• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who's the "Go to guy" in this team?

Spursfanpeacemaker

I noticed everytime Hawks are in close game situations, it seems like no one knows or sure who's  going to take the last shot. When my Spurs are in similar situation, it's always Kawhi having the ball to take the last shot. When i watched the hawks vs cavs last night, it seems like everyone afraid to take the last shot or dont want to get embarrased  or blamed for missing the shot..  I really think it should really have been Teague taking the last shot, and taking the role as go to guy, he's the best player in the team in my opinion, but last night at the end of OT, i saw him hesitated and just passed the ball to Horford,  He almost made that shot though. Who do you think should be the "go to guy"in this team?

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

With as much as people, even I have criticized Horford, he's better than Teague. Teague is the best scorer but third most important player on the team.

I can't tell you the answer to this question, but I can tell you that despite the loss we saw a preview of what really needs to happen in the playoffs but probably won't. It's Teague and Millsap being ready and willing to be aggressive. It's more likely they'll be worried about spreading it out.

5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We have a system, not a go to guy.  

Can the system create a shot for ( insert Hawk Player's name here ), with less than 7 seconds on the clock?

i know hawks have a system, but when it comes to close game situation, 4 secs left without timeout, who's gonna take the last shot?

They don't have one and nobody WANTS it. Everyone's content to be one of...not good enough.

Even if we don't have a SUPERSTAR there still has to be a LEADER willing and WANTING to take that shot. 

The execution on last second plays have been piss poor. Too many times we don't even get a shot off before the buzzer.

When Dennis was in the game in clutch situations he looked like he'd be the only one not shitting his pants. 

Dennis wants to be great. He isn't there right now, but he seems to be the only one who really wants the hot potatoe. 

But when he does so he is called a selfish ballhog....

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, rd79 said:

When Dennis was in the game in clutch situations he looked like he'd be the only one not shitting his pants. 

Dennis wants to be great. He isn't there right now, but he seems to be the only one who really wants the hot potatoe. 

But when he does so he is called a selfish ballhog....

In the next year or two it could be Dennis, but your Dennis homerism is taking over when you list him as our go to guy when he's not even a starter yet.

Again, don't misinterpret what I'm saying. I actually think Dennis might be "that" guy in a year, but as of today, in my opinion it's most likely:

Teague

Horford

SAP

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

In the next year or two it could be Dennis, but your Dennis homerism is taking over when you list him as our go to guy when he's not even a starter yet.

Again, don't misinterpret what I'm saying. I actually think Dennis might be "that" guy in a year, but as of today, in my opinion it's most likely:

Teague

Horford

SAP

I didn't say he is the go to guy. I only wrote he seems to be the only one not shitting his pants. 

Teague had a great 2nd half vs Cavs but was still afraid to make somethimg happen himself at the end....

3 minutes ago, rd79 said:

I didn't say he is the go to guy. I only wrote he seems to be the only one not shitting his pants. 

Teague had a great 2nd half vs Cavs but was still afraid to make somethimg happen himself at the end....

Well the title of the thread is "who's the go to guy IN (not on for some odd reason) this team so naturally I thought you were hinting at Dennis. Again, Dennis is most likely going to be a huge part of our future, but he can't take the last shot just yet. 

7 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Well the title of the thread is "who's the go to guy IN (not on for some odd reason) this team so naturally I thought you were hinting at Dennis. Again, Dennis is most likely going to be a huge part of our future, but he can't take the last shot just yet. 

I thought it's obvious Hawks don't have a go to guy. So I shared some additional thoughts. But I gave a clear answer to the topic above.

17 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

Nobody yet. If Dennis ever develops a shot it could be him.

I think THJr has most potential though if he becomes a starter.

And the reason why, is that THJ ( and Bazemore ) are the ONLY guards/wings on the team that can take a traditional looking jumper in isolation over their defender.  And they're really not anywhere close to doing that with efficiency.

Teague and Dennis can't shoot over people and need space.  Kyle and Thabo need space because they can't create off the dribble.

Honestly, our best play may be to go with Horford on a pick and pop, and live with a 18 - 24 foot jumper from him.  Do like how Bibby and Webber used to do in Sacramento.  At least with that, Teague may get enough space to make a midrange jumper or Horford to get an open 18 - 24 ft jumper.

• Like 1