• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, hawkman said:

OO playing his way into a permanent starting spot. I'm not sure how Quin can justify moving him back to the bench. It'll be interesting to see how he looks against Sengun tomorrow.

IIRC....OO ate Sengun's lunch last time. OO and Trae were killing him on the PnR. Rockets had to take him out.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

More like, has Snyder figured out giving OO starters minutes over Clint, is the way to go?

OO'S ability to handle the ball and make plays on offense is a big plus.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

OO'S ability to handle the ball and make plays on offense is a big plus.

His soft touch around the basket is night and day from what we see from Cap. The range out to the three point line helps too. Rebounding is still a concern though. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The ball stop moving. Trae playing iso Trae

Glad you said that. I hate watching the Hawks when he is pounding the ball 20 out of 24 seconds then throwing a bad pass or forcing a shot.  Hawks are much better when the ball is moving and Trae's not hunting assist

4 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Glad you said that. I hate watching the Hawks when he is pounding the ball 20 out of 24 seconds then throwing a bad pass or forcing a shot.  Hawks are much better when the ball is moving and Trae's not hunting assist

Was really just late in the game. First 3 quarters they were moving the ball well and didn't have a ton of iso. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Decision day tomorrow for Mr Forrest.

Gallo and Killian Hayes got waived. So there's that. Killian is a bust but I'd seriously have to think about him vs Forrest as a third PG that could possibly be a backup in a pinch. Gallo is just more of a personal favorite.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Gallo and Killian Hayes got waived. So there's that. Killian is a bust but I'd seriously have to think about him vs Forrest as a third PG that could possibly be a backup in a pinch. Gallo is just more of a personal favorite.

Trent is a on a 2way, so he'll have to either remain in GL rest of season or Hawks will have to release someone to give him an NBA deal or waive him outright.

To sign Gallo or Hayes, Hawks will need to waive a player from the regular 15 man rotation. Wes or Patty.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Was really just late in the game. First 3 quarters they were moving the ball well and didn't have a ton of iso. 

No excuse.  Have to be mentally tough enough not to revert to old bad habits. I will give them  and Q credit for they have improved but they have to execute under pressure.  A work in progress. 

• Premium Member

Wasn't able to catch the game and no one here left me enough comments to take in the action lol... looks like Trae had a lot of turnovers but otherwise, good game(?).  Hunter with some very quiet and very nice shooting splits this year -- continued it this game.  How did he look? And how did Bruno look in his limited minutes?

45 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Good to see new aggressive play from Hunter. 

He needs to keep coming off the bench, and just look to attack.  Looks like that may be his role.

But I bet Quin can't wait to insert Capela and Hunter back into the starting lineup, and cry about things that we can or cannot do.

• Like 2

I've been tough on Onyeka this year and called him out a few times for his struggles.  In most of those posts i even called out if he was sulking and putting in lack of effort because he wasn't given the starting job yet.    Fast forward to clints injury and Onyeka getting the starting job and he has went straight back to being King Kongwu like we had hoped for.   If this is what it takes for him to play like we know he can then he has to stay as the starting C 100%.   Still think it's a little soft and weak mentally if thats getting to him.   But maybe he just needed the kick in the azz and not having a safety blanket in Clint over him. For him to realize he has to step up big time now that clints down.   Either way it's great to see and i hope this version is here to stay lord knows we need it.

Edited by Threezus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trent is a on a 2way, so he'll have to either remain in GL rest of season or Hawks will have to release someone to give him an NBA deal or waive him outright.

To sign Gallo or Hayes, Hawks will need to waive a player from the regular 15 man rotation. Wes or Patty.

Mills is definitely not getting waived. Can’t they just waive Krejci again