• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pacers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, DBac said:

He is really, really bad. 

But he is not the reason why this team doesn't have good defense. Our bigs don't do a good job of contesting shots. The amount of times the Pacers got to the paint without a contest from our bigs was ridiculous (f***ing Jabari). And when they are there, the contest is really weak. Our defensive rebounding is atrocious. Trae could be the Glove and our defense would be bad (obviously better than it is, but still bad) right now.

I actually thought Len did a good job of this. Len issue was playing soft till the 2nd. If there was a takeaway I had, I wish we would have played Len more. 21 minutes wasn't enough in my eyes. 

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

4 games to go.

But two days till December 15th 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Which teams that have gutted their teams and started over from lottery scratch are good the 2nd year? 

John Collins helped with the excitement.

Travis already went along way with the failed Dallas trade.

The bulk of the young talent on this team look to be the kind of players that might be good role players on contending teams.

Collins, Hunter, Cam and Huerter... None of these are even legit second option. Trae is not a legit first option on a team that wins.

It’s hard to see this mix of players forming a team that is very good.

Travis isn’t building a core that will win anything meaningful.

Edited by Plainview1981

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

It's way too early for these career statements

Collins... He doesn’t have the skillset of a dependable go to scorer in the meaningful parts of the game. He is a “in the flow of the game” kind of scorer.  Which is not a problem if you can afford to pay him big bucks without needing him to carry a huge load.

I mean, I think Trae can win if have him paired with a legit first option.

There isn’t a lot of explosiveness with this cast of young players. 

1 minute ago, Plainview1981 said:

Collins... He doesn’t have the skillset of a dependable go to scorer in the meaningful parts of the game. He is a “in the flow of the game” kind of scorer.  Which is not a problem if you can afford to pay him big bucks without needing him to carry a huge load.

I agree with that last part. There is a number of things we need to do long term we aren't doing right now to utilize them. Cam and Hunter did a lot more off the ball actions in college, right now we are doing that secondary handle thing we did at the beginning of last year. 

By the end of the season, I want Cam and Hunter moving off screens. 

Other than Len, I don't have much positive to say about the bigs.

I thinke we need to slow down long term, even John got room to get much better. 

14 minutes ago, DBac said:

He is really, really bad. 

But he is not the reason why this team doesn't have good defense. Our bigs don't do a good job of contesting shots. The amount of times the Pacers got to the paint without a contest from our bigs was ridiculous (f***ing Jabari). And when they are there, the contest is really weak. Our defensive rebounding is atrocious. Trae could be the Glove and our defense would be bad (obviously better than it is, but still bad) right now.

LP should simply give Bruno some run for about 20 - 25 minutes a game.  What can it hurt?  The team is drowning out there.  No one can make shots.  And the rookies are the most solid defenders on the team.  Jones and Len both played well enough from a stats standpoint ( to help us win the game.

I'm telling you guys . . . we need 2 bigs on the floor at all times.  We can't keep acting like Vince, Crabbe, and Hunter at PF is an option that we should be going with.  Those guys are not going to rebound the basketball.  And only Hunter is sound enough defensively to challenge shots.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I agree with the lack of explosive players part. I hope next years draft and FA solves that. 

2 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Culver looks like a fringe player. He might end up being a scrub.

And alot of Hawks fans wanted him over HUnter at#4.

Edited by terrell