• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Mavericks

lethalweapon3

10 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

To build a winning mentality and not get embarrassed by a team missing their two best players. This should not even need to be explained.

Well I knew if TRae or JOhn didnt have a big night we would probably lose. We're missing 2 starters ourselves...YOu see our bench available tonight?  lol. 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

One of the things that Trae and the Hawks are going to have to realize, is that the refs aren't calling this game tight.  And I think that was on purpose, seeing how short handed the Hawks were, and how Dallas were without their two star players.

Only 10 fouls total called in the 1st half.

If they continue to let them play, the Hawks need to adjust their mindset, specifically Trae.  He may not be able to live at the FT line tonight, so he'll either have to start making shots, or give up the ball at the right times.  Collins simply has to go straight up and try to score, when he gets the ball in the post.

Defensively, they need to shore up their rotations out on 3 point shooters.  I don't think Brunson can keep up the pace he's going at right now, but Trae does have to play him a lot tougher, even pick up some fouls on him if need be.

It'll be interesting to see who LP starts in place of Cam.  Does he go with Teague or Goodwin?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's like whoever Kevin or Trae is guarding, they are attacking. Games like this is when you miss having Reddish or Hunter

THats why that combo will never work..Cam is the starting 2 guard of the future imo..WEll at least thats what Travis is hoping anyway..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

To build a winning mentality and not get embarrassed by a team missing their two best players. This should not even need to be explained.

Win or lose this game isn't going to make one bit of a difference regarding winning mentality.

I'm not saying sit them but rather play them their regularly minutes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

One of the things that Trae and the Hawks are going to have to realize, is that the refs aren't calling this game tight.  And I think that was on purpose, seeing how short handed the Hawks were, and how Dallas were without their two star players.

Only 10 fouls total called in the 1st half.

If they continue to let them play, the Hawks need to adjust their mindset, specifically Trae.  He may not be able to live at the FT line tonight, so he'll either have to start making shots, or give up the ball at the right times.  Collins simply has to go straight up and try to score, when he gets the ball in the post.

Defensively, they need to shore up their rotations out on 3 point shooters.  I don't think Brunson can keep up the pace he's going at right now, but Trae does have to play him a lot tougher, even pick up some fouls on him if need be.

It'll be interesting to see who LP starts in place of Cam.  Does he go with Teague or Goodwin?

The one time they called a foul was that bullshit Cam Reddish call which he got hurt from. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

With only two real bigs in Collins and Jones playing, I had a feeling they would be collapsing on Collins all night. They are also doubling and tripling Trae pretty early also.

John was getting one on one looks but the Mavs' bigs are playing great positional D and then the rest of the team crashing the boards keeping John from second opportunities.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Win or lose this game isn't going to make one bit of a difference regarding winning mentality.

I'm not saying sit them but rather play them their regularly minutes.

I'd rather not pay league pass subscription to watch the Hawks throw games because of some stupid minutes pad. But thanks for your insight.