• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pistons at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Second straight double-double for Omari.  Contending teams fluked on him late in the draft. He’s a natural understudy to Draymond.  With Myles Turner regressing he would’ve fit well in Indy.  Philly’s a no-brainer.

Playing on Villanova and his conditioning issues hurt his stock. He was regarded as a reach where we picked him. While I've said he's got a chance to be a really good player if he gets an opportunity, I'm not sure he'd offer much to a playoff team right now. His deficiencies don't look too bad when the whole team can't play defense.

4 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:
10 minutes ago, benhillboy said:
Second straight double-double for Omari.  Contending teams fluked on him late in the draft. He’s a natural understudy to Draymond.  With Myles Turner regressing he would’ve fit well in Indy.  Philly’s a no-brainer.

Playing on Villanova and his conditioning issues hurt his stock. He was regarded as a reach where we picked him. While I've said he's got a chance to be a really good player if he gets an opportunity, I'm not sure he'd offer much to a playoff team right now. His deficiencies don't look too bad when the whole team can't play defense.

I didn’t know he had a “compromised” stock coming out.  Good point on his D.  Makes sense.  I just think he could find his niche on a high IQ/ vet squad.

What's the point of having good passing PG's when all of the other players outside of the rooks are allergic to scoring.

I really hope Collins returning will bring balance to the offense. I don't think we're as bad as we look, but it's concerning that our 3 rookies and Bumlee are our most poised players.
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, terrell said:

He was always a pumpkin. lol

Nah he was lookin like he had turned a corner late last year and at the very start of this year (it's still really early in the year though). Now he can't make any shots and every pass feels like it's either a pass with the intent of getting the ball right back or a turnover.

13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Rest of November schedule

@ Lakers

@ Warriors

@ Nuggets

@ Pacers

vs Clippers

vs Raptors

vs Celtics

vs Hornets

@ Heat

@ Hornets

@ Thunder

2-9 most likely...maybe 3-8. I have only 2 wins circled here.

vs clippers 

vs Hornets ? 

The rest is muderous.

We are currently 3-9, we go 2-9 and we are looking at 5-18 to start December. So as Hazer beam @hazer and others have recently said...

HELLO ZION! ? 

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

vs clippers 

vs Hornets ? 

The rest is muderous.

We are currently 3-9, we go 2-9 and we are looking at 5-18 to start December. So as Hazer beam @hazer and others have recently said...

HELLO ZION! ? 

Or Barrett or Reddish ??

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

vs clippers 

vs Hornets ? 

The rest is muderous.

HELLO ZION! ? 

You have to figure that these are the 6 teams in the running for those bottom 5 spots

- Atlanta

- Chicago

- Phoenix ( although they may try to win, given Devin Booker's ultimatum )

- Cleveland

- New York ( who would sell off 1/2 of the city to get a guy like Zion )

- Dallas ( who may be improved, but still doesn't have enough talent )

I'm not putting bad teams like Washington and Minnesota in this mix yet, because both teams still have enough talent to make a run to get a playoff spot.  In Washington's case, how Scott Brooks has a job right now, is a miracle.  Speaking of that . . lol @ Scott's Wikipedia page right now.

Scott William Brooks (born July 31, 1965) is an soon to be fired American professional basketball head coach for the Washington Wizards of the National Basketball Association (NBA) and a former professional basketball player

Once any of those teams ( outside of Washington and Minny ) fall below 12 games under .500, look for some experimental lineups to take place to make them even worse.   

Also, I think the Hawks will keep Collins on the sideline until we reach that mark.  I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see him right before Christmas.  That way, even if this team does happen to play much better after Christmas, we'll still be so far under .500 that a top 5 spot wouldn't be in jeopardy.  And when the teams who were close, but have fallen out of the playoff picture begin to tank, the Hawks will be in position to tank harder.