Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bulls

18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Is he? I’ll be the judge 👩‍⚖️ of that?

I really think @AHF stepped over a line there.  So presumptuous.  I mean, what if you wanted to give Forrest a gameball for keeping Bogi from chokin Quin out?

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Just finished watching it. VIT VIT!!! When he started getting minutes a week and a half ago we all thought he was a breath of fresh air minus ➖ one thing, shooting. Tonight, he didn’t miss. Dude was Larry Krejči out there and last game he was Magic Krejči. Love 💗 this dude he’s a team player, he swings it and plays the most unselfish style which is always awesome to watch.

Garrison with his side step 3 is money as well and hit some nice ones. Our bench knows how to ball once given an opportunity. 

The refs were still trying to hold up back with some no calls. 😆. It’s sad to watch refs trying to keep the games close for Adam Silver. 

Got the win, 1/2 a game back of the Bulls! 

Go Hawks!!!!

ps @AHF kidding Vit obviously gets the 🏀. He’s been great! 

Just finished watching it. VIT VIT!!! When he started getting minutes a week and a half ago we all thought he was a breath of fresh air minus ➖ one thing, shooting. Tonight, he didn’t miss. Dude was Larry Krejči out there and last game he was Magic Krejči. Love 💗 this dude he’s a team player, he swings it and plays the most unselfish style which is always awesome to watch.

Garrison with his side step 3 is money as well and hit some nice ones. Our bench knows how to ball once given an opportunity. 

The refs were still trying to hold up back with some no calls. 😆. It’s sad to watch refs trying to keep the games close for Adam Silver. 

Got the win, 1/2 a game back of the Bulls! 

Go Hawks!!!!

ps @AHF kidding Vit obviously gets the 🏀. He’s been great! 

Squd you out here glitchin? 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, AHF said:

Agreed and both were bad defenders at their positions.  Fwiw, DJM is shooting just under 47% with Trae this season and just over 45% without him.  (SSS on the games without Trae but getting bigger).  Both good numbers for a guard his size.

His .560% ts% is a career high by a large margin.  In defense of questioning scoring efficiency, that would probably be the worst ts% of any playoff team’s leading scorer in the league.  (It is worse than every Hawk rotation regular other than Bey this season.)

So I think DJM should be celebrated for hitting a new career best but he has never been a particularly efficient scorer so if you are throwing out the idea of him being our lead guy then consider me suspect of that team’s ceiling (his handle would also concern me for the playoffs).

Exactly. But don't tell some folks this. All that matters is they are winning without Trae so Trae must be the issue. Nevermind that the winning is more a product of Others playing better (Vit,  Dre, Bogi, Clint, and Bruno specifically) than Murray playing better than Trae. 

The winning just fits the general opinion of Trae by some so its a convenient talking point.  Murray being the lead guy on the team is not a recipe for success.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I mean, what if you wanted to give Forrest a gameball for keeping Bogi from chokin Quin out?

🤣 it did “save a life” 😆 

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Squd you out here glitchin? 

I pressed send once it flooded it like 5 times. I’m being hacked by the central lack of intelligence! :huh:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I pressed send once it flooded it like 5 times. I’m being hacked by the central lack of intelligence! :huh:

AH's revenge!  Spud, the hack is coming from inside the house!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

AH's revenge!  Spud, the hack is coming from inside the house!

I threw a fit! A tantrum if I may! 😡 

I deserve a spanking. :airquote: Full disclose the “quote emoji” appeared cuz I couldn’t find {paddle to the a$$} 😐 

2 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Exactly. But don't tell some folks this. All that matters is they are winning without Trae so Trae must be the issue. Nevermind that the winning is more a product of Others playing better (Vit,  Dre, Bogi, Clint, and Bruno specifically) than Murray playing better than Trae. 

The winning just fits the general opinion of Trae by some so its a convenient talking point.  Murray being the lead guy on the team is not a recipe for success.  

Others are playing better without Trae though.. I havent seen the Hawks move the ball like this since Bud left...

Hope it continues when he comes back, because if it doesnt....................................... lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, terrell said:

Others are playing better without Trae though.. I havent seen the Hawks move the ball like this since Bud left...

Hope it continues when he comes back, because if it doesnt....................................... lol

It's hard to say that. JJ was playing much better with Trae in January. Capela been better of late but he was terrible with anyone till ASB. Bruno been better with Murray.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I threw a fit! A tantrum if I may! 😡 

I deserve a spanking. :airquote: Full disclose the “quote emoji” appeared cuz I couldn’t find {paddle to the a$$} 😐 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I think the numbers support the idea that there's been more passing without Trae, but not the idea that guys are playing better without Trae. Clint played his best ball of the season, statistically anyway, in November December and then fell off a cliff in Jan/Feb before rebounding in March. 

Bogi has been the exact same all year, posting nearly identical numbers every month.  He had a slight dip in December and January but otherwise has been Mr. Reliable.  His assist number is the only thing that has gone up without Trae, which is why I said the numbers support the idea that there's more passing.  The guys are sharing the load more. 

Vit has been a revelation but he didn't play with Trae.

Hunter, statistically, has been worse with Murray than with Trae, but not by a lot.  He was sucking early in the year and then came on in February and March.    

My point is not that the hawks aren't playing well, it's that this idea that you and others try to perpetuate after every win that the team is better off without Trae is nonsense.  Guys are playing better late in the season.  Are they playing better because Trae isn't out there?  Not sure there's anything to suggest that other than a few fans bias. 

Is Murray playing better than Trae, iyo?    

I like watching them play without him, but I NEVER said we were better off without Trae. I just said yesterday we gonna need his offense in the playin/playoffs. smh

But longterm, Ive always been it's either He or Murray.. Not both.. They're both pg's and the D is a disaster. 

Edited by terrell

49 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's hard to say that. JJ was playing much better with Trae in January. Capela been better of late but he was terrible with anyone till ASB. Bruno been better with Murray.

Yeah honestly I think it has alot more to do with OO and Bey being out than Trae being out...

We all know how good Trae is at passing and shot making, but he needs to be more mobile and less ball dominant IMO.. 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, terrell said:

I like watching them play without him, but I NEVER said we were better off without Trae. I just said yesterday we gonna need his offense in the playin/playoffs. smh

But longterm, Ive always been it's either He or Murray.. Not both.. They're both pg's and the D is a disaster. 

Guilty by association, perhaps.  Although I would swear you have referenced keeping Murray next year, which, is implying trading Trae since you clearly state we can't keep both.  But whatever.

I agree that one likely needs to go due to the defense.  My only question is whether a legit defensive center to protect the paint would mitigate some of the disaster that is a Trae/DJ backcourt.  I like DJ a lot.  I just believe Trae is the better PG and not just by a little.  

18 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Guilty by association, perhaps.  Although I would swear you have referenced keeping Murray next year, which, is implying trading Trae since you clearly state we can't keep both.  But whatever.

I agree that one likely needs to go due to the defense.  My only question is whether a legit defensive center to protect the paint would mitigate some of the disaster that is a Trae/DJ backcourt.  I like DJ a lot.  I just believe Trae is the better PG and not just by a little.  

Well I hope hes the better PG based on their salaries..

Its not about who the better pg is though IMO,  its who makes the Team better,  and what can we get in return..

Ill leave that up to LF and QS..

Edited by terrell

58 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I think the numbers support the idea that there's been more passing without Trae, but not the idea that guys are playing better without Trae. Clint played his best ball of the season, statistically anyway, in November December and then fell off a cliff in Jan/Feb before rebounding in March. 

Bogi has been the exact same all year, posting nearly identical numbers every month.  He had a slight dip in December and January but otherwise has been Mr. Reliable.  His assist number is the only thing that has gone up without Trae, which is why I said the numbers support the idea that there's more passing.  The guys are sharing the load more. 

Vit has been a revelation but he didn't play with Trae.

Hunter, statistically, has been worse with Murray than with Trae, but not by a lot.  He was sucking early in the year and then came on in February and March.    

My point is not that the hawks aren't playing well, it's that this idea that you and others try to perpetuate after every win that the team is better off without Trae is nonsense.  Guys are playing better late in the season.  Are they playing better because Trae isn't out there?  Not sure there's anything to suggest that other than a few fans bias. 

Is Murray playing better than Trae, iyo?    

Trae is ball dominant, and he has a tendency to pass to the bigs. I do think there may be some credence to the idea that wings have trouble getting into a rhythm with Trae. Also, our record and defensive numbers have improved without Trae. Not saying Trae's absence has been a scathing indictment, but has it been the validation many were expecting? No it absolutely not has. 

It's a small sample size, but is the rest of the team really better without Trae?  The offensive rating with Trae was 121.  Without Trae, it's 112.  That's a significant decrease in offensive efficiency.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It's a small sample size, but is the rest of the team really better without Trae?  The offensive rating with Trae was 121.  Without Trae, it's 112.  That's a significant decrease in offensive efficiency.  

If you care more about offensive rating than winning games, Trae is your guy. 

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If you care more about offensive rating than winning games, Trae is your guy. 

No.  I actually recognize the greatness of Trae Young and his effect on not only creating offense for himself but for others as well.  I don't dislike him just because I don't like the way he looks.