Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bulls

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If you care more about offensive rating than winning games, Trae is your guy. 

If you care more about winning, Trae may be you guy too.

You have to answer the question of WHY they are winning games before you can assert that the team is better without Trae. 

It's an oversimplification (and just false) to just say the team wins more without Trae. 

The W/L record is one component but doesn't tell the whole story. I could say the team wins more when they play G League rosters but that doesn't tell the whole story either. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

If you care more about winning, Trae may be you guy too.

You have to answer the question of WHY they are winning games before you can assert that the team is better without Trae. 

It's an oversimplification (and just false) to just say the team wins more without Trae. 

The W/L record is one component but doesn't tell the whole story. I could say the team wins more when they play G League rosters but that doesn't tell the whole story either. 

Strange argument...The team is literally winning with g-league players in the line up every night now but the 1 common denominator is not the key factor?

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Strange argument...The team is literally winning with g-league players in the line up every night now but the 1 common denominator is not the key factor?

What’s the one common denominator Peo?

Trae? OO? Bey? Vit? CC’s improved play? Refs calling games differently now? Team adapting to Quin’s system? 

Seems there are a number of factors that could be contributing to me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The Hawks record by month:

October 2-2

November 7-7

December 4-10

January 7-8

February 6-6

March 8-7

April 1-0

Its not surprising to me that the same fans who felt Al Horford wasn’t a real center are the same ones foolishly thinking the team is better off without Trae Young.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Interesting to hear them speak of the Hawks as this year's Miami.  @benhillboy, did you spin over in your grave when they said that? 

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Its not surprising to me that the same fans who felt Al Horford wasn’t a real center are the same ones foolishly thinking the team is better off without Trae Young.

Who?  Tito?

🤓

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Trae? OO? Bey? Vit? CC’s improved play? Refs calling games differently now? Team adapting to Quin’s system? 

This is 100% accurate. There's a half dozen things (at minimum) that are different over the last month than earlier in the season. 

But certain posters don't want to hear any of that.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

October 2-2

November 7-7

December 4-10

January 7-8

February 6-6

March 8-7

April 1-0

But, in all seriousness, when faced with those actual results the next goal post they'll move is how it "looks so much better". 

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, KB21 said:

October 2-2

November 7-7

December 4-10

January 7-8

February 6-6

March 8-7

April 1-0

All this says to me is that we really didn’t have an answer for when Jalen went down early in the season. And by we I mean the coaches all the way down. This team is still solidly mid otherwise.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

All this says to me is that we really didn’t have an answer for when Jalen went down early in the season. And by we I mean the coaches all the way down. This team is still solidly mid otherwise.

Jalen and Deandre.  Hard to overcome that when you only rostered three forwards.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

Murray starting at point without Trae as his running mate

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, terrell said:

Yeah honestly I think it has alot more to do with OO and Bey being out than Trae being out...

We all know how good Trae is at passing and shot making, but he needs to be more mobile and less ball dominant IMO.. 

(( gasp!! )) . . . someone finally said it.

The people that everyone is praising, plays the same positions as OO and Bey.

4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

The G-Leaguers are playing in the frontcourt.   So who is not playing in the frontcourt?

Hmmmm

• Like 1

The lineup of Trae, Bogi, Bey, Jalen, and OO is +15 on the year.  In fact, our best three man combo is Bey, Jalen, and OO.  

That lineup fits from a skill standpoint.  Trae is the penultimate initiating guard in the NBA.  Bogi and Bey are floor spacing wings.  Jalen is a budding star as a power wing.  OO is one of the better switchable bigs in basketball.  

11 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

also a Team defense rating of 116.9 vs 121.9 helps as well while the offensive rating doesn't suffer as much 117.5 vs 120

Net rating with Young -2 vs +.6 without

So no Bey in the lineup helps with that defensive rating. He was terrible at close outs.

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So no Bey in the lineup helps with that defensive rating. He was terrible at close outs.

9 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

(( gasp!! )) . . . someone finally said it.

The people that everyone is praising, plays the same positions as OO and Bey.

I think most forget how truly AWFUL Bey was on defense and even more AWFUL shooting from 3 once he moved into a starting role one JJ then Hunter were unavailable.

The Hawks record by month and Bey's 3 point percentages:

October 2-2 / 50%

November 7-7 / 35.8%

December 4-10 / 31.9%

January 7-8 / 23.1%

February 6-6 / 38.3%

March 8-7 / 26.5%

• Like 2

• Premium Member

This is interesting...1st posters were calling for Dre to come off the bench behind Bey all season long because BEY was the better option at small forward.  They were also calling for OO to start and to trade Capela.  Now they are back tracking and saying Dre makes the team better when he starts and the main reason the team is doing better is because Bey and OO are injured. 

I just can't keep up!  😵‍💫

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1