• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Hawks at Pistons

lethalweapon3

Good win...I honestly thought this was the best I've ever seen Teague and Dennis on the court at the same time. They didn't look as confused to me as they usually do when out on the floor at the same time but of course thats just my opinion. Anyways yeah they meshed well atleast tonight. Bud seem to put them out there along with Horford and Humphries every time they were out on the floor and that combination seems to work pretty well.

As always defense was good tonight and great at certain points in the game. Got to think if Thabo had played its a possibility Detroit would have had only 89 points to finish the game instead of 95.

Gotta agree with Jeff on this one as I said above the two point guard attack worked well tonight.......

“It’s fun, man. First time in a long time. I think it worked well tonight. We had a lot of momentum and played faster. Hopefully, we can use in the future.” – Jeff Teague on two point-guard look

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JTB said:

Good win...I honestly thought this was the best I've ever seen Teague and Dennis on the court at the same time. They didn't look as confused to me as they usually do when out on the floor at the same time but of course thats just my opinion. Anyways yeah they meshed well atleast tonight. Bud seem to put them out there along with Horford and Humphries every time they were out on the floor and that combination seems to work pretty well.

As always defense was good tonight and great at certain points in the game. Got to think if Thabo had played its a possibility Detroit would have had only 89 points to finish the game instead of 95.

Gotta agree with Jeff on this one as I said above the two point guard attack worked well tonight.......

“It’s fun, man. First time in a long time. I think it worked well tonight. We had a lot of momentum and played faster. Hopefully, we can use in the future.” – Jeff Teague on two point-guard look

The key to this lineup IMO is Schro and Teague both being able to hit outside shots. The problem is that they are both so inconsistent shooting from outside that it's one in a blue moon when they both are able to drill those shots in the same game. 

5 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Postgame Bud noted that Thabo had "a tiny bit of stiffness" (paging @Dejay) but although he's confident Thabo could have played, he elected to have him rest on the second night of a b2b.

~lw3

Lol. I would've been all over that one...sip...

• Like 1

Al and Paul are locked in.

Hump never ceases to impress. Dude pulled the chair causing a turnover, grabbed an offensive rebound out of his area, reset the offense, and followed a missed layup with a tip-in within a 20 second span.  

Timmy was clearly forcing it with his Pops on the sideline.  He'll atone versus Chicago.

As much as Jeff got his teammates involved you'd think the team would remember him while boarding the team bus for the airport.  Maybe Bud didn't approve of his dining choice: http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/3/27/11312132/the-atlanta-hawks-forgot-about-jeff-teague-and-left-him-at-detroits

Let's Go.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

The key to this lineup IMO is Schro and Teague both being able to hit outside shots. The problem is that they are both so inconsistent shooting from outside that it's one in a blue moon when they both are able to drill those shots in the same game. 

Exactly!  So let's not go down this road again...Play Scott @ the 3 please if  needed!  Its gives us a clear rebounding advantage.

57 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

High praises from Mr. Van Gundy

This is why I've stopped caring about media attention.  The post game reactions from opposing players and coaches over Bud's tenure tell the story much better.

This is where Bud has to turn into Pop and maintain the Air Force-like drilling of the habits they're building at this point in time.  Shooting (Kyle) comes and goes, defensive intensity and teamwork shouldn't and can't for a team with aspirations of doing something Great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phoostal said:

Another tidbit from the game, this was our last back to back of the year.   Which is good news. 

Yup...I believe 8 games in 18 days to finish. We should be well rested yet still be able to keep our chemistry strong.

3 hours ago, SalvorMallow said:

High praises from Mr. Van Gundy

Stay humble, stay hungry! Nothing is accomplished until we are hoisting that Larry O'Brien trophy in June.