• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Magic (6 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

Anybody know why Trae NEVER throws up the long range shot before the halftime buzzer?  I realize it's a super low percentage chance it'll go in, but it's better than the 0% chance of just holding onto the ball and chucking it after the buzzer.

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Hawks stopped shooting 3s when they got down, and went to attacking the rim.  And the game has completely turned since.

Broadcast says the players made that adjustment on their own, on the fly.  Pretty cool, if true. 

Just now, Phunkabilly said:

Anybody know why Trae NEVER throws up the long range shot before the halftime buzzer?  I realize it's a super low percentage chance it'll go in, but it's better than the 0% chance of just holding onto the ball and chucking it after the buzzer.

Shootin% baybeeeeeee ..

That said, he's done a couple this year.  Most players don't, if we're being honest. 

• Like 1

image.png.7800b12b672a5dfaf4921de30bcef52e.png

Okongwu ( +24 ) in this game.

For those of you who think +/- is BS, his presence on the court has pretty much eliminated any good looks at the rim.

You know why?  Because the other thing that's happening is that Quin played the OO / Capela frontline extended minutes in that 2nd quarter.

Orlando only has 3 offensive rebounds.  So when you play decent defense and they're missing from the outside, your frontline can actually grab rebounds.

OO with 6 rebounds in the 1st half.

Orlando has missed 25 first half shots . . . Hawks have grabbed 23 defensive rebounds

Defensive rebound % = 92%

Hawks Dreb% number is normally around 73%

4 minutes ago, Phunkabilly said:

It's already been established that Trae doesn't want to mess up his long range shooting %.

He made that one, but why mess up his shot% on an attempt that most people can only make like 10% of the time.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Here comes the second half.

20 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Murray is on it tonight.  No 3s.  Straight attack mode.

This is what I expected when we got him.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's already been established that Trae doesn't want to mess up his long range shooting %.

He made that one, but why mess up his shot% on an attempt that most people can only make like 10% of the time.

Because it's not about personal stats, but about trying to win the game?  There's zero downside of trying to chuck up a shot before the buzzer sounds.  To be fair, as KG stated, a lot of players choose not to put that shot up... not just Trae.  It's a minor point, but one that annoys the hell out of me.  

• Premium Member

It's a CON Spiracy...

During the 3rd,   we were up 66-61... somewhere in the 9:00 Minute mark.

The Score keeper took 3 points off of our score.   63-61...  Right before Siddiq hit a three. 

It's like a few minutes left in the 3rd... and they have not fixed it yet...

Not only did they not fix it, the score keeper added 1 to Orlando's score. 

CON SPIRACY.

Huge tip by Jalen to end quarter after Trae kept it alive after his long miss.

I thought Banchero would be a Carmelo type player.  I was wrong, he’s gonna be far more well-rounded than that.  Shawty cold.

I used to hate Cole Anthony.  Wouldn’t mind him backing up on my team one bit now.  Kid got an edge to him.

Edited by benhillboy