• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

16 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae's numbers since saying that the regular season was "boring" after the Utah loss.

10 games . . . Hawks record ( 6 - 4 )

• 27.9 ppg
  • 9 apg
  • 3.7 rebs
  • 1 stl
  • 4.5 TOs

• 49.5% FG
  • 44.4% 3FG
  • 89.1% FT . . . on 5.5 att

Winning stat trends:

Hawks are 5 - 2 this season when he scores 30 pts or more

Hawks are 6 - 2 when he grabs 4 rebounds or more

He wants an All-NBA spot so he can get that supermax kicker. 

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Have we become numb to how great Trae Young has been this season?  Let's take a look at the stats through 21 games, a little over a quarter of the season. 

GP MIN FG% 3P% FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
21 33.8 46.5 39.4 89.2 3.6 9.0 0.1 0.9 1.7 3.8 26.0

He's shooting career highs on field goal, three point, and free throw percentage.  His PER of 25.79 is good for 7th in the NBA. His 26 points are good for 5th in the NBA and his 9 assists are good for third. Get this, he's shooting better from the field than MVP favorite Steph Curry who's shooting 46.1%.  Steph makes up the difference in scoring with his three point shooting where Steph is  hitting 41.7% on 13.1 attempts per game. 

Trae is having a first team all NBA season if he can sustain this throughout the season. If the Hawks can get the third seed or higher, Trae should be in the MVP conversation.  MVP is narrative driven and with the Warriors playing so well, it's Steph's to lose at this point. 

Trae is only 23 years old and not in his prime.  His numbers are generational for a player his size and at his age.  I know it's a small sample size, but I believe this is the best 21 games of his career.  He's currently on 4 game streak of 30+ points with the best efficiency of his career. 

It's just funny that Ja and Luka are still being mentioned in MVP conversations and not a peep about Trae. 

Makes me teary eyed. Love it!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'm scared, @Sothron.   There's a pro-Trae thread on RgM started by a non-Hawk fan.  Are we in an alternate universe and no one told me?  Did Thanos just snap his finger?

It's very disconcerting, saffron.

....... hold me? 😟

it really did freak me out a little to see a non Hawk talking about Trae and why is he not getting respect this season.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I'd like to see the TOs closer to 3 than 4.

Definitely, I think low threes is asking too much with how much he does for us, and keep in mind as a team we are at the very top in TO rate. But if he can get it down around the 3.5 mark that would be amazing.

• Like 1