• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Spurs "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

8 hours ago, High5 said:

I'm still not pumped about our postseason prospects

To be honest I'm thinking we're built better for the rough and tumble post season than we are the eighty two game regular season. Keeping the older cats injury free and somehow keep those minutes down when we hit the last two or three weeks will be key though. That Spur's model of resting players does seem to work. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ok I witnessed THJ being red hot but I didn't notice that he was 11-13 from the floor including 6-7 from downtown.....wow....and for good measure he threw in 5 boards and an assist with a Hawk high +/- 14 efficiency. GO Timmy!!!!

Sounds like stats from a player that would have to be injury free or at least very close to it. A view from this past week made it look like he wouldn't be one hundred percent quite yet. Indeed a great stat line.

13 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

He is. He's always on the sidelines and shooting during commercial breaks and pre-game. He's literally at every game I've been to and can shoot the three ball pretty well. Better than Baze.

He looks like a lil pimp I like that kid...I thought it was @kg01 at first but then I remembered the gimpster being a bit shorter...like Teague showin lil Isaiah Thomas how short shorty is...

• Moderators
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'm just in to @mention @AHF to make sure he read your post.

Also, we have a tie for last night's Official D.I.C. (drunk-in-chat) award. @f_town and @SalvorMallow

Congrats guys you .... wait, what're they ... um, guys ... guys we're standing right here .... ah, close the door.  Let 'em finish.  Ew.  Take that futon home, it's yours now.

I already praised him and Bud for going with him (as the hot hand) and now you gotta make me bring perspective?  Damn you @kg01!!  Can't I just enjoy a magical game like this?

After shooting 11-13 from the field (84.6%) and 6-7 from 3pt range (85.7%) in an explosion of beauty and pivotal clutch play, THJr's last 10 games now look like this (excluding his 1 minute appearance):

39.1% FG%

34.6% 3pt%

72.7% FT%

Those numbers may put Bazemore to shame but that isn't shaming any quality SGs in the league.  Here is hoping last night was the start of a hot streak, but THJr remains very inconsistent on the offensive end of the floor:

FG% by month 43.3% (Oct), 47.8% (Nov), 36.2% (Dec)

3pt% by month 28.6% (Oct), 32.9% (Nov), 26.3% (Dec)

Timmy can go on extended hot and cold streaks so I am hoping we just witnessed the end of a cold streak and the beginning of a hot one.  We need it badly.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I already praised him and Bud for going with him (as the hot hand) and now you gotta make me bring perspective?  Damn you @kg01!!  Can't I just enjoy a magical game like this?

After shooting 11-13 from the field (84.6%) and 6-7 from 3pt range (85.7%) in an explosion of beauty and pivotal clutch play, THJr's last 10 games now look like this (excluding his 1 minute appearance):

39.1% FG%

34.6% 3pt%

72.7% FT%

Those numbers may put Bazemore to shame but that isn't shaming any quality SGs in the league.  Here is hoping last night was the start of a hot streak, but THJr remains very inconsistent on the offensive end of the floor:

FG% by month 43.3% (Oct), 47.8% (Nov), 36.2% (Dec)

3pt% by month 28.6% (Oct), 32.9% (Nov), 26.3% (Dec)

Timmy can go on extended hot and cold streaks so I am hoping we just witnessed the end of a cold streak and the beginning of a hot one.  We need it badly.

dcln

When THJr nailed that shot, you sunk deep into your la-z-boy 'cause you knew we were gonna call you out.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

dcln

When THJr nailed that shot, you sunk deep into your la-z-boy 'cause you knew we were gonna call you out.

Short version - last night's beautiful explosion raised his 3pt% to 32.4%.  Frankly, though, I hope you guys get to enjoy calling me out a lot more.  I just want us to win whether it is beating the Knicks with Hardaway going 0-7 from the floor, beating the Pistons going 2-8, or beating the Spurs going 11-13.  All I know is this team has a pile of subpar wings and THJr becoming a consistent positive would be great and I will rejoice at him taking Baze's minutes with the way Bazemore has played this year.

• Like 4

Certainly shows what Tim is capable of, an absolutely great game, but as everyone says lets enjoy some consistency from you now Tim, more of that performance or anything close to it please. 

13 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

I take back everything bad I've ever said about Timmy. Dude made big strides in his redemption tonight. Absolutely killed it.

Baze on the other hand ... shyte. Dude can't even get a decent percentage of his free throws.

Bazemore's main concern is getting that pathetic Baze Gaze on film every night.  I'd pay to not have to see that mess.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Bankingitbig said:

Supposedly this is Coach Bud's kid. Not sure if 100% accurate, but that's what a lot of reputable people on twitter were saying.

Yeah.. that made me laugh when I watched it last night. 

We finally beat the Full Metal Jacket Spurs and I didnt get to see the game (grabs pistol, pulls slide, raises toward head). 

I wish Elias Sports were available to commonfolk. The Hawks aren't important enough to the national media to dive into the stats but I'm sure this season has been one-of-a-kind when you combine the hot start, the awful stretch that followed, and the winning percentages of the teams we've beaten.  Bud is going on this unpredictable roller coaster just like we are.

Anyway shout out to Kawhi for the worst miss of his basketball career.  How we won with only 6 and 7 from Dwight I'll never know.  But Leggo.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Great win.  I'll take it.   Agree that Tim's 3 point explosion doesn't necessarily mean he's arrived.  We need him starting and going to the basket.   Agree with D that we inexplicably quit giving the ball to Sap and Tim when they were red hot.   Feel fortunate that Spurs missed some shots.   Still big win.  Seems like Dwight could have abused Pau inside but I'm not the coach or coach's son.  

How about that ultimate flop by Pau?   He should be embarrassed.   Hump should have been inserted for a knock down foul for that crap.  I miss old school bball.   

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Great win.  I'll take it.   Agree that Tim's 3 point explosion doesn't necessarily mean he's arrived.  We need him starting and going to the basket.   Agree with D that we inexplicably quit giving the ball to Sap and Tim when they were red hot.   Feel fortunate that Spurs missed some shots.   Still big win.  Seems like Dwight could have abused Pau inside but I'm not the coach or coach's son.  

How about that ultimate flop by Pau?   He should be embarrassed.   Hump should have been inserted for a knock down foul for that crap.  I miss old school bball.   

No no Gasol didn't flop on that one? Are you talking about when they were running back on D? I saw that again yesterday and Dwight shouldered him right on the chin. He hit so hard it looked like that fat guy catching a ball in his stomach in Chicago. Lol.