• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bulls

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's simple - defend at the level of the screen and then hustles back to the paint.  It also requires his teammates to hedge the roller giving him time to get back.  Timing and understanding of roles.

He's our most versatile defender. He can do everything. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hawkman said:

DJ's handle continues to baffle me. 

It’s an absolute killer in the playoffs when hands get super active with fewer whistles.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

I’m over these charge challenges (unless the Hawks win 😉)

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Forrest needs to get cut to make room for Vit on the playoff roster.

I like Trent, yet can’t argue one bit.

2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

It’s an absolute killer in the playoffs when hands get super active with fewer whistles.

There is zero chance if I had the option between him and Trae, I am choosing Murray when it matters. RS with our current personnel, I prefer Murray but in the playoffs, easily Trae. 

Just now, benhillboy said:

I’m over these charge challenges (unless the Hawks win 😉)

I like Trent, yet can’t argue one bit.

Same

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, aali34 said:

He bought in on defense and not dominating possessions as much, but he's still trash at playing offball. He has a habit of standing still at the top of the key and he doesn't take shots in rhythm. Hunter moves better then him now and both were bad early on.

He was a lot further along than DJ or Hunter before he got hurt. DJ openly complained about the coaching and was rumored to be open to getting moved during the trade deadline. Trae still has a ways to go as far as playing off the ball, but he was trying on both ends from the start. DJ didn't really "buy in" until after the trade deadline and Hunter hit his stride after his knee injury.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Can't lie, that was great D by Dre but better O

You play DeRozan straight up and live with those shots...don't go for the pump fake and put him at the line.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, hawkman said:

He was a lot further along than DJ or Hunter before he got hurt. DJ openly complained about the coaching and was rumored to be open to getting moved during the trade deadline. Trae still has a ways to go as far as playing off the ball, but he was trying on both ends from the start. DJ didn't really "buy in" until after the trade deadline and Hunter hit his stride after his knee injury.

That may be true, and he's still has a ways to go, but I'm not talking about DJ though.

Trae is the best player and we go where he takes us. Another thing he does that I don't like is jogging on offense when he's not bringing the ball up when he should be running and putting pressure on the defense.