• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pacers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

NBA market is kinda skewed because the top players are really worth more than a max.

Yep.Travis might as well spend some $ in 2020. Giannis isnt leaving MIlwaukee imo. Lets compete NEXT YEAR..Or is that skipping steps? lol. LOoking at the 2020 FA's. I think I could put together a playoff team. lol

Edited by terrell

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yep.Travis might as well spend some $ in 2020. Giannis isnt leaving MIlwaukee imo. Lets compete NEXT YEAR..Or is that skipping steps? lol. LOoking at the 2020 FA's. I think I could put together a playoff team. lol

Skipping steps? 

We barely have a walkway to the house.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, terrell said:

Didnt expect Culver to struggle this bad. But all people want to talk about is Cam(who was a freebie pick). lol

I expected him to struggle this bad. I just didn't see him working in the NBA like he did in college. He played that Evan Turner bully ball but at 195. You can't play bully ball being small. 

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

we might beat the knicks

KNicks just won in SActown.. lol. RJ is struggling too. Ja is the best in the class by far right now..

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I expected him to struggle this bad. I just didn't see him working in the NBA like he did in college. He played that Evan Turner bully ball but at 195. You can't play bully ball being small. 

Rookie class is underwhelming. ESpecially the top 10..Its Ja and everybody else basically. lol

Just now, terrell said:

Rookie class is underwhelming. ESpecially the top 10..Its Ja and everybody else basically. lol

R.J. hasn't been underwhelming at all. His projected WAR was -1.1 and he is a 0.1 WAR. That's a legit multiple time all star level at the least. Nothing underwhelming about that. 

As for the others, it was tier 3.5 and tier 4 prospects. To expect them to be positive players playing key minutes or just JAGs is crazy. Even I was foolish for saying Reddish is Randy Moss as a rookie. 

What you are seeing from all of these guys is what tier 3.5 and tier 4 prospects look like. This upcoming draft is not much different. Outside of the top 4 prospects, this class is also loaded with tier 3.5-4 prospects. 

Tier 1.5 - Edwards

Tier 2 (Ja and R.J. level) - Wiseman (Extremely high risk), LaMelo Ball (Extremely talented but shooting and defense?) 

Tier 2.5 - Cole Anthony - Most polished prospect in the class but does he have any NBA superstar potential or is he just a NBA ready PG who is just limited to being a good NBA starter like Rubio?

After that, you looking at tier 3.5 to tier 4 guys. They either take time or they really not that good. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

R.J. hasn't been underwhelming at all. His projected WAR was -1.1 and he is a 0.1 WAR. That's a legit multiple time all star level at the least. Nothing underwhelming about that. 

As for the others, it was tier 3.5 and tier 4 prospects. To expect them to be positive players playing key minutes or just JAGs is crazy. Even I was foolish for saying Reddish is Randy Moss as a rookie. 

What you are seeing from all of these guys is what tier 3.5 and tier 4 prospects look like. This upcoming draft is not much different. Outside of the top 4 prospects, this class is also loaded with tier 3.5-4 prospects. 

Tier 1.5 - Edwards

Tier 2 (Ja and R.J. level) - Wiseman (Extremely high risk), LaMelo Ball (Extremely talented but shooting and defense?) 

Tier 2.5 - Cole Anthony - Most polished prospect in the class but does he have any NBA superstar potential or is he just a NBA ready PG who is just limited to being a good NBA starter like Rubio?

After that, you looking at tier 3.5 to tier 4 guys. They either take time or they really not that good. 

He looks underwhelming whenever I watch him. IM not really a numbers guy..lol

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Wiseman (Extremely high risk),

I don’t think he is a risk. He is the real deal. He’s not going to bust in any way. I’d take him top 2 ahead of Ball. 

17 minutes ago, terrell said:

He looks underwhelming whenever I watch him. IM not really a numbers guy..lol

Ya me too. I see RJ and he isn’t looking good. Having said that he has a spectacular body for his age. He will be ok. But this year he’s kind of crappy.

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t think he is a risk. He is the real deal. He’s not going to bust in any way. I’d take him top 2 ahead of Ball. 

Ya me too. I see RJ and he isn’t looking good. Having said that he has a spectacular body for his age. He will be ok. But this year he’s kind of crappy.

We shall see on Wiseman. Out of all of the top 4 guys, he might not have the lower floor but I am not sure on his ceiling

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

R.J. hasn't been underwhelming at all.

Stop. 14 points on .388 shooting and he's negative in virtually every advanced stat. He may turn it around starting tomorrow, but he has obviously been underwhelming to this point.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, High5 said:

Stop. 14 points on .388 shooting and he's negative in virtually every advanced stat. He may turn it around starting tomorrow, but he has obviously been underwhelming to this point.  

Ya RJ just has a great body for a rookie. He will get better and better and the Knicks are banking on that. Right now and up to this point he has looked bad, really bad. I’m not sure how the numbers suggest he’s even halfway decent.

The three Dukies have all had slow starts. Again, it’s a marathon. All three will still be great imo.

14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Trae has to fix it. He can't be about his stats. He done said f*** winning, let me get my numbers. He gotta just make the winning play

Embrace the hockey 🏒 assist. He does that and people do what they supposed to do, we start winning.

• Like 1

We are still growing as a team, our young guys are learning. Our vets are kind of crappy so far. Crabbe and Turner are two guys that we kind of relied too heavily on and it’s backfiring big time.

The youngsters will make mistakes that’s always part of a rebuild.

Turner- We need a backup pg badly to give Trae a blow when he’s acting Iversonish.

Crabbe- We need a perimeter scorer, if not a perimeter threat to score, he has been neither.

Len & Jones- Soft big men. Northcyde mentioned the screens they set and it’s true they set brush screens. They need to plant down and set the screen for a split longer.

Hunter looks solid. He needs some grooming but man this guy makes the right plays and the right times. I like the way he thinks out there. 

I think we can get the Lakers! 🤭 Sorry I couldn’t get through that...Ya Ant 🐜 Davis is gonna get 25 rebounds on us.

Len&Jones vs Davis/Dwight/McGee 

oh boy 👦 

GO HAWKS!!!!

• Like 4

PITIFUL !!

Couldn't hit a three at all until, finally, in the second half they hit a few.  Missed too many free throws.  Couldn't make so many shots, and it didn't matter who was shooting,  Trae was ice cold.

God, through Moses, parted the Red Sea and the people of Israel went through on dry ground.

Question:  Who parted the paint for the Pacers to pass through for the dunk?  It happened all game.

Everything that could go wrong, did.

PITIFUL !!

Don't try to blame it all on L.P.  He gets his share, but he didn't take, and miss, all those three point shots or any of those free throws that the Hawks didn't make.  

Bruno should get some time at PF.  Not this "Did not play, coaches decision"  This game qualifies as a stinker!  We all hate this....

:ahf:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

We are still growing as a team, our young guys are learning. Our vets are kind of crappy so far. Crabbe and Turner are two guys that we kind of relied too heavily on and it’s backfiring big time.

The youngsters will make mistakes that’s always part of a rebuild.

Turner- We need a backup pg badly to give Trae a blow when he’s acting Iversonish.

Crabbe- We need a perimeter scorer, if not a perimeter threat to score, he has been neither.

Len & Jones- Soft big men. Northcyde mentioned the screens they set and it’s true they set brush screens. They need to plant down and set the screen for a split longer.

Hunter looks solid. He needs some grooming but man this guy makes the right plays and the right times. I like the way he thinks out there. 

I think we can get the Lakers! 🤭 Sorry I couldn’t get through that...Ya Ant 🐜 Davis is gonna get 25 rebounds on us.

Len&Jones vs Davis/Dwight/McGee 

oh boy 👦 

GO HAWKS!!!!

They're so worried about rolling to the basket, the "screens" that they set aren't effective at all.  When Bruno gets the ball near the top of the 3 point arc on a ball reversal, he knows just when to deliver the ball to the ball handler.  After that, he makes sure to put a body on either his man, or the ball handler's man.  For Trae specifically, it makes it much easier for him to get an open look.

27 assists so far for Bruno with 19 assists on 3 point shots?  

https://stats.nba.com/events/?flag=1&CFID=33&CFPARAMS=2019-20&PlayerID=1628981&TeamID=0&GameID=&ContextMeasure=AST&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular Season&LeagueID=00&PerMode=Totals&Split=general&PlusMinus=N&PaceAdjust=N&Rank=N&Outcome=&Location=&Month=0&SeasonSegment=&OpponentTeamID=0&VsConference=&VsDivision=&GameSegment=&Period=0&LastNGames=0&DateFrom=&DateTo=&PORound=0&ShotClockRange=&MeasureType=Base&section=player&sct=plot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1