• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Mavericks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Plainview1981 said:

Damn... Can this team go one damn game without somebody getting hurt?

You have to wonder if they don’t sandbag it. This just doesn’t happen every single game.

I am with you on this. Its like when Collins and Huerter got back; Schlenk and LP got together and came up with a plan to keep the losses coming.

Around the league.

Boston up by 20 . . . Tacko Fall watch is officially on.

Kyrie Irving hurt his knee . . limped off the court, so it may not be that serious

Spurs down by 17 at home . . to Charlotte.  The end of the Spurs is officially upon us.

Draymond Green with 16 assists tonight in a Warriors win over the Cavs

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Around the league.

Boston up by 20 . . . Tacko Fall watch is officially on.

Kyrie Irving hurt his knee . . limped off the court, so it may not be that serious

Spurs down by 17 at home . . to Charlotte.  The end of the Spurs is officially upon us.

Draymond Green with 16 assists tonight in a Warriors win over the Cavs

Hawks still tied for 2nd worst

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Cam Reddish is the only Hawk outside of Hunter who plays sound defense.

John Collins is very good but his defense needs work and polish. 

Kevin and Trae are a lost cause.

Damian should be in College Park

Tough to say, injuries killed our defense when Cam went out.

They had two days to get ready for this game. The Mavs offense is a lot of perimeter passing and threes. The scouting report was probably not that hard to read.

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

They had two days to get ready for this game. The Mavs offense is a lot of perimeter passing and threes. The scouting report was probably not that hard to read.

They move the ball exceptionally well even without Luka. It's even better as Luka pounds the rock like Trae. Without Hunter and Reddish. We don't got any defenders other than Graham who offensively is a sieve for us like Royal Ivey.

I don't mind our style of play but you can't play Jones playing the way we play for serious minutes v. Any team that moves the ball decently. It's not possible. He was killing our defense throughout the game.

Just now, bleachkit said:

Carlislie can X and O with the best of them.

It's not X and Os. The Mavs players are just much smarter. Those white euros know what they are doing. Even DFS and THJ just play their roles. 

I would love to see us sign FAs who have BBIQ and are in the prime of their careers

Just now, NBASupes said:

They move the ball exceptionally well even without Luka. It's even better as Luka pounds the rock like Trae. Without Hunter and Reddish. We don't got any defenders other than Graham who offensively is a sieve for us like Royal Ivey.

I don't mind our style of play but you can't play Jones playing the way we play for serious minutes v. Any team that moves the ball decently. It's not possible. He was killing our defense throughout the game.

They have this thing called a zone. I have seen several playoff caliber teams employ it this season including Miami against us.  I have yet seen us even try it once to stop a three point barrage by our opponent.

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

They have this thing called a zone. I have seen several playoff caliber teams employ it this season including Miami against us.  I have yet seen us even try it once to stop a three point barrage by our opponent.

You know how much we rotate correctly or talk on defense? You gotta have high BBIQ guys to play that defense. If you notice, they mainly do it when Kleber is at the 5 and WCS is out of the game.

Edited by NBASupes

Just now, NBASupes said:

You know how much we rotate correctly or talk on defense? You gotta have high BBIQ guys to play that defense. If you notice, they mainly do it when Kleber is at the 5 and WCS is out of the game.

I don't want to hear excuses about coaching defense. Communication starts with the coach.