• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pistons at Hawks

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, BudBall said:

You make a very good point on this. I would love to hear LP thought process on why he decided on that line up. 

Atlanta media won't ask him those types of questions.  And they won't ask him how he keeps expecting a small, non-physical lineup to play "tougher" defensively?

I think Nique is getting more tired of the small ball lineups getting dominated in the paint, more than anyone else.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Atlanta media won't ask him those types of questions.  And they won't ask him how he keeps expecting a small, non-physical lineup to play "tougher" defensively?

I think Nique is getting more tired of the small ball lineups getting dominated in the paint, more than anyone else.

The key to small ball lines up is making the opponent feel that it’s a small ball lineup they’re going up against and we didn’t do that 

if that unit isn’t making shots while playing at an extremely fast pace then yeah we will have games like this 

also pistons bench is 3rd in scoring and it showed tonight . That’s something we really have to continue to upgrade as well or we are going no where 

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I honestly think Collins should have been matched up on Sekou and Morris. LP's instructions to Bruno and Jones should be simple, keep a body on Drummond tonight until you foul out.

I didn't see anything last night that made me think Jones should get more minutes and tonight he damn sure didn't help that notion either. 

As for Bruno, he is just coming back while the team is on a two game winning streak. He wasn't going to start my man. Look I know you team bruno and anything that don't benefit Bruno you against but by all logic, LP made the right calls tonight. Sadly, the key guys just didn't have it tonight. 

Even John didn't have it to the degree he normally does.

You talking Jones/Bruno thing like those two aren't asscheeks right now is beyond me. Bruno at least brought motor and energy but he literally is just getting back into the groove of things. He doesn't have that establishment to just be thrown in like Trae.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I honestly think Collins should have been matched up on Sekou and Morris. LP's instructions to Bruno and Jones should be simple, keep a body on Drummond tonight until you foul out.

It would be one thing if Drummond was killing us but it was about 4 others players who were killing us as well and that was without 2nd chance points

Just now, NBASupes said:

I didn't see anything last night that made me think Jones should get more minutes and tonight he damn sure didn't help that notion either. 

As for Bruno, he is just coming back while the team is on a two game winning streak. He wasn't going to start my man. Look I know you team bruno and anything that don't benefit Bruno you against but by all logic, LP made the right calls tonight. Sadly, the key guys just didn't have it tonight. 

Even John didn't have it to the degree he normally does.

You talking Jones/Bruno thing like those two aren't asscheeks right now is beyond me

What ever Supes. Considering the minutes they been playing they should be the freshest players we had. No excuses, play them until they foul out. It could not be any friggin worse than this shit show we had tonight. Period end of story.

Just now, NBASupes said:

It would be one thing if Drummond was killing us but it was about 4 others players who were killing us as well and that was without 2nd chance points

No shit. That is why I said play Collins as a natural four, so we could have better match ups against Morris and Svi.

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yup we do need size still folks but it’s all about strategy too!

we most definitely need a big body to throw at wood and Drummond type but the biggest body we have in Len is out tonight . I really would have liked to see how len would do vs a guy like Drummond.

.....anyways I’m still ok with small ball starting unit of Trae, Huerter, Cam, Hunter, Collins but you HAVE to make shots if you’re going to roll with a small ball starting unit vs a traditional starting 5 with a center as big as Drummond . And with the small ball unit at times throughout the game you have to throw in your big body guy when need be a well with the starters ....but again we didn’t have one available this game. 

on another note its painfully obvious that Schlenk need to continue to build this bench which I understand he’s doing but really I can’t wait ! You can watch Teague and tell he’s been around a while now with his feel for the game and calmness. Once Teague learns the players around him he will be able to help them. Jabari probably would help Teague tremendously if he were playing 

But we're the worst 3 point shooting team in the league.  So how can you play small, when we've haven't consistently made shots all year?

• 30th in 3 point percentage
  • 30th in turnovers committed
  • 25th in offensive rebounding
  • 27th in total rebounding

So how can you play small, when you're pretty much last in the NBA in those key categories?  

You know who led us in rebounding tonight?  The smallest guy on the team . . . Trae Young, with 8.

None of our bigs had more than 5.  Drummond got 17 rebounds without even trying.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

What ever Supes. Considering the minutes they been playing they should be the freshest players we had. No excuses, play them until they foul out. It could not be any friggin worse than this shit show we had tonight. Period end of story.

Drummond had only 15 shots. He wasn't the one killing us. 

Rose

Svi

Wood

Morris 

And they did A LOT of damage when Drummond was off the floor. You should whatever yourself 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

No shit. That is why I said play Collins as a natural four, so we could have better match ups against Morris and Svi.

Svi is a 6'5 SG and Morris was baking Collins ass like he was baking everyone tonight. Did you watch the game? We were a half step slow the entire night. B2B tend to have the effect

• Like 1

You mention Trae rebounding as if he was getting big man boards. He was just getting rebounds that everyone on DET cleared out for transition defense. Stop mentioning rebounding @TheNorthCydeRises when the real issue was our defense in general tonight. Our communication was awful and we didn't rotate well. It was always late. We looked like a worn out team and of course the results prove it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well i just got home, checked the boxscore...think I'll pass on viewing this one.

From comments re: Teague - he looked like Teague.

Scheduled loss - thanks NBA!

Didn’t you manage to miss another game earlier when we got blown out? 🤔 I’m jealous I had to sit through this. It just really stunk because of the moment we had from last night but I guess they were saying they got in late from San Antonio. Yup 👍🏾 schedule makers really hate us lw3 wasn’t kidding.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Rose

Svi

Wood

Morris 

And they did A LOT of damage when Drummond was off the floor. You should whatever yourself 

So what you are saying is when its lost anyway don't give the young guys like Bruno and Jones the minutes. Just keep trotting out the same old small ball lineup every quarter no matter how many 7'0" players we face. The same small ball line up that is in the bottom 10 in rebounding and made threes. Yea that is a great idea.

You and LP should hook up and have drinks together; then talk about how smart ya'll are.

Edited by Buzzard

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Rose

Svi

Wood

Morris 

I wonder how many points Detroit got off of Drummonds 7 offensive rebounds and 5 steals?  Let me see if NBA.com has their videos updated yet for this game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Rose

Svi

Wood

Morris 

Which is kind of my point Supes. Why waste Collins on one of Detroits weakest offensive players? Let Bruno and Jones wast all their energy on Drummond. Why is this so hard for you to figure out?

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I wonder how many points Detroit got off of Drummonds 7 offensive rebounds and 5 steals?  Let me see if NBA.com has their videos updated yet for this game.

Outside of the one steal he got that didn't count. Most of the steals were bad passes we were forcing to Collins. That's from Trae and Teague. You mentioning it like he was Cam on some Deion shit. Most of it was just awful reads as our dudes were either tired as shit or just didn't have chemistry yet like Teague.