Official Game Thread: Mavericks "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

7 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Keeping the youth movement in a positive direction, the team also moved their intractable center Andrew Bogut, and the disappointing second-year pro Justin Anderson, in a deal with Philadelphia for the formerly sandbagged Nerlens Noel. Noel’s exploits with compiling steals and blocks in games had disappeared, once the 76ers turned the pivot over to Joel Embiid.

Another take on Philly just being fracking cursed. Embiid is done for the year, Noel has been traded and so it goes in Sixerland. Same as it ever was. 

• Like 1

Dwight was dominating in the 1st half.

Welcome to the Hawks Ilyasova - had quite a game, 1 missed shot, took a charge - nice very nice.

Dennis with the final block, mire impressive than the actual block was that he didn't bite on the pump fake.

Good Win!

1 down 5 to go (in this home stretch).

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

that Curry kid can shoot but man his 'beard' is an embarrassment 

You ever see the Jimmy Kimmel 'Mean Tweets' NBA segment? I am too lazy to find it, but they had Steph up there reading a mean tweet someone made about him that went something like : " Steph Curry is a good basketball player and all, but his facial hair is kinda pubey." I almost died laughing. Because it's true. I guess pubey facial hair runs in the family. (Mutombo on that clip was funny as hell too, saying that if Something ever happens to the guy who does the voice for Cookie Monster, at least we have a backup voice guy in Deke LOL)

im loving the addition of Ilyasova despite the air ball or two in his first game and also despite that according to Wikipedia there is a chance he is actually a dirty f!$@ing Uzbeki (sorry, Borat reference there for all you other immature mofos).

i hope that with him and Dunleavy (get well soon) and Timmy we can surround Dwight with shooters ala a (very) lite version of that old ORL team. We shall see.

good game tonight, but let's be real - it shouldn't have been a close contest at all, our guys let off the gas. Better step up yo game, Hawks!!!!

• Like 2

Believe that trade for Ersan at the deadline has officially earned us a win. Don't think we survive that game last night without him. A Hawk hitting all his three point shots is a rare event even when we had Kyle here.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Believe that trade for Ersan at the deadline has officially earned us a win. Don't think we survive that game last night without him. A Hawk hitting all his three point shots is a rare event even when we had Kyle here.

:Moose: "Shiiii, I coulda hit them threes too."

• Moderators

Ersan is a great move for us.   Not just because he can hit 3s.   He's just tougher and meaner than Moose or Hump.

I haven't watched the 2nd half yet so i'm guessing Yogi did well?  Maybe i was too hyped to see him but i thought he was pretty awful in the first half.   And Noel?  :ahf: