• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks trade Bazemore to Portland for E. Turner

JTB

9 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

I'm actually intrigued with Cam playing the 2. If he can live up to his potential, I love the sound of a Reddish/Hunter defensive duo on the perimeter. That's a lot of length to put on opposing players. Two + defenders on the perimeter is exactly what we need playing next to Trae.

Exactly and it’s no secret that’s what LP sees ....which is why I don’t agree with @NBASupes that it won’t work. It’s too much talent and size and length not to work (if all players meet their potential)...we’d be all over teams literally. 

Now that’s how you go from bottom feeder defense to near future top 5 overall.

Reddish/Hunter/Collins/Fernando = that’s length, athleticism, size...it’s everything you could want from a defensive standpoint!

30 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Defensively, Hunter works everywhere. Offensively is where I am in a different lane. 

Ok ....well if you’re saying you think Huerter fits better than hunter with young, Reddish, Collins then I honestly couldn’t agree more actually but I’m willing to sacrifice a downgrade to up the defense.

the way I look at it hunter impacts the defense more than Huerter will impact the offense along with young, Reddish, Collins shall they truly turn out to be our best offensive guys

19 minutes ago, Dexmethylphenidate said:

A player known for defense isn't necessarily going to do worse on offense. How about he can be an all defensive player AND an excellent offensive player. Kind of like what we would expect a 4th overall pick to be 

If young and Collins continues to develop and Reddish lives up to his true potential than it really don’t matter if hunter is just average offensively in my opinion as long as he can knock down his 3s offensively that will be more than enough.

we need hunter to be the all world defender we traded up to get and as long as he brings that his offense will just be an added bonus 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Ok ....well if you’re saying you think Huerter fits better than hunter with young, Reddish, Collins then I honestly couldn’t agree more actually but I’m willing to sacrifice a downgrade to up the defense.

the way I look at it hunter impacts the defense more than Huerter will impact the offense along with young, Reddish, Collins shall they truly turn out to be our best offensive guys

Kevin is a perfect fit with Young. He wasn't even as good as DeAndre or Kent but when he played with Trae, Trae got much better and in return Kevin got much better. When Kevin started, he wasn't even that good at first but he just worked with Trae. He made everything so much easier for him and then LP gave him some ball handling duties and that took Kevin's game to the moon compared to what he was in Oct. 

• Moderators

Supes - You up for a month of avatar bet on Hunter / Reddish?  Of the first 10 games they both play (if healthy and DNP-CD that counts) with Collins, if Hunter starts more I win.  If Cam starts more you win.  Same number of starts then the winner is determined by whether Hunter starts more at PF (you win) or SF (I win).  Equal is a push.

On 6/24/2019 at 4:02 PM, NBASupes said:

Even as a below average PG, he is better than Adams or most of our available options at the position. Bazemore is clearly better but Turner would solve a need. Evan expected impact is a tier above Jerryd Bayless impact wise. Not the positive we would want but better than Lin and Bayless. Much better than Adams. 

If Bazemore is this

Image result for 1985 crown victoria

Turner is at least this

Image result for 1982 crown victoria

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, AHF said:

Supes - You up for a month of avatar bet on Hunter / Reddish?  Of the first 10 games they both play (if healthy and DNP-CD that counts) with Collins, if Hunter starts more I win.  If Cam starts more you win.  Same number of starts then the winner is determined by whether Hunter starts more at PF (you win) or SF (I win).  Equal is a push.

I am not doing no bets this year, I'll wait till the preseason starts. I learned my lesson with KB. 

Huerter starts over Cam. Cam is a good fit here and does have potential, but he ain’t NBA ready physically and defensively just yet. 

Hunter wont take as long to adjust to NBA competition. He’s going to very good defender Year 1 after a short adjustment period. 

Edited by EazyRoc
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Huerter starts over Cam. Cam is a good fit here and does have potential, but he ain’t NBA ready physically and defensively just yet. 

Hunter wont take as long to adjust to NBA competition. He’s going to very good defender Year 1 after a short adjustment period. 

He is more physically and defensively ready right now than Kevin was all last year. I would say he is more ready to defend the perimeter right now than Hunter is and by a reasonable margin. 

Cam is getting vastly underrated by those who really didn't watch us play. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He is more physically and defensively ready right now than Kevin was all last year. I would say he is more ready to defend the perimeter right now than Hunter is and by a reasonable margin. 

Hunter is not only more technically sound as a defender, he’s a better help defender, much stronger, and is a smarter defender than Reddish at this point. If we are talking about who’s going to defend wings in the NBA the best out of the gates then Hunter is a no-brained.

Reddish has elite tools right now and should be better than Huerter was at the same point. He’s also coming off of surgery and will have to overcome the rehab too. Huerter , right now, is a better NBA player than Reddish. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

No one's underrating him, most just don't think he'll be ready physically to play opening night.  

He's still rehabbing from surgery, Schlenk has said he won't see the court until end of July.  He hasn't played meaningful basketball since March, he had to pull out of workouts before the surgery which means he probably wasn't able to train effectively beforr. He will have a lot of catching up to do with his body and regaining strength and learn the team concepts since he'll miss the entire SL and more. Training camp will probably start September 23rdish or there about.

When he is actually cleared for 5 on 5 practice with the team that will be a good barometer of where he is physically.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Hunter is not only more technically sound as a defender, he’s a better help defender, much stronger, and is a smarter defender than Reddish at this point. If we are talking about who’s going to defend wings in the NBA the best out of the gates then Hunter is a no-brained.

Reddish has elite tools right now and should be better than Huerter was at the same point. He’s also coming off of surgery and will have to overcome the rehab too. Huerter , right now, is a better NBA player than Reddish. 

Hunter is a superior team defender as he suppose to be. He is a defensive beast but Cam is a better off ball defender in terms of playing the passing lanes.

He is a stronger defender as he can defend 1-5. He better be. Smarter, yeah, clearly. 

It's Reddish. Not flatfooted and gets steals in our uptempo style of play is critical. I been critical all year about Hunter fit at the 3 for us as well as others as a starter. He simply not a smooth fit at the 3 at least as a rookie v. Starters. 

Cam is a lot more projectable on the perimeter v. Wings defensively in any system. His injury is the same one Bron had. He should be fine when cleared.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No one's underrating him, most just don't think he'll be ready physically to play opening night.  

He's still rehabbing from surgery, Schlenk has said he won't see the court until end of July.  He hasn't played meaningful basketball since March, he had to pull out of workouts before the surgery which means he probably wasn't able to train effectively beforr. He will have a lot of catching up to do with his body and regaining strength and learn the team concepts since he'll miss the entire SL and more. Training camp will probably start September 23rdish or there about.

When he is actually cleared for 5 on 5 practice with the team that will be a good barometer of where he is physically.

I agree with the bolded. He will be at the facilities everyday working on body and recovery. Let's not act like he will be in Norristown chilling eating hot cheetos and drinking Dew.

Edited by NBASupes

I think my reasoning has been perfectly fair here and it’s why I’ve been tapping the brakes a little on 19/20 being the coming out party for our core.

I believe that Trae Young and Kevin Huerter make jumps but I’m really not buying it with the idea that Reddish does more than, for example, what Huerter did last year, for the optimistic comps, what George or Harden did as rookies either. IF, and I do mean “IF” you do see more, than I might be wrong on when the coming out party is for this core. But my projection would be something like 9.5 PTS/2.5 REB/1.5 AST on 40.8% FG/36.5% 3PT/82% FT, with a slow start, just like Trae Young, and a stronger last 41 games.

***IF***, I’m right here and they choose to start him anyway, my tingly senses sense another slow-ish start on the way for the Atlanta Hawks and an even faster last 41 games or so.

You’re not talking about a superstar like LeBron here, even if Reddish is a future superstar in 3-4 years. You’re talking about a kid, and I suppose maybe it’s my Debbie Downer, but I don’t think you start seeing “stud Reddish” completely until 20/21 if it happens for the Hawks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

You’ve made @hazer aka ur burner account very proud with the Calomari ref. 😃 

The Kagey-Wan (@kg01) is a big fan of my “Code Reddish” too 🚨 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1