• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: 76ers at Hawks -- The Season Finale!

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, hazer said:

Honestly, if healthy...

Menace/Fro

Gaze/My-Name-Is-Luka

Printz/Gaze

J-Bap/Ilyasovavichkovchev 

Dedmon Walking/Williams

...is a lower playoff team next year. Not my prediction, but maybe summa y’all ain’t so crazy after all.

It depends. We need to upgrade the bench even more 

• Like 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

It depends. We need to upgrade the bench even more 

Dorsey, Doncic, Taylor, Bembry, Ilyasova, Williams would be a stout bench.

If you actually want to start penalizing teams for tanking (which I don't approve of without a formal rule), I think you have to start with Dallas.  The owner publicly said they needed to lose and then the team fielded the worst lineup in NBA history in a must-lose game.  

If you're going to do it, don't make it too severe, since it's setting a precedent.  Maybe just hold them out of the actual lottery but keep their position otherwise.  

2 minutes ago, CBAreject said:

If you actually want to start penalizing teams for tanking (which I don't approve of without a formal rule), I think you have to start with Dallas.  The owner publicly said they needed to lose and then the team fielded the worst lineup in NBA history in a must-lose game.  

If you're going to do it, don't make it too severe, since it's setting a precedent.  Maybe just hold them out of the actual lottery but keep their position otherwise.  

Quote you are right.   Dallas trotted out an F league roster tonight.  

In the words of Mike from Breaking Bad, "No half measures." The Mavs did it right at the end. We could have locked up the 3rd seed by doing a lot less than that. Just congratulate the Celtics on their 4th quarter lead and enjoy the rest of your night. 

I'm not going to cry over spilled milk, though. We can still pick 1-3. And if we end up 7th or 8th, we can find a stud there.

Just win tomorrow, T-Wolves.

1 hour ago, CBAreject said:

You don't punish teams for tanking.  The way to kill the tank, is to make this a TRUE lottery with even odds across the board.

14 ping pong balls.  14 draws.   Forget drawing the top 3, draw the entire lottery.   

If you have the worst record in the league, and your ping pong ball happened to be drawn in the 14th slot . . . too bad.  That's your pick.

I'd rather see the lottery be done like that, than to see bad teams purposely play even worse in the last 2 months of the season, just to get a high draft pick.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Jesus!  I thought GS was playing its bench tonight against Utah.   The Jazz are laying waste to them.

I love seeing them flounder without Steph. He feeds all those guys out his hand, KD soft coattail riding ass included.  

Edited by benhillboy

10 hours ago, CBAreject said:

No.  I support taking picks away.  Everyone that did anything during the season to intentionally lose games should lose their draft pick.

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, KB21 said:

No.  I support taking picks away.  Everyone that did anything during the season to intentionally lose games should lose their draft pick.

That is because you care nothing about precedent, notice or due process on this issue.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You don't punish teams for tanking.  The way to kill the tank, is to make this a TRUE lottery with even odds across the board.

14 ping pong balls.  14 draws.   Forget drawing the top 3, draw the entire lottery.   

If you have the worst record in the league, and your ping pong ball happened to be drawn in the 14th slot . . . too bad.  That's your pick.

I'd rather see the lottery be done like that, than to see bad teams purposely play even worse in the last 2 months of the season, just to get a high draft pick.

^ This is what it takes ^

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yep.  You are right, but I'm all about whatever it takes to end this deplorable practice in the NBA forever.

See above...