• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Kings at Hawks

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

Thoughts on the game overall is that it was a bit sloppy with just about everyone missing layups and open shots.  Probably had something to do with the constant fouls.

Have to admit if they called all the fouls in that game it would have gone on for five or six hours. Kings are always undisciplined but that was hack city.

50 minutes ago, kurupt said:

Also, on this team, not one player takes shit from the opponent. They are all poised (but not overly aggresive/emotional).

Horford and Teague would have been punked by the Kings a bit in a game like this, I think. These Hawks can play just as physical and take everything in stride.

I will say that Humphries totally sold the refs on that 5th foul on Cousins.  Yes, it was a bit of a physical play but not enough to call a foul IMO.  But hey, whatever works.

19 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

I think its on page 2 or 3. I have seen the "miserable ones" comment a few times

I wouldn't worry about it.  Not sure how long you've been around but that "miserable ones" moniker dates back to the Ferry days when folks (like me) were critical of his moves.

18 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

I will say that Humphries totally sold the refs on that 5th foul on Cousins.  Yes, it was a bit of a physical play but not enough to call a foul IMO.  But hey, whatever works.

I don't know, it looked like a foul to me, but either way it was a dumb move from Cousins. Why do that when you have 4 fouls and you know the refs are watching you closely after your outbursts? It kind of seemed like he just wanted to call it quits. 

41 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

D8 and D17 are still learning to play together.  I saw the missed passes to D8 but I also saw D8 looking a bit lost on offense every now and then.  There's also less pick-and-roll action than I would expect.  This should all improve as the season progresses.

Thoughts on the game overall is that it was a bit sloppy with just about everyone missing layups and open shots.  Probably had something to do with the constant fouls.

Yea it got hard to watch at one point with all the fouling. It really made the game drag

I want to see how they do against a good team.  The teams we have played so far are not good teams to me and I know at least 2 of them miss the playoffs. I can see the Wiz missing  the playoffs too

Cant turn the ball over like we have against the good teams. The shot selection by  a few guys needs to get better too

33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I wouldn't worry about it.  Not sure how long you've been around but that "miserable ones" moniker dates back to the Ferry days when folks (like me) were critical of his moves.

Oh ok I didn't know that. Thanks for the info

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Thomas said:

I know this is beating a dead horse but Dwight's free throws are not one smooth motion. He stops once he pulls the ball up for too long. Believe its called a hitch. Anyway he still put a ton of pressure on the Kings and Bob Rathbun made the comment the Kings were running out of lead keeping up with the foul count. Clever. 

That was because David Joerger said it to the refs :)

Holy hell, Rudy Gay was a FORCE last night.  Watch this play for a summary if you didn't catch the game

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, Sothron said:

You can see the difference Dwight is making. 18/11 and 4 blocks? Yes please! He is the main reason we got so many free throws. We put teams in constant foul trouble with him on the court. It is a night and day difference from soft as Charmin Whoreford out there.

No more Whoreford sitting on the three point line with his hands out.   No more Whoreford getting rebounding numbers that look like a binary code.  Welcome Home D8!!

• Like 4

imo dennis didn´t play that bad as y´all say. He played awesome defense as usual. 1 to is also ok. He missed a few shots but he came in in the 4th and helped us a lot with his quickness and his hustle d. looking forward to wednesday! 4-0 or 5-0 incoming? :D :D 

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

That was because David Joerger said it to the refs :)

Holy hell, Rudy Gay was a FORCE last night.  Watch this play for a summary if you didn't catch the game

I checked ESPN today and this video was the only mention of the Hawks game with the headline something like "Rudy Gay dunks and embarrasses defender".   I sure they originally had it as Paul Millsap but ESPNautocorrect changed it to defender.   

vor 35 Minuten, Diesel sagte:

No more Whoreford sitting on the three point line with his hands out.   No more Whoreford getting rebounding numbers that look like a binary code.  Welcome Home D8!!

vor 37 Minuten, Diesel sagte:

You can see the difference Dwight is making. 18/11 and 4 blocks? Yes please! He is the main reason we got so many free throws. We put teams in constant foul trouble with him on the court. It is a night and day difference from soft as Charmin Whoreford out there.

the second quote should be from sothron, but i find it a bit respectless yes they are different kind of players, but if Al would hit 40% Freethrows he also would get 20 shots since must fouls on dwight wasn't because he was so tough they was more like let him gives freethrows before he shots (or foul him hard if he shots the ball).

And yes they was both very different types of player, but Al was an important part of the success the last years and helped us with his way of playing the game.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes.

I swear the way Thabo is playing, I feel as though Bud made him take a math class over the summer. The angles that he works with on drives, shots and passes it some geometrical $hit going on.

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

This point can not be under stated. Even over the course of their careers. Dwight Howard for as bad of a shooter he is still makes twice as many fts than  Al ATTEMPTS because he doesn't even go to the line to begin with. 

Career

Dwight 5 FT makes on 8.9 FTAs per game 

Al 1.9 Makes on only 2.5 Attempts per game.

Think about that for a second. Thats a huge impact on the game

That's interesting.  Never thought about it like that at all.

I just hate missed freethrows, drives me nuts.  I guess I'll have to get used to it.

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

I swear the way Thabo is playing, I feel as though Bud made him take a math class over the summer. The angles that he works with on drives, shots and passes it some geometrical $hit going on.

Thabo has been my fave so far in this young season.  

He's making EVERY right read on defense AND on offense.

Kinda nice that with all the out of sync offense so far ninety percent of us are very positive so early. Think our defensive minded coach is feeling quite positive himself with the experiment right now. We really are going to be quite good by midseason on both ends of the court. See you in the playoffs Cavs.  

My dad always told me at an early age, don't ever get too high in life and don't ever get too low. Good advice, specially in the NBA scenario of 82 games. I love what we have done for sure, but honestly, we played 3 crappy teams. Don't get me wrong, I love being 3-0, at the same time, I can't help but think how we will play the Cavs. But let's take it one game at a time and handle the Lakers on Wednesday.