• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

16 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I still dont understand why Capela isn't playing.  Nobody seems to want to talk about it.  

I think what he has can flare up pretty easily if not completely healed. But Im no doctor....lol

• Like 3

The Hawk Twitter had mentioned how the bone bruise needs time to heal properly as well. Dealing with two health issues is not such a mystery really.

right calcaneus contusion/plantar fasciitis

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, terrell said:

I think what he has can flare up pretty easily if not completely healed. But Im no doctor....lol

If he has plantar fasciitis, then it is best to get a full recovery. Otherwise it can end up far worse than it needs to be. While I can’t wait to get his motor revving on the court (I believe his intensity will be contagious) I’m willing to wait. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I see no reason whatsoever for Capela to play again this season. We need to start thinking tanking outright down the stretch and he has a legit injury. Give him the rest of the season and the offseason to heal. Next season is when we push for the playoffs.

• Like 4

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Why is it, when Beal scores and loses, people still go gaga over him?  But, when our guy does it, alls we get are the eggscuses of why folks don't like him.

His defense.  His size.  Empty-stats.  He loses.  Well, guess what.  Beal has worse defense, based on the dumb-a** analytics, even though he has the size to defend better.  His team loses too.  He chukks and is inefficient.  Doesn't pass well.

But why's our guy hated on?

'Splain it ta me!

I'll never understand why the Wiz ever got so much respect.  They've never won anything of consequence and under perform every year for like 3 decades.  

But to your point, I have no idea.  I always liked him but wonder if he's overrated in general.   But i think the real answer to your question is that no one has ever respected the Hawks or Trae.  It's why Trae fits so perfectly in Atlanta

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'll never understand why the Wiz ever got so much respect.  They've never won anything of consequence and under perform every year for like 3 decades.  

But to your point, I have no idea.  I always liked him but wonder if he's overrated in general.   But i think the real answer to your question is that no one has ever respected the Hawks or Trae.  It's why Trae fits so perfectly in Atlanta

Don't get me wrong.  I like the guy as a player.  I just don't get how/why he's viewed more favorably.  By all rights, he should be viewed more harshly than our guy.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Don't get me wrong.  I like the guy as a player.  I just don't get how/why he's viewed more favorably.  By all rights, he should be viewed more harshly than our guy.

Well to be fair, this year's all-star weekend kind of shows another view on the different takes on Beal and IceTrae...Trae (criticized often and harshly) was #1 Fan Vote, #2 Media Vote, and #3 Player Vote. Hardly a bad showing. Where was Mr. Beal? Need I remind us about his purse-swinging, baby-having, her-man-protecting, Trae-hating girlfriend...Kamiah Adams😂😂😂! So as much hate as we feel Trae gets, at least we can rest in the fact that he was an All-Star Starter in 2020!!!

Edited by enrique
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, enrique said:

Well to be fair, this year's all-star weekend kind of shows another view on the different takes on Beal and IceTrae...Trae (criticized often and harshly) was #1 Fan Vote, #2 Media Vote, and #3 Player Vote. Hardly a bad showing. Where was Mr. Beal? Need I remind us about his purse-swinging, baby-having, her-man-protecting, Trae-hating girlfriend...Kamiah Adams😂😂😂! So as much hate as we feel Trae gets, at least we can rest in the fact that he was an All-Star Starter in 2020!!!

Trae is getting plenty of love, but the squawk only knows one thing, perpetually playing the victim card, and the no-respect card. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Trae is getting plenty of love, but the squawk only knows one thing, perpetually playing the victim card, and the no-respect card. 

While Trae certainly gets some love, there are very few posts on twitter, YouTube or B/R where a positive statement about Trae is not jumped on by some Traeters with comments parroting untrue statements such as "Worst Defender in the NBA," "empty stats," and perpetual loser. Fortunately, there are statistical arguments against all of these arguments. That doesn't mean Trae is not a horrific defender or on a losing team:) But there cannot be a positive post on Trae right now without detractors diving in. Highly frustrating. If we win a lot next year and Trae continues to perform in the 25/10/4 window with 1.35+pps, those detractors will be gone in a year. Can't wait!

Edited by enrique
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I get this, but I know what @kg01 is speaking of.  For example, after Trae's 50 point game last week. I was excited to listen to NBA radio because I knew Trae would be the topic of discussion.  

Give and Go - Kamala talks about how special Trae has been on the offensive end and it's really not talked about enough.  Then the other host, who's name I've forgotten, says, yeah, but his defense is so bad.  His defense is the main reason that teams not winning.  Now that my friend is not true.  Yes, Trae's defense is bad, but even when Trae is off the court the Hawks defense is bad.  We understand Trae needs to improve his defense, but to say something like that is crazy.   

NBA Today - Justin & Eddy - Speak about how great Trae is.  Then Justin says Trae is no where as near as good as Luka.  A caller calls in to dispute it.  Justin says, Luka is a better passer, rebounder, and is more efficient.  When you look at true shooting percentage Trae is better than Luka.  I'm not sure what the effective field goal percentage is, but I know he's better in that stat for sure.  They also say Luka is a more willing passer than Trae and Trae needs to learn how to be a willing passer. 

Now, are all of these fair criticism? Maybe? But if Luka Doncic dropped a 50 point game and the Mavs lost, do you think all of these negative would be said about him or he would receive only praise? 

That's the point I believe KG01 is making.  It's like the national guys, always have a yeah but when it comes to Trae, but with other players it's yeah this is a great game for him with no yeah buts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/24/2020 at 4:35 PM, Sothron said:

I see no reason whatsoever for Capela to play again this season. We need to start thinking tanking outright down the stretch and he has a legit injury. Give him the rest of the season and the offseason to heal. Next season is when we push for the playoffs.

Tanking for whom?   Do you have a player in mind?

• Like 1