• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Wizards at Hawks: GAME 4

lethalweapon3

14 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

April 17, 1986. The last time the Hawks had 7 players in double digits in a playoff game and it was a victory vs the Pistons....until tonight. 

I almost can't believe that stat. Lol.

ps The guys that did it that night were:

Nique

Webb

Rollins

Rivers

Wittman

Willis

Koncak

That stat makes this a pretty historical game for us I guess.

• Like 1

Shout out to the Fans, y'all had Philips rocking.

Oh yeah, Jose. Oh yeah, Jose. He fired up the crowd. Did an awesome job filling in for Dennis.

Dennis is not afraid of the moment at all. 

This is the Dwight we need - to win his matchup against Gortat. His activity on defense and offense was on point.

Prince just gets it.

Millsap is playing grown man ball after getting punked in G1.

Thjr is still pressing, too many rushed shots. He's busting his tail on defense though.

Baze, Baze, Baze, Baze Baze - he played well for the most part, but you know what they say, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good - lol.

Moose with the stat-line-o-the-night: 8 minutes, 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0.

• Premium Member

Great game last night. It really looks like they are starting to realise what does it take to win a game like that. It takes a concerted effort, and they have done it in impressive fashion! Congrats to all the Hawks even the ones who were just cheering on the bench. And congrats to coach Bud for keeping it simple.

I'm really happy with what Prince is giving us in this series. Really, really happy.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wretch said:
  • No shower today (yikes!)
  • Same shorts
  • Didn't pick my hair out
  • No socks
  • Same spot on the couch
  • Same expectations
  • Waited until midway through the 1st to turn the game on
  • Did not turn the game off ONCE.
  • Hawks win!

@JayBirdHawk...You're welcome. :D

Thanks for the sacrifice @Wretch.

2 more to go.

• Moderators

Great game!  Anybody have a link to a replay?  Internet crashes on me so I missed most of the third quarter.  When Calderon, Baze and Dwight all play standout well it is worth watching the whole thing!  (Kind of like a solar eclipse).

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Hooray for Prince and Baze - maybe these guess get enough momentum to become pieces on the trade market - hate to lose these guys there good guys but we need Butler, if we keep Millsap and Howard.

I don't think so!

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Hooray for Prince and Baze - maybe these guess get enough momentum to become pieces on the trade market - hate to lose these guys there good guys but we need Butler, if we keep Millsap and Howard.

No way do I want us to give up Taurean without getting a Prince's ransom.  (Boo this man!)

Baze I'm good selling high.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MaceCase said:

No worries, I'm sure @Spud2Nique can spare one of his many cases of Axe body spray to cover up the funk while @Wretch does his duty.

This is eerie...I just got an axe Phoenix yesterday...Mace...honestly, im a lil scared now. I don't want to end up in your coat closet.

In the first game of the series, I said Paul needed to play better.  Yesterday, he didn't have a great first three quarters, but like a great player, he, along with Dennis, took over in the 4th.   In year's past, Paul shrunk in the playoffs, this year the guy is average 23,5 pts, 8.8 rbs, & 4.3 assists.  He's stepped up and I can hear that dump trunk full of money backing up to his house.  This is when you earn your contract!  If we somehow get to the ECF with him again, I say PAY THAT MAN! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Pretty sure Markieff skipped all his psychology classes at Kansas. Thats good for us.

I actually think he went to the classes....which is why he's like this. Lol. Honestly not a cheap shot towards shrinks of any kind..

17 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

This is eerie...I just got an axe Phoenix yesterday...Mace...honestly, im a lil scared now. I don't want to end up in your coat closet.

You gon' end up a coat in his closet.  Mace is sneakily a crazy mofo.  Something tells me he's uttered the phrase, "It puts the lotion in the basket." a time or two.  I'm scared for you, Spud2.

14 minutes ago, rd79 said:

So my avatar suggestions for you and the next playoff rounds are: Al, Kyle and Zaza

Nah, bruh.  Doesn't work with roleplayers. #ShotsFired@Alice

I have a feeling Hal Horford will be making a comeback tho.

10 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

April 17, 1986. The last time the Hawks had 7 players in double digits in a playoff game and it was a victory vs the Pistons....until tonight. 

I almost can't believe that stat. Lol.

ps The guys that did it that night were:

Nique

Webb

Rollins

Rivers

Wittman

Willis

Koncak

Honestly, it took us 31 years to get 7 players in double digits in a playoff game? I'm sorry I just can't seem to fathom this. Since Nique, we haven't had a superstar so you would think that the scoring is spread around a lot more.

I wonder how close we came to it though. I'm too lazy to look but I'm guessing those mid 90's teams with Deke, Smitty and Mookie might have came close a few times, maybe getting 6 guys in double figures and the 7th scoring 9 points or something like that. Either way, funky stat that shouldn't have lasted this long.

Although on the other hand, playoffs get tight and the stars are the ones that usually do all the scoring so maybe not a weird stat after all.

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hal Horford

Lmao hadn't heard that one before. Let's use it in a sentence....

Hal and his sister Anna annoy me greatly.

Hahaha good ole Hal's over at the local hardware store Barn!

Ok it works well, thanks!