• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

5 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Kinda off topic here but Morey in Houston is a GM that will do what it takes to get players for the Rockets.  

Oh he’s got giant balls. His buddies call him 🥜y Daryl on weekends.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh he’s got giant balls. His buddies call him 🥜y Daryl on weekends.

He GMs like a teenager on 2k.  That's not ballz.  He's been on a 3yr smear campaign against Westbrook.  Saying, by his analytics, he's an undeserving star.  Inefficient.  Can't shoot.

Now, because he's a 'name, he trades for him?  What happened to all the anti-Russ stuff?  He and Harden like/respect each other but their games no longer fit.

Remember Harden was a bench player back then.  They expect him or Russ to take a back seat?  They said they'd adjust for Paul.  They didn't.  They making the same false promise to Westbrook?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He GMs like a teenager on 2k.  That's not ballz.  He's been on a 3yr smear campaign against Westbrook.  Saying, by his analytics, he's an undeserving star.  Inefficient.  Can't shoot.

Now, because he's a 'name, he trades for him?  What happened to all the anti-Russ stuff?  He and Harden like/respect each other but their games no longer fit.

Remember Harden was a bench player back then.  They expect him or Russ to take a back seat?  They said they'd adjust for Paul.  They didn't.  They making the same false promise to Westbrook?

Poor D'antoni.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe it's just me but I find it hilarious that James is unable to "allow" Davis to wear his #23 as a Laker.

Apparently the league (or Nike) nipped that in the bud since the request wasn't made in time.

I recall when Chad Johnson changed his last name to Ochocinco.  He had to inform the NFL before the end of the prior season or stte because all the jerseys for the next season we're basically already manufactured.

I should've put 2 and 2 together that James would be held to a similar standard.  Can't just up and say you're changing your number.

Suck it, James.  Take the first of many L's that're comin yer way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

I dunno I kinda like him. Might be the anti warrior in me but I feel like I’ve been on Houston’s side for the past 4 or 5 years. Have you ever thought that perhaps Westbrook and Harden would have worked in OKC in 2012 if not for Durant getting in the way? Wait, what, who said that? MAAAAN, ITS FRIDAY NIGHT AT ALMOST MIDNIGHT 🕛 AND UR MAKING ME DEFEND THE ROCKETS 🚀. 😆 

Ok no honestly, Houston is between a rock and a hard place. They have a vet team and have been on the brink the last few years. Getting Westbrook is one of the best gambles they could have taken. I think they will finish as a 3rd or 4th seed this year behind the Clipps, Nuggets and possibly Lakers, Blazers or Jazz. They could however do some damage in the playoffs. Perhaps their 2019-20 team will match the 2018-19 team and lose in the conference finals or maybe they can get to the finals. 

I will say one thing, watching a bunch of 🚀 games the last few years made me realize the Cp3 sucks in these last few years. Injuries and mileage have deterred his rather stellar career. The Rockets have upgraded for sure imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Maybe it's just me but I find it hilarious that James is unable to "allow" Davis to wear his #23 as a Laker.

Apparently the league (or Nike) nipped that in the bud since the request wasn't made in time.

I recall when Chad Johnson changed his last name to Ochocinco.  He had to inform the NFL before the end of the prior season or stte because all the jerseys for the next season we're basically already manufactured.

I should've put 2 and 2 together that James would be held to a similar standard.  Can't just up and say you're changing your number.

Suck it, James.  Take the first of many L's that're comin yer way.

Why on earth 🌍 the #3? That should be reserved for guards like Huertaaaaas! 😉 

ps LA crowd don’t like the Brow’s brow. Riiiiiiight?... 😐 

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I will say one thing, watching a bunch of 🚀 games the last few years made me realize the Cp3 sucks in these last few years. Injuries and mileage have deterred his rather stellar career. The Rockets have upgraded for sure imo.

Seems to get into spats with teammates more often beginning the last year or so in L.A. At least it was talked about more often, kinda cranky cat at times.

• Haha 1

Nothing new to share. We did speak with Shaun Livingston reps. I been told he will wait to see if someone offers who contending but if not, he is interested in the Hawks. From what he has heard, he doesn't expect Livingston to get any offers from contenders. Contenders need players, not locker room guys in his opinion. The player who people are waiting for is J.R. Smith. Seems to have interest from both HOU and LAL. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

1. We don't know that.

2. Turner as backup 1 is significantly better than McConnell will ever be in his lifetime.

McConnell would have been a good add at that price except that where else do you play Turner given the depth at wing?  Turner gets benched in the playoffs because he destroys his team’s spacing and offense so I’m pretty sure Portland would have happily played McConnell over him when the games counted most last year.

I don't understand all this locker room presence, can understand with Vince, but Livingston? What can he teach? Can he really play? Turner at PG is an experiment and we need a real backup PG. There are still some good options there as Shaquille Harrison or Frank Mason or other young guys that have outplayed clearly Adams at SL as Mitrou Long or PJ Dozier. I would prefer any of these guys than Livingston.

Also think that we need some help at C. You want a locker room presence, sign Gasol or Noah, anyway I would prefer to go youth and sign someone aa Christian Wood.

Unless you can sign a real veteran star that can be a real example for young guys and still have something left on the tank as Carter or Gasol I would go with young guys with potential aa Harrison, Frank Mason or Wood 

hace 7 minutos, AHF dijo:

McConnell would have been a good add at that price except that where else do you play Turner given the depth at wing?  Turner gets benched in the playoffs because he destroys his team’s spacing and offense so I’m pretty sure Portland would have happily played McConnell over him when the games counted most last year.

McConnell is someon you augn when you are trying to compete, when you are rebuilding you go young or a veteran star to lead the young fellas

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

McConnell is someon you augn when you are trying to compete, when you are rebuilding you go young or a veteran star to lead the young fellas

He was 26 last year and is coming off his 4th season.  I’m not that worried about his age on a 2 year deal averaging $5M or less per year.

hace 8 minutos, AHF dijo:

He was 26 last year and is coming off his 4th season.  I’m not that worried about his age on a 2 year deal averaging $5M or less per year.

I am not worried about his age, I just see he has no room for improvement, I would prefer to sign a young with potential, you have the chance to find a gem. If I am contending I definately sign McConnell but we are not there yet.