• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who's the "Go to guy" in this team?

Spursfanpeacemaker

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Has Teague ever hit a game winner ?

I think he hit one in a Cleveland regular season game, but I can't think of any others and obviously not enough to stand out.

The only game winner I can think of since Joe left is Al's putback against Washington and that was a point blank drop in - albeit after a horrible Schröder attempt at a layup.

2 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I think he hit one in a Cleveland regular season game, but I can't think of any others and obviously not enough to stand out.

The only game winner I can think of since Joe left is Al's putback against Washington and that was a point blank drop in - albeit after a horrible Schröder attempt at a layup.

It's sad isn't it...smh.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

Al hit a game winner at home (I think there were about 3 seconds left after he shot) against the Mavericks in the 13/14 season. That is all I can think of after the two you mentioned.

I googled "Paul Millsap game winner" to see if he had any success in Utah and found a video of him missing a wide open layup to win the game. I guess it has been an issue for him for awhile too..

• Like 2

On April 3, 2016 at 8:14 PM, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

When my Spurs are in similar situation, it's always Kawhi having the ball to take the last shot.

They've actually only been in 2 games decided by 2 points or less, both wins of course. I don't think Pop even likes those high/pressure situations anymore.   He knows there are just gonna be those nights and  ingeniously conceded the few losses they have early in the contest to develop Kyle, John, and Boban.  He's also a maniac, clearly taking his frustrations out on his guys and the opposing team after a loss.  Some of those scores are hurtful.

If It's 9 seconds or less it SHOULD be Teague driving to the lane.

If there's time to run a decent play it should be a PnR with Millsap, but Millsap has failed too many times.

They just always seem to outthink themselves and get tight sphincters.

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If It's 9 seconds or less it SHOULD be Teague driving to the lane.

If there's time to run a decent play it should be a PnR with Millsap, but Millsap has failed too many times.

They just always seem to outthink themselves and get tight sphincters.

Omg I'm dying laughing...ur on fire today lol...

4 hours ago, cam1218 said:

I googled "Paul Millsap game winner" to see if he had any success in Utah and found a video of him missing a wide open layup to win the game. I guess it has been an issue for him for awhile too..

Man, that's sad right there.  Tells you it's all mental with him.  Either you have it or you don't and Paul just gets a "tight sphincter" in the words of @JayBirdHawk.....

51524166.jpg

• Like 2

Al  Is the most clutch despite of the Cavs game, but can't really create his own shot. Teague really can't get him the ball either. Pick and pop with Al and Teague is the best answer, but Teague is susceptible to the hard trap becsuse he still doesn't anticipate well.  By the way why did they post  Al at the end of the game  when he hadn't posted all night? Bud baffles  me in end of game situations. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

Al  Is the most clutch despite of the Cavs game, but can't really create his own shot. Teague really can't get him the ball either. Pick and pop with Al and Teague is the best answer, but Teague is susceptible to the hard trap becsuse he still doesn't anticipate well.  By the way why did they post  Al at the end of the game  when he hadn't posted all night? Bud baffles  me in end of game situations. 

Can't say this enough - he thinks too much.  His thought process in certain situation is just too slow for him to make a quick adjustment depending on the defense.

14 minutes ago, rd79 said:

Everbody would like to have LeBron for last shots? Take this:

And look who's #1.

That's why I hated that dude, although he did play above expectations here in Atlanta for about 1.5 seasons.

But yeah, Lebron isn't the clutchest dude in the world. I bet he's gotten about 20 trips to the FT line during that time period.  I'll never forget that BS call he got in Atlanta during the 2009 season.  Al didn't even touch that dude, and still got the foul call.