• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

21 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Looks like OKC is outschlenking Travis Schlenk

Or maybe he is just copying him. Time to rebuild and Travis has done a great job with a lot less than a all defensive team player ( George ) and a former MVP ( Westbrook ) to start with.

Edited by Buzzard

I already got word OKC WILL NOT be buying out CP3 unless he wants to eat his entire deal. I haven't got word yet if he will but I doubt it. 

I asked who could be interested in CP3, three teams came up: MIN/DET/MIA. I asked what's most likely, he said MIN as it won't cost OKC any assets but CP3 is free to stay if he doesn't like the other options. 

• Like 1

• Admin
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I already got word OKC WILL NOT be buying out CP3 unless he wants to eat his entire deal. I haven't got word yet if he will but I doubt it. 

I asked who could be interested in CP3, three teams came up: MIN/DET/MIA. I asked what's most likely, he said MIN as it won't cost OKC any assets but CP3 is free to stay if he doesn't like the other options. 

They could turn Westbrook into draft picks and some assets if CP3 can bring back some return.  I don’t see him in an OKC uniform ever

Houston ain't finished. They are talking to CLE as well about Kevin Love. Heard the deal could be centered around Gordon. I also am hearing CLE is interested in Steven Adams. 

Edited by NBASupes

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

That trade was more about getting rid of Paul's salary vs acquiring Westbrook who is a much worse fit.

Paul is owed about $125 million over 3 years. Westbrook is owed about $170 million of 4. They're not saving any money. But Westbrook is younger and more durable. And I guess they want to shake things up. I feel like it won't take long for them to regret it, though. 

• Like 1

• Admin
23 minutes ago, High5 said:

Paul is owed about $125 million over 3 years. Westbrook is owed about $170 million of 4. They're not saving any money. But Westbrook is younger and more durable. And I guess they want to shake things up. I feel like it won't take long for them to regret it, though. 

He will be moved ... Paul will not suit up as thunder

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We should be interested in Steven Adams.

I do not agree. 13 PTS, 9.5 TRB, about 50% from the free throw line. He will get 27 million in his final season. Shaq money, Shaq free throw shooting, but a little better than Robin Lopez production.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I do not agree. 13 PTS, 9.5 TRB, about 50% from the free throw line. He will get 27 million in his final season. Shaq money, Shaq free throw shooting, but a little better than Robin Lopez production.

- 60% FG

- #2 offensive rebounder in the league ( Collins is #7, by the way ) 

- excellent in the pick and roll, and as a screener

- much better than Robin Lopez ( who is horrible defensively ).

A guy like Adams would be the perfect frontcourt compliment to John Collins, and be the "protector" of Trae when things get chippy.  Hopefully Fernando grows into this role.

When people think they can go at Trae and try to punk him, something like this can happen to them . . .

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

- 60% FG

- #2 offensive rebounder in the league ( Collins is #7, by the way ) 

- excellent in the pick and roll, and as a screener

- much better than Robin Lopez ( who is horrible defensively ).

A guy like Adams would be the perfect frontcourt compliment to John Collins, and be the "protector" of Trae when things get chippy.  Hopefully Fernando grows into this role.

When people think they can go at Trae and try to punk him, something like this can happen to them . . .

I would pay to see that hit but I am not thrilled about 53 million over the next two years.

I don't see Adams as a perfect complement at all. He clogs the lane and he's slow on the defensive end. Portland was abusing him so much in the playoffs that he had to be benched. 

In an ideal world Collins would be playing next to a long, mobile defender with a 3pt shot. Basically the opposite of Adams.

• Like 3

My thinking on Adam is I like him as a player without a doubt, but at what cost and does he fit our timeline? I just feel like Trae can many any center look pretty good so we don’t need to go spend as much there unless it’s for a top 5 center or something which Adams is not. It’s like I either want a tier 1 center or a tier 3, I don’t want a tier 2 which Adams is in the NBA imo.