• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Wizards (3 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Time for a laptop or a new phone that you can use to Squawk in game 😄

I have both but the neuropathy in my hands makes typing on phones really hard. I could use a laptop though.

• Like 2

NO ONE MENTIONED IT AND IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAME:

Big 00 did not play - out sick.  Bruno played in his place.  Bruno was not on the court when the Hawks had their terrible start or that terrible finish.  He was in the game when everything was going right for the Hawks.

It was mentioned that Mills had a big + for the game.  Hawk team was playing well when he was in the game or this wouldn't happen.  Watching, he seems to be a real pest on defense.  He can take, and make, some shots.  Not bad for an old man out there with the big boys!

Big picture:  Maybe Patty and Bruno are not as terrible as some of our bench players.  Time for a shakeup and it begins with the far end of the bench and works it's way back to the starters.  Who do we keep?  Who goes?  Or, do we do nothing at all?

:bb:

• Like 2

Just watched the game. We played well and were in a rhythm for most of the game.

JJ is a bad boy… ooohhhh weeee @kg01 I can’t be the only one that missed the fact that he had THIS much game. It’s all wrapped in a fundamental form.

2 plays in particular he received the pass from Trae and straight bum rushed the rim with his quick first step and strides. That alley oop dunk from Trae too.. got me Poppin outta my seat 💺 like YO WTF! 

Trae is magical. Not much more to say. That fake behind the back to Bogi to set up the Trae drop was some showmanship at its best. Wow.

DJ was on it. He was in his bad tonight came out aggressive and stayed that way.

Felt like Trae, DJ and Jj had a nice 3 man triangle offense working for a minute. Great stuff.

Great win to end the year. Let’s keep winning that was nice.

GO HAWKS!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

It would be very nice.  I'm not holding my breath though.  Honestly the only difference between the Kings game and the Wiz game was that the Wiz are terrible and refused to let us collapse.  Well that wasn't the only difference.  We played better but still were shaky at the end.   We have to play a complete game to beat OKC. 

OKC is on a 4 game win streak too…

But…..they’ll be on the 2nd of a back2back.  They play at home tonight vs BOS.  Need the C’s to wear them out.

Hawks are rested.  Play them fast and tough and take it to ‘em!  Send them kickin’ rocks down I-20!    :kickcan:

Woooo!

• Like 4

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Playing OKC next? Does that mean @shakes will be watching?

hell yea, killing 2 birds (no pun intended) with one stone.

OKC playing Boston tonight so they might be ready for a let down game tomorrow.

• Like 2