• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Spellman looking good, yeah?

RedDawg#8

I haven’t been watching like I would like because the Hawks on-floor product is arguably the worst I’ve seen at SL and the telecasts run concurrent with my Braves (get it together).  Like Grayson Allen, a 4-year major program player is naturally gonna stand out.  Liking the 7.7 boards and 3 total steals and blocks.  His three ball isn’t pretty but his form is pretty effortlessly, always a good sign for Bigs.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

I haven’t been watching like I would like because the Hawks on-floor product is arguably the worst I’ve seen at SL and the telecasts run concurrent with my Braves (get it together).  Like Grayson Allen, a 4-year major program player is naturally gonna stand out.  Liking the 7.7 boards and 3 total steals and blocks.  His three ball isn’t pretty but his form is pretty effortlessly, always a good sign for Bigs.

the effort is there. I know that's something that is easy to overlook but SL to me is more about effort than raw stats. I do think the guy everyone thinks I hate (which I don't) has also been given effort. Usually effort and basketball IQ results in at least a solid rotation player/career.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Since we are so doom and gloom over Trae,

I thought it'd be nice to highlight Spellman who is looking very solid for a 30th pick.

He is very active out there, his arms seem much longer than I thought. He may have been an underclassman but, you can really see his basketball IQ. Among'st all the chaos, the game doesn't appear too fast for him. Just a solid big man with an outside stroke. If he continues to develop his body, he will make a name for himself. For now he is already an energy/hustle guy.

LIKE!!

I REALLY LIKE ALL 3 OF OUR NEW, TEEN AGE DRAFT PICKS !!

They are all green as grass but, I sincerely believe, all three are talented.  It's hard enough to try and train one new player in his 1st year in the NBA.  We have three!  We expect all three to be on the active squad.  Also, there are some NBA teams who are still waiting for someone to take their overpriced players and give some draft picks to sweeten the deal.  Hawks have the room for this extra $$$ payroll.

The question still remains, what will our final roster for the new season look like?  Will  we have one or two of those high priced veterans who we can build up to a good trading piece at the trade deadline?

:MooseGoggles:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Spellman looks pretty good. He works hard on both ends of the floor. I think he can be a solid/slightly above average two way player for us, A real good chance he sticks.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I don't care to rank him based on SL play.. However, when we drafted him, my thought is that he would put a lot of pressure on Collins.  Collins is not a C... not for real.  So we may have the best young 4 tandem in Basketball. 

• Like 2

Actually has some of Sap's skill at passing and long range shooting about three or four years sooner than Sap did in their respective careers. Know that it sounds like a Koolaide deal with that statement but lets see where Spellman is at on the court by regular season # two. Kinda obvious with that Dub's concept by Schlenk whether he denies it or not. Bare in mind Draymond was not Draymond until he was a Dub.   

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Get your ass back Trae and play defense, if you're going to jack up shots like that.

That's the first defensive responsibility of a PG that they teach you.

Wrong thread huh. Lololol.