• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Should we move Ersan or Belinelli for draft picks /young prospects

Wurider05

• Wurider05 changed the title to Should we move Ersan or Bellini for draft picks /young prospects

In Belli’s case by the advanced metrics he’s never been better, classic real estate buy low, fix-up, and sell high.  If he were a couple years younger I’d want to keep him for sure but you never know what role guys have in mind.  You always know they want to get paid.  On a contender his ideal role is 7th man.

Illy’s ideal role is 8th but as @nathan2331 stated he can fit seamlessly in a starting lineup of great talent.  He’s also playing the best ball of his career outside his mid-career peak.  Both these guys are very shrewd, team-oriented veterans and I’ve always been an advocate of having those type of vets to groom young studs.  In Belli’s case we don’t have a like-styled 2 but Illy helps Collins and Cav.  He’s a positioning and hands monster, 2 things they already are good at.

Tell you the truth if anyone is on the table I choose Prince.  Outside of a great shooting streak I just don’t see the potential as a good starter.  I look at a guy like Tatum with the same size and athleticism, yet light years ahead in terms of IQ and impact on winning.  His advanced numbers are dreadful (0.0000 offensive win shares, bruh?) yet he plays the most minutes.  You have to be a flat bum to shoot as well as he does from 3 and have that bad of 100 possession stats.

Edited by benhillboy

In Belli’s case by the advanced metrics he’s never been better, classic real estate buy low, fix-up, and sell high.  If he were a couple years younger I’d want to keep him for sure but you never know what role guys have in mind.  You always know they want to get paid.  On a contender his ideal role is 7th man.

Illy’s ideal role is 8th but as @nathan2331 stated he can fit seamlessly in a starting lineup of great talent.  He’s also playing the best ball of his career outside his mid-career peak.  Both these guys are very shrewd, team-oriented veterans and I’ve always been an advocate of having those type of vets to groom young studs.  In Belli’s case we don’t have a like-styled 2 but Illy helps Collins and Cav.  He’s a positioning and hands monster, 2 things they already are good at.

Tell you the truth if anyone is on the table I choose Prince.  Outside of a great shooting streak I just don’t see the potential as a good starter.  I look at a guy like Tatum with the same size and athleticism, yet light years ahead in terms of IQ and impact on winning.  His advanced numbers are dreadful (0.0000 offensive win shares, bruh?) yet he plays the most minutes.  You have to be a flat bum to shoot as well as he does from 3 and have that bad of 100 possession stats.

Prince won't go anywhere mostly because we don't have another wing with his size and defensive abilities (for better or worse). More of Prince's shots need to go to Collins. I'm not accusing him of being a ball hog or anything but he puts the ball on the floor a lot more than he should have to. He still needs to develop those skills.

A better SG who can at least create their own offense would help with that. Prince's offense at the moment should really stick to "things Demarre Carroll did" until he figures other things out in practice. And Collins should be much more than Deandre Jordan in our offense.

• Like 2

I'd love to sell high but I'm not sure what that really means for either of them. Giving them away for 2nd round picks doesn't seem worth it. Unless we can package those picks to move up and get another stud in the draft. 

Edited by High5

While I know it isn’t truly possible without a lot, a ton, a huge amount  of luck I’d love to see scenarios on how we make moves to get two top 5 draft picks for this upcoming draft...all while keeping Dennis, Prince, & Collins on the team to pair with the 2 new top draft picks.

......Please no “wishful thinking” comments ......lol let me dream dammit 

• Premium Member

I also don't want 2nd round picks for them. Firsts or nothing.

And for the record I'd trade anyone on this team for the right deal. The only real untouchable should be Collins. Dennis and Prince are probably the closest to that as well.

Disagree that it should be firsts or nothing.  If the second round pick was high enough I would consider.  Our Rockets pick is not much different than a high second rounder.  

You can find good players in the second round, and the two vets we have could expire and walk for nothing.

• Like 4

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Disagree that it should be firsts or nothing.  If the second round pick was high enough I would consider.  Our Rockets pick is not much different than a high second rounder.  

You can find good players in the second round, and the two vets we have could expire and walk for nothing.

Agreed.  Most will crap out so the overall odds are bad  but take your long-shots because there are always some Paul Millsap type picks in the second (guys who significiantly exceed their projections to outperform most of the first rounders).

• Like 3