• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Amnesty Bazemore

bleachkit

I really think we should strongly consider using the amnesty clause on Bazemore before the new CBA is signed. His 20 million a year will really hinder our financial flexibility. And honestly if we just need a guy to play defense and hit a few shots occasionally, Taurean Prince could do that at a fraction of the price. I would rather Prince get those minutes anyways.

Edited by bleachkit

Just now, bleachkit said:

I really think we should strongly consider using the amnesty clause on Bazemore before the new CBA is signed. His 20 million a year will really hinder our financial flexibility. And honestly if we just need a guy to play defense and hit a few shots occasionally, Taurean Prince could that at a fraction of the price. I would rather Prince get those minutes anyways.

His contract is like 15.4 per and his contract is fair for a starter and even a 6th man in the new cap. My issue is with him starting. He deserves minutes. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Sure it has just been 5 games, but he has been 2-30 for those 5 games (6% from 3 WOW).

And to be honest Squawkers, looking at his numbers, he hasn't found his jumper since January (10 months)

I don't think he's a SF in the NBA. I think he's better at SG.

• Premium Member

Bazemore is playing out of position. He's a natural 2 and should start there. His shooting is flat out killing us. It is funny that people want to jump all over Dennis and Dwight but somehow the guy most blatantly stinking up the joint so far is getting a free pass. I like Kent and I'm sure he'll turn it around but it is more than fair to call his play out so far.

• Like 1

Hustle and a developing shot have been his calling card in the past. Guarding smaller guys worked out as well but he still has no handle on the ball right now and without his shot dropping its really ugly stuff. He's working through a bunch of frustration right now but hurting your team late in a game with a technical definitely won't help the cause. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I really think we should strongly consider using the amnesty clause on Bazemore before the new CBA is signed. His 20 million a year will really hinder our financial flexibility. And honestly if we just need a guy to play defense and hit a few shots occasionally, Taurean Prince could do that at a fraction of the price. I would rather Prince get those minutes anyways.

We CANNOT -  under this current CBA or new upcoming CBA.

16 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Caught in a time warp, eh?

• Like 1

On 11/6/2016 at 1:00 AM, Hotlanta1981 said:

You're not winning anything in the playoffs with a 35 year old Korver and Baze starting.

even with a 23 year old Korver. He's never been an effective player in the playoffs. I'm my eyes this team isn't serious about contending until they stop using him as a key piece, because it's a recipe for disaster