• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pacers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

6 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Trae is the worst defender in the NBA.

I’m not sure you can maintain a good defense with him on the team.

YOu  might be right..Hes awful..Gotta at least have a rim protector...

1 minute ago, Plainview1981 said:

This rebuild has failed.

Already? lol. Must be Hot take time..

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 3

• Moderators

Welp! Just too big of a hole to dig out from.

Evan Turner was supposed to be the guy to keep Trae from being Doctor Too Little against these bigger guards, but here we are. Indy also got much better bench support this go-round.

Still coulda grabbed this W if Trae's early floater/push-shot game was on, and especially if they had more positive production out of Huerter and Reddish from the jump. Too many TOs at crucial junctures from those two.

Another One to Grow On!

Go Hawks!

~lw3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hawks are too soft. We need to draft and sign some tough players..JUst say no to guys like KAT(I see his name alot around Hawks blogs).Watching his soft ass now. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He went 1-6 with 4 pts and 3 turnovers. 

Played elite defense and his playmaking was really good. To be honest, he barely shot the ball in the 2nd half. He went to the FT line, made a wide open 3 and missed a heavily contested layup in traffic.

Just now, bleachkit said:

This team is not much fun to watch. At least last year we were entertaining.

I am not saying Dedmon is the difference maker but having him on the floor for 25 minutes makes a big difference and the Hawks suffering from the same thing the Bulls did last year. Parker defense makes it so hard for us. You already got Trae who does as well but at least Trae on most nights offensively is a monster. 

Parker is a better offensive scorer than Collins but that's where it ends. Parker and 6th man can't happen any sooner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Plainview1981 said:

You don’t have a chance with Schlenk as a GM. If things are bad at the top, it’s probably going to stay bad everywhere else.

I don’t know why this team always has the worst GM’s.

Which teams that have gutted their teams and started over from lottery scratch are good the 2nd year? 

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

This team is not much fun to watch. At least last year we were entertaining.

John Collins helped with the excitement.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wait wait wait.....No Bembry for 2 games in a row?  :thinking:.  Is he on the trade block?

Or is LP scapegoating him for his own error in the Heat game by forgetting to sub him back out?

Bembry has been more or less out of the rotation since the Hornets game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wait wait wait.....No Bembry for 2 games in a row?  :thinking:.  Is he on the trade block?

Or is LP scapegoating him for his own error in the Heat game by forgetting to sub him back out?

I didn't think about it that way but I think u may be right

25 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Trae is the worst defender in the NBA.

I’m not sure you can maintain a good defense with him on the team.

He is really, really bad. 

But he is not the reason why this team doesn't have good defense. Our bigs don't do a good job of contesting shots. The amount of times the Pacers got to the paint without a contest from our bigs was ridiculous (f***ing Jabari). And when they are there, the contest is really weak. Our defensive rebounding is atrocious. Trae could be the Glove and our defense would be bad (obviously better than it is, but still bad) right now.

• Like 2