• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Wizards (3 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Good Win Hawks.   Even before I looked, I knew that there would be less than 10 pages....   But I would never have expected just 4...

Oh Well, winning kills the moaning. 

3PM Sunday NYE game, ppl busy 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, but even the present complainers stopped complaining. 

However, you got a good point.

19 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I think it was just me and @TheNorthCydeRises posting during the game.. lol

We out rebounded them 58-42, that was good. JJ is a baller and is back, that's great.

But fans probably dont have many other good feelings about narrowly beating a 6-26 team.

Especially after watching the Falcons stink up the joint.. smh

Edited by terrell
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, terrell said:

But fans probably dont have many other good feelings about narrowly beating a 6-26 team.

There was a lot to feel good about.   We came back from 14 down.  [] The point is .. IN the NBA.. Nothing comes easy.  Ask Toronto. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, terrell said:

Same Washington team beat Mikal Bridges and Brooklyn on Friday.  And Brooklyn had everybody.  Nothing easy.

1 hour ago, Chrimturn said:

Thought those FT’s were gonna bite him.

In other news….Looks like it’s going to be 17-13 going in to half.  3 critical hours down…2 to go.  Hang on!

Offense failed them in the 2nd half.  Not sure what the Chiefs did to shut down Browning's short passing game.  But when they did, he started holding onto the ball way too long.

I agree with them going for it on that 4th down inside the 5.  I just hated the play call.

15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Same Washington team beat Mikal Bridges and Brooklyn on Friday.  And Brooklyn had everybody.  Nothing easy.

Im just giving a reason why probably nobody was here..Geez.. Keep your panties on..

Edited by terrell

17 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Crazy how mid BKN is but no one questions Bridges' greatness(sic)....

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Im just giving a reason why probably nobody was here..Geez.. Keep your panties on..

I tend to agree with you.  I didn't feel good about this win because we showed the same lackadaisical attention to detail.  We just outlasted it.  If 4 more minutes were on the clock, who knows....

And I'll take my panties off if I want to.  

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Crazy how mid BKN is but no one questions Bridges' greatness(sic)....

I tend to agree with you.  I didn't feel good about this win because we showed the same lackadaisical attention to detail.  We just outlasted it.  If 4 more minutes were on the clock, who knows....

And I'll take my panties off if I want to.  

I never said I didnt feel good about the win.. We need all the wins we can get..  Dude just making up shit as usual.. lol.. But yeah that was a trash ass finish. We almost fkd it up like always..

I was just responding to @JeffS17 as to why the board was probably quiet...

And here comes Diesel like

giphy.gif.a1a8cf2433a5ccd7435c178eafcabe2a.gif

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Offense failed them in the 2nd half.  Not sure what the Chiefs did to shut down Browning's short passing game.  But when they did, he started holding onto the ball way too long.

I agree with them going for it on that 4th down inside the 5.  I just hated the play call.

Way too long.  Started to look like G Mat out there chasing ghosts, lol.

The play call…I know.  Trayveon Williams in there.  Maybe they hoped KC would think he wasn’t getting the ball.  🤷🏻‍♂️  Man that yard looked like it was even longer once they lined up.  Line looked way over loaded like there was gonna be no chance if they ran it.

• Sad 1

I was watching.  I just can't watch and post here and read posts all at the same time.  Falcons got blown away in the Chicago snow- storm.  Koo missed a bunch of field goals and Atlanta QB threw interceptions.

Hawks had to overcome a slow start when they couldn't score.  A carryover from their previous loss.  Then, late in the 4th quarter they had a nice, comfortable lead which they preceded to blow.  The score became really uncomfortable before the clock ran out, saving the Hawk's victory.

Hawks were both good and bad.  Terrible opening and closing.  Great in between.  I'll take the win with the end of the losing streak to end the year on a good note.

:smug:

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I watched the game but as usual I don't really post a lot in the game thread until after the game is over.

Why?

I'm old and my desktop PC is in another room from the living room TV. I'm not going back and forth to yell "why is Trae shooting 30 foot jumpers?" or "does Bey know how to pick up his man?"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I watched the game but as usual I don't really post a lot in the game thread until after the game is over.

Why?

I'm old and my desktop PC is in another room from the living room TV. I'm not going back and forth to yell "why is Trae shooting 30 foot jumpers?" or "does Bey know how to pick up his man?"

Time for a laptop or a new phone that you can use to Squawk in game 😄

• Like 1