• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Spurs

lethalweapon3

Who would have thought coming into the season that Cam would be a better defender than Hunter. I love Cam man, hopefully he puts it all together. As usual I am super down on Hunter, I would have thought he would be way better given his age and being 4th pick. Just get a competent center and we are in business! Go hawks!

Edited by BudBall

14 minutes ago, BudBall said:

Who would have thought coming into the season that Cam would be a better defender than Hunter. I love Cam man, hopefully he puts it all together. As usual I am super down on Hunter, I would have thought he would be way better given his age and being 4th pick. Just get a competent center and we are in business! Go hawks!

Me, as a perimeter defender. I watched the games. As an overall defender, no but Cam just learns faster is all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, BudBall said:

Only Supes.

• Like 1

Watched the entire game last night.  Reading the posts in the third quarter and early in the 4th, our head coach got fired by the posters because he, and he alone, had lost the game for Atlanta.:cray:

Yet, in spite of having the worst coach in NBA history, somehow he made the right moves late in the 4th quarter and the Hawks won for the first time in the Spurs home in 23 years.

Our young players AND their young coach are still learning.  Finally, Atlanta has 10 wins and, I believe, for the first time in a while, a 2 game winning streak.  Two new Hawks tonight as we go for three in a row!

All our young Hawks shining like new money!  Spur fouling out late in the game was one of the keys.  On their final play, Octopus arms up as three defenders closed out the pathway!  Wow!

One third of our baby Hawks had not been born when the Hawks last won in Spurs home!  That has to be some kind of NBA record that Atlanta just broke.

While all this was going on, Detroit was resting and waiting for the Hawks to come home for tonight's game.  At least, the Hawks will be on a high after the win last night..

GO ATL HAWKS !!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Honestly Trae has been pretty efficient all year. His Ts% has been around 59% which is exceptionally good for someone his size. His 3pt % at 37% with extremely high volume and his great free throw rate keep him scoring at a great pace even when his floater is not dropping. 

His numbers are just stupid.  Who puts up 29, 9, and 5?  Peak Isaiah and Tiny Archibald?  I’m sure their efg wasn’t .531.  

I always knock Trae’s floor game but I absolutely respect his minutes played, rebounding, and he’s at least cognizant of defensive positioning even if he isn’t able to apply any pressure to drives, passing lanes, or shots.   I’m anxious to see Trae’s career comparisons on The Reference, I think it starts at year 3.  This type of raw production on a team with a .314 winning percentage seems quite rare.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

His numbers are just stupid.  Who puts up 29, 9, and 5?  Peak Isaiah and Tiny Archibald?  I’m sure their efg wasn’t .531.

All this with other kids around him, injuries around him and some acquired vets not even getting minutes. What are the odds of his numbers being so good. Pretty unreal.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I must commend Hunter on the last assist to Huerter for the game winner. Not many rookies would have passed the ball, he took a hard enough step into the paint to draw the defense off Huerter for the open look. Execution down the stretch. :clap:

• Like 4