with his shot, struggling with turnovers, and also getting targeted and torched on defense most of the night.

I kind of hate that some of you just immediately dismiss +/- as a meaningless stat, when you can directly trace it back to what is going on in the game.

Even with Bogi.  He was +7 in the 1st half . . . -15 in the 2nd half.  And he was a huge reason why we were -15 by going 1 - 13 FG, 0 - 9 3FG in the 2nd half.

I always watch Trae's +/-, because his +/- number is one of the most important on the team.

• Hawks are 9 - 4 when he's ( + ) for the game
  • Hawks are 2 - 11 when he's ( - ) for the game
  • Hawks are 0 - 1 when he's even

It's because single game +/- can be very deceiving as it doesn't tell you anything about game flow, how other guys on the floor contributed, etc. 

In this particular example, Trae was - 9 in his first 5:32 run before he got subbed out. Look at the game action:

MISS Mathews 3PT Jump Shot

MISS Bey 25' 3PT Jump Shot 

Capela Out Of Bounds - Bad Pass Turnover Turnover (P1.T1)

Young Free Throw Technical (1 PTS)

MISS Mathews 3PT Jump Shot

Bey 4' Layup (2 PTS) (Young 1 AST)

MISS Bey 3PT Jump Shot

Young 29' 3PT Jump Shot (4 PTS)

Young 19' Step Back Jump Shot (6 PTS) (Murray 1 AST)

MISS Bey 3' Layup

Young Bad Pass Turnover (P1.T2)

MISS Bey 3PT Jump Shot

Trae had one turnover, hit a couple shots, and setup Bey and Matthew's for practice shots on the three point line over and over and over.

The Heat were packing the paint and selling out on Bey and Matthews to stop Trae. Our "shooters" couldn't knock down the open looks that Trae created off of this defense, so now his +/- looks horrible. 

Notice how Bogi getting hot opened up the game for Trae? It forced them to stay connected to him, opening up the floor. 

We need guys who can shoot on this team to maximize Quin's offense and Trae. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, cam1218 said:

@kg01 tonight is the Hawks sandwiched between GT football and GT hoops. No way I’m catching the GT hoops game, but a much younger version of me would have been stoked for this evening.

I watched all 3 games .... my body is revolting against that plan rn tho... 😢😴

If the Hawks woulda given me the threesome, I'd be bouncing off the walls.  So close... 

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Taking Bufkin over Jaquez was the last straw for me.  It would’ve taken me all of 10 minutes to realize Jaquez was the superior and more needed player for the Hawks by simply looking at their college stats and draft scouting (as he’s already a better impact player than oft-injured Dre).  That boy Landry deliberated on Bufkin for months before selecting him over Jaquez and Podziemski SMGDH.

I should note that Quin wouldn’t get anywhere near the impact Spo has out of him.  Probably wouldn't even have the mind to play him over the Matthews Twins lol.

The massive gap between the heat and Hawks gets wider.  At least Trae is playing arguably the best two-way ball of his career.  I’ve been so impressed with his strips and rapid improvement from three.  Unfortunately the heat (or any serious contending team) simply doesn’t allow him to spam FTs and lobs.

Yeah I didn't get that pick either.  He did well with the other picks so I'm torn.  Maybe he just fell in love with Bufkin.  Hope he can flip him into a piece that actually helps us.  Disagree that Snyder wouldn't have played Jaq tho.  That kid reminds me of a smaller JJ, basically, who Quin seems to love. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

From the boxscore, seems as if the game was lost due to:

🔥 Bogi vs 🥶 Bogi.......

.......and having the play the door Mat(t)s.

THIS!! As divisive as Hunter is, we can all agree he is light years better than the door Mat(t)s! 

Last 15 games, W Matthews is 3/27 from 3 😞

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Well after 39 years of extreme fanhood with no breaks in watching games and averaging  80.3 (hawks games watched per year ; regular season only) I’ve now missed like 3 entire games.. the Nuggs… ?.. the Heat, maybe 2. 

Aye @kg01, don’t answer the BIL calls, not today, was it a good game at least? 

Go Hawks!!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Trifecta (family show) :boobs:

I don’t wanna see you in bed wit GT! 😡 

It’s not just GT, it’s you cagey, I’m jealous of the world when it comes to you.

I would've just stayed up all night if the Hawks had pulled it off.  Just drove to Liami with my shirt off. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I watched all 3 games .... my body is revolting against that plan rn tho... 😢😴

If the Hawks woulda given me the threesome, I'd be bouncing off the walls.  So close... 

Kuddos to you! After the bowl win and the Hawks loss I went to bed happy with a 1-1 day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Yeah I didn't get that pick either.  He did well with the other picks so I'm torn.  Maybe he just fell in love with Bufkin.  Hope he can flip him into a piece that actually helps us.  Disagree that Snyder wouldn't have played Jaq tho.  That kid reminds me of a smaller JJ, basically, who Quin seems to love. 

Yeah I cant find 1 Hawks fan that loved the Bufkin pick.. smh

Another frail SG? Seriously? Mind blowing.

THat might be worse than the Falcons taking a TE and a RB top 10.. Geez

Edited by terrell
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

I have thought that the pick was DJ insurance?

53 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yeah I cant find 1 Hawks fan that loved the Bufkin pick.. smh

Another frail SG? Seriously? Mind blowing.

THat might be worse than the Falcons taking a TE and a RB top 10.. Geez

There were a few pretty prominent posters here who loved that pick.  I ain't gonna name names .... 

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I have thought that the pick was DJ insurance?

Agreed but there wasn't any way this pick was gonna 'replace' DJ, so it was asinine on its face.  Jmho 

• Thanks 1