• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

• Moderators

This seems like nitpicking on KAT here.  He is a much better scorer, asked for the ball and then Teague screwed the pooch on the play.  Not sure how that is soft or selfish, etc.  He is their best player and calling for the ball is not a big deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

And then KAT acts like this towards a teammate:

KAT hitting the X button 17 times on this play, but his call for pass was ignored. The nimbers are nice, but no thanks to both.

Maybe he should get away from the 3 pt line, and take his soft ass to the post..lol

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

This seems like nitpicking on KAT here.  He is a much better scorer, asked for the ball and then Teague screwed the pooch on the play.  Not sure how that is soft or selfish, etc.  He is their best player and calling for the ball is not a big deal.

FYI, Ive been saying hes a softy player. My comment had nothing to do with this play specifically.  Hawks need some tough SOB's imo..(Crowder,Baynes, Adams, etc..)

Edited by terrell

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wait, didn't this KittyKat thing happen like 3 weeks ago?  Why are y'all discussing it again?  Did I miss something?

And color me shocked at ol' AH comin' to Hello Kitty's _efense.

This thread has turned into a catchall for everything center related. Drumstick, Adams, KAT, Nurkic, Thompson... errbody has been invited. This thread is creeping up on Hawksquawk Classic status.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Definitely not an agenda anywhere on the political spectrum that we are looking to push.  I've got my own thoughts there but will take them to the political board if anywhere other than b****ing to my wife.

Apologize I’m not a political guy for the most part but it wasn’t even a different ad. It is literally the trump red hat 🧢 one every time I’m just wondering if it’s a squawk thing? Thanks.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, High5 said:

He would probably get a technical for demanding the basketball during a timeout.

HUh? Talk to Teague about the play during a timeout for the next time it happens. Dont show him up on the court. But doesnt matter. He aint coming here..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JTB said:

Please stop!

i hate the reference  “empty stats”...they say that about trae but unless you watch every game you can’t give a real opinion on that.

we all watch every hawks game here at the squawk and we KNOW traes offensive impact is mega real and when he’s not on the court we are absolutely pathetic on offense and they can’t buy a bucket to save their  lives! Sure defense steps up without trae but not well enough to stay in games.

Same could  be said about KAT...I wouldn’t make such an assumption he puts up empty stats . I highly doubt it.

Right.

You show me a guy who puts up "empty stats", and I'll show you a guy who is legitimately the ONLY star player on his team, surrounded by scrubs.

Trae is said to put up "empty stats", despite creating about 46 ppg and 40% of the teams offense.

Give a guy like Trae a running mate like KAT, and NEITHER guy would be referred to as guys who put up empty stats, because they both would be leading their team to wins.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Apologize I’m not a political guy for the most part but it wasn’t even a different ad. It is literally the trump red hat 🧢 one every time I’m just wondering if it’s a squawk thing? Thanks.

I haven’t been getting that ad. Weird. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Wait, didn't this KittyKat thing happen like 3 weeks ago?  Why are y'all discussing it again?  Did I miss something?

And color me shocked at ol' AH comin' to Hello Kitty's _efense.

I plead guilty for mentioning KAT earlier in my post. That then led to all the carnage known as the KATastrophic debate on his stats and softness. 
forgive my mention 😂🙏🏽😂🙏🏽

• Haha 4

• Moderators
Just now, GameTime said:

Per Kevin O'Connor from The Ringer:

"Andre Drummond wants over 20 million dollars to resign with Atlanta which is one of the reasons they haven't made the trade yet"

https://www.theringer.com/2020/1/14/21066159/the-mismatch-shai-gilgeous-alexander-is-a-budding-superstar

Go to 43:55

Exactly though!  This is what some of us have been saying.  He's not getting the max.  He knows it.   I dont blame him for wanting 20+.  I still wouldn't do it unless it was for one season but the idea that he will command 30 + is crazy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, GameTime said:

"Andre Drummond wants over 20 million dollars to resign with Atlanta which is one of the reasons they haven't made the trade yet"

https://www.theringer.com/2020/1/14/21066159/the-mismatch-shai-gilgeous-alexander-is-a-budding-superstar

Over 20 mil?? Ok, so closer to 21 mil or 29 mil? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That answer is easy...any player will take the higher number unless they are older and looking for a ring...then they'll take the discounted rate for hopes of bolstering their career resume. Now that being said, it sounds like if he threw that number out then he won't consider an offer beneath it and he will consider one over it. So "no" to 19 mil. and "maybe" to 21 mil. and "God-bless-America" to 29 mil.😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, GameTime said:

Interesting so Atlanta want him but not over 20 mil per....welp time to move on! I thought 23-25 mil was a fair deal for him but Schlenk is clearly not for that.

I didn’t think a salary of 23-25 mil for Drummond over 4 years would hurt us salary cap wise but maybe it will , I need cap guru to explain how it’ would impact resigning our core young guys.

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

yoooooo chillll 😂 😂 😂...I bout damn near passed out laughing at this!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, AHF said:

He is shooting 41.8% from 3.  What do you guys want from your offense?  That is elite.  Give him the ball for an open 3 as much as you can.  41.8% translates without a single free throw to a .627% TS%.  That is wayyy better than Trae Young or John Collins and more efficient than Giannis, Luka or LeBron.  I'm talking about their overall TS% not just their 3pt% - like giving the ball on offense to Giannis is less efficient than KAT shooting that 3.  So that "look at him taking a jumper....so soft..." is trash.  Any smart coach wants KAT scoring the ball about as much as possible.  His overall .654% TS% is pretty amazing for his volume.

Now if you guys want to trash him for being soft on D then you can make yourself a case but calling a guy soft because he shoots 41.8% from 3 and looked to take a 3?  Really?

raw  

You guys are better than that.  Might as well break out your "Dirk was so soft because he shot jumpers on his way to a championship" schtick.

Well you do know according to the Squawk every significant non-Hawk in the NBA falls into one of three categories,

1)They are empty calories stat stuffers. or

2)They are not "winners". or

3)They are "soft".

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1