• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Most of what the article says makes sense (although I'd quibble with some of it) but I honestly think the author accidently switched the names in this sentence because it really makes no sense even in the context of the article:

The article makes the point that Maxey has been able to flourish playing behind some huge talents and hasn't been exposed to the type of focus that Young has for his career.  It makes it clear that he hasn't had to carry the heavy load since Embiid did it for the team.  The article says that Maxey is now feeling what it is like to be Young and failing at it.  So what the heck could this sentence be trying to convey unless the names are switched?

Yep...mixed that up.

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Maxey looked great (Made the all-star team) with Embiid.  

Trae looks better than Maxey without Embiid.

:smug:

Trae looked better than Maxey with Embiid too.  People just weren't watching closely.  

Maxey is a really good player but not in Trae's class.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae makes it look easy.

I like the intent of the article but that was really poorly written.  So many misstatements and weird sentences.  I think I know what they were trying to convey, but it was a tough read.  

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae makes it look easy.

I'd rather stick needles dipped in ghost peppers into my eyes than click on anything from F-ing Deadspin!   F that scum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I like the intent of the article but that was really poorly written.  So many misstatements and weird sentences.  I think I know what they were trying to convey, but it was a tough read.  

it;s Deadspin.   They have an editor who is the biggest [EDIT: insert lightly hyphenated genitalia here ~lw3] in the world. And she's basically illiterate.   She might also be teh single worst person in the entire world.  On my Chicago sports fan message board we have a thread dedicated to what a POS Julie Dicaro is and right now that thread is over 1500 pages long.  

Pleaes don't even click on anything there.  Right now they are being sued because they accused a Kansas City 10 year fan of being racist because he wore black and red face paint to a game.

• Like 2