• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

12 minutes ago, Threezus said:

I've been tough on Onyeka this year and called him out a few times for his struggles.  In most of those posts i even called out if he was sulking and putting in lack of effort because he wasn't given the starting job yet.    Fast forward to clints injury and Onyeka getting the starting job and he has went straight back to being King Kongwu like we had hoped for.   If this is what it takes for him to play like we know he can then he has to stay as the starting C 100%.   Still think it's a little soft and weak mentally if thats getting to him.   But maybe he just needed the kick in the azz and not having a safety blanket in Clint over him. For him to realize he has to step up big time now that clints down.   Either way it's great to see and i hope this version is here to stay lord knows we need it.

Trae is the "king maker" when it comes to bigs.  Offensively, we're much more potent with Okongwu in the middle, than Clint.  Defensively, OO still has to battle for rebounds, but it seems like Bey and JJ is roaming a lot better to help out on the boards, with Clint out.  Maybe that's because people just assume that Clint will get most of the rebounds.  With him out, it's been a gang rebound mentality.

We all thought that Okongwu should've been the starting center at the beginning of the year.  Now it may be in Quin's best interest to promote OO to that role, give him 28 - 30 minutes a game, and see if the team functions better with him as the starter.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Not sure that is correct.  He went for 50 without Embid. Production has remained steady when healthy. 

Take out that 51 point game and he's been pretty bad. Trae would've been skewered around here if he had the same stats as Maxey over the last 3 games. It's not easy carrying a team offensively like Trae has. 

image.png

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Didn't  Maxey go for 50 without Embid. Just asking not sure.  Not sure that there has been a reduction in his production without Embid.

Brandon Jennings and Saddiq Bey also have 50pt games.

Maxey has been terrible without JoeLLLL aka in the Trae role.  Wake me when the eggsperts say a peep about it.......

..... here lies kg01, just went to sleep and never woke up.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Diesel said:

Cut Vit.. Bring on Gallo.

Again, Vit is on a a GLeague 2way contract so cutting him does not help our NBA 15 man roster. We'd need to cut one of Wes or Patty.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Maxey has been terrible without JoeLLLL aka in the Trae role.  Wake me when the eggsperts say a peep about it.......

they talked about it a lot on the afternoon show yesterday.   

I just wish they would connect the dots and use it to compare him to Trae who is #1 on the opponent's scouting report every game since he entered the league.

• Like 2

What team was that? Was that us? We balled out. Everybody was on it from the jump. Probably one of the best all around games of the season for us. Easy watch on the eyes.

@Wretch OO is ready. I mean it this time 😂 His touch on those floaters and that outside corner 3 is pretty doh 😖

Bey played the best and most complete game I’ve seen him play as a Hawk. Hustling and driving to the hoop WITH INTENT. That was vintage Bey.

Superstar- Trae is unbelievable I just can’t say enough about his game. He’s on a different level than many guys most nights. 

JJ- Wow. Like he still has me saying WOW. The plays he makes and how smooth and easy he makes them look. The gliding dunks in the lane through traffic and all, pretty.

BRUNO- in 14 min he was a perfect 4-4.

Him and Bey wanted to win and beat up the Sixers physically as well 😂.

Prolly the best game watched for me in a long time. Everybody clicked led by superstar Trae.

Couple of key 🔑 dunks by JJ..

IMG_2970.thumb.jpeg.3b6e70428e2506e02ba7608abf99cc5a.jpeg

IMG_2969.thumb.jpeg.c91e613d72cb413eaff4bda7f1638452.jpeg

This pass to JJ from Trae was special. I love 💗 Trae and I’ll scream in from a rooftop. The precision and the 📌 point passing. 💗 

IMG_2968.thumb.jpeg.3e696db4d9b3abf7ca39693bce01a2fe.jpeg

GO HAWKS!!!!

• Like 4

Hawks had 10 players available.  9 players were used.  Sadly, even when Atlanta's lead was very comfortable before the 4th quarter when everything turned upside down, AJ Griffin was denied admission to this game.  No excuse.  🥲

A back-to-back tonight.  If he doesn't play, may as well release him because he's not going to play again.  He could be sent to the Skyhawks if he's not in game shape or if he has things that need work.  But, no.  Keep him here and let him dry up and die as a NBA prospect.  Hawks GM says, "Develop."  Our coach says, "Not on my watch we will not."

:ahf:

• Sad 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Again, Vit is on a a GLeague 2way contract so cutting him does not help our NBA 15 man roster. We'd need to cut one of Wes or Patty.

Well, Cut one of them so that they can join a championship squad and bring on Gallo.

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This aint 2021 Diesel.  Since then, Gallo has torn his ACL and isnt the prolific shooter he once was.

Adding him or Delon on the team would have no positive impact to the team.

image.png

He's still 6'11".  He still can shoot.  He still can pull the ball off the glass.  I'm not saying to bring him in as a heavily used starter.   I'm saying to bring him in to give us Depth up front. 

14 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Glad you said that. I hate watching the Hawks when he is pounding the ball 20 out of 24 seconds then throwing a bad pass or forcing a shot.  Hawks are much better when the ball is moving and Trae's not hunting assist

This is why Murray probably has to be on this team.

Otherwise you have to watch Trae shoot 20 plus shots a game, and freeze out everyone else in the 4th.

7 tos

Come on Man!!

With that said,  Ive also seen Murray force shots during endgame with similar results. smh

• Like 1

20 hours ago, hawkman said:

Take out that 51 point game and he's been pretty bad. Trae would've been skewered around here if he had the same stats as Maxey over the last 3 games. It's not easy carrying a team offensively like Trae has. 

image.png

Two below avg games. Not comparing him to Trae. Still averaged 25. Can't dismiss the fifty piece like it didn't happen.

14 hours ago, kg01 said:

Boy is that random.Bey and Saddiq have nothing to do with Maxey.  Maxey had a couple of below average game but he also scored and averaged 25. Why do you guys get in your feelings about Trae all the time.  I was making a comparison between the two.  Maxey's production stands on it's on. Two different  ballplayers. 

15 hours ago, kg01 said:

This makes no sense at all. Wasn't comparing Trae to Maxey. The Bey and Jennings statement is random as Hell. Maxey is absolutely a different player than those two. Maxey is a young player that is still evolving. Quit whining about Trae . I wasn't talking about  Trae but let's get it straight Trae still has his warts. Q is trying to help him work thru them but he still falls back into his bad habits of dominating the ball and trying to win the game by himself. Hopfully he takes to the coaching and becomes a better player.  It's not all about stats.