• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pelicans at Hawks

lethalweapon3

About the only complaints I had with Bud last year were some late game decisions on his rotation such as pulling a hot shooter to put a starter back in and then some obvious stubbornness which could be called loyalty in some cases. Won't go into the obvious stubborn one right now because I think we have at least two threads on it going. Seems to have the same MO so far but its very early. Still hard for a cat to change its stripes I do believe.   

9 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

Made the mistake of letting my buddy get the tickets for this one and wound up paying a pretty hefty price to sit in the 200's waaaay back up under the overhang, where it coincidentally smelled like someone threw up moments before we arrived. When we got to our seats late in the first quarter, the Hawks were already down 20-something. Shortly after that, at the start of the second, we witnessed the Hawks go on a run of the bad kind: three turnovers in a row. We were sharing confused and concerned looks by this point, especially since Davis was nowhere to be seen and Hawks were getting destroyed. Old man behind me tried to start something with me since I was standing up dealing with two guys who thought we were in their seats (but turned out they were in a different section). Old man was rude as f$&k anyway. Asshat. My buddy got ripped off on his bag of popcorn. Concession didn't have the beer I normally get for my lucky third quarter beer break. Hawks were playing some of the worst basketball I have ever seen in person AND had the misfortune of actually paying for. And to top it all off, an extra shake or two of the guy next to me in the bathroom led to some dribbles landing on my shoe. 

There was some of that baaaad New Orleans voodoo juju with this one, folks. I should've stayed home. Bad all around.

Sounds like the screenplay from a dark comedy. 

vor 5 Stunden, QuantumHawkz sagte:

They can't go around him, so they go through him. DS17 needs to hit the weights.

Everyone on the Pelicans set really good picks, specially Cunningham. I dont know how we cant. All these D-league players on the Pells seem to be eager to put in yeoman's work though. But yeah, Dennis whas beat fair and square misjudging fakes on some occassions as well. But the majority they just outeamed us, with things like those picks.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 2

Missed the game and the chat.  I have it on DVR but I think I'll pass on watching it.  Just from the box score....

giphy.gif

Chat must have been 'off the hook' - like old times getting blown out.  Some games you just gotta dump the reel.

3 straight losses in miserable fashion and we are still 2nd in the East.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He has his flaws but he can't fix horrible shooting from his teammates.  Too many O-fers.

We need better wings, Horford is not here to save these scrubs anymore. Y'all Howard fans who were saying Dwight is clearly better is sadly mistaken. More talented, yes but Al does a lot of little things that no one on this roster can do. This team is in need of a legit star. Maybe Prince can develop into that but Prince needs to start right now.

• Premium Member

Not often I get to see a game for free over here in TX, but last night Fox NO had the game... echoing what others have said, regrettably so.

I'll say this, and put this one to bed.... hopefully Bud took from that game what I took from it, which is that Prince is ready to be getting some regular minutes every night.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

The team has to learn how to feed a post player. Dwight should be averaging around mid 20's in points with how many open looks he's had or great down low position he fights for but the ball never gets to him. That whole vibe of "Dwight is a cancer" is simply not true. If he was anything like that then he'd already be out in the media demanding more touches. The fact he's kept quiet about this speaks volumes of where his head is at.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Sarcatic1 said:

and for a guy (Dennis)  that is supposed to be so much better defensively, guards are having no trouble beating him off the dribble or just out muscling him. There were times tonight were he didn't attempt to move his feat and Frazier just blew by him

Can we trade for Frazier?

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Missed the game and the chat.  I have it on DVR but I think I'll pass on watching it.  Just from the box score....

giphy.gif

Chat must have been 'off the hook' - like old times getting blown out.  Some games you just gotta dump the reel.

3 straight losses in miserable fashion and we are still 2nd in the East.

Same here. I might watch it because apparently Prince played well and I enjoy seeing that. But we do have Teague and Indy tonight so I might just watch it after my Lions destroy the Vikings tomorrow. 

Teague is licking his chops tonight. Specially after getting killed at home by the Warriors last outing.

Time for us to see if we made the right decision with Dennis over Teague. I think Dennis balls out tonight.

• Moderators

Motivated Teague can be scary.    I know i'm the only one who believes in Indy but our loses this year haven't been to defensive juggernauts, they've been to teams with better individual offensive talent than us.   So we might have a problem tonight.   (hopefully this is enough to jinx it.)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Motivated Teague can be scary.    I know i'm the only one who believes in Indy but our loses this year haven't been to defensive juggernauts, they've been to teams with better individual offensive talent than us.   So we might have a problem tonight.   (hopefully this is enough to jinx it.)

I agree but I also think an overzealous Teague equates to a nice loss for the Pacers. Hawks will get it back tonight. For the record though, I also predicted Indy to be good and to be better than Boston.

3 hours ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Huh

Jeff did nothing but praise coach Bud. He talked about how great he was for his career and how Bud trusted him

He gave the fans a lot of love too. Saying how they supported him since the day he was drafted and saying how great they were

Other than the knee injury tweet, Jeff said nothing but good things about the team and fans

''A lot of people can play with the ball and create opportunities for others. In Atlanta, we had a lot of really good players but a lot of those guys were system players,'' Teague said. ''Here, we've got a lot of people who can create for others and that makes my job a lot easier.''

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

''A lot of people can play with the ball and create opportunities for others. In Atlanta, we had a lot of really good players but a lot of those guys were system players,'' Teague said. ''Here, we've got a lot of people who can create for others and that makes my job a lot easier.''

I can't imagine anyone disagreeing with that statement.   

• Like 4