• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

53 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Rookies?  What rookies?  Hawks now have young vets!

:sun:

Tap the brakes on that.  Last night’s game was great, but to be vets, they have to string together performances like that.  We will still have to face the peaks and valleys that are typical with youth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Tap the brakes on that.  Last night’s game was great, but to be vets, they have to string together performances like that.  We will still have to face the peaks and valleys that are typical with youth.

So true.  But, you must start somewhere and our young men showed us last night what they are capable 0f.  Many hills to cross and many valleys yet to endure but they are gaining on that necessary experience.

:smug:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Am I the only one that saw trae aka 'Mr. I don't play any defense' absolutely put the clamps on levert twice?

Somebody clip that and put it on the twitter.

Trae Payton  

Cam Pippen

John Kemp

De’Andre _______ or __________ Hunter ?

Kevin ________ or ____________ Huerter?

• Admin
6 hours ago, kg01 said:

Am I the only one that saw trae aka 'Mr. I don't play any defense' absolutely put the clamps on levert twice?

Somebody clip that and put it on the twitter.

Well if can do that then he needs to do it on a more consistent basis.  Being considered the worst defender in the league is not anything to be proud of.  He has shown that can put some effort and pride into defending ... so continue to do that and the stigma will go away.  We don't need an 'all defense' type game from him ... just an effort of staying in front of his man and making the guy work for it.  That's it.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Well if can do that then he needs to do it on a more consistent basis.  Being considered the worst defender in the league is not anything to be proud of.  He has shown that can put some effort and pride into defending ... so continue to do that and the stigma will go away.  We don't an all defense from him ... just an effort of staying in front of his man and making the guy work for it.  That's it.  

Thank you! And like pierce said this was probably the best on ball defense Trae has ever done so I’m glad about that but we still need to see him improve on getting around these screens, etc....no one ever said trae can’t move his feet laterally. 
Traes biggest knocks on defense has to do with strength, screens, effort and rotations. He’s starting to show the effort so in my opinion the next easiest thing to fix is his problem on rotations even though that has a lot to do with BBIQ and is kind of a whole team thing....Trae is a smart ass player so this shouldn’t take long to at least get better a lot better at  moving forward.

im still concerned about what we will do about him getting around multiple screens but I’m thinking he will end up using the spin off technique a lot more often 

11 hours ago, marco102 said:

I agree, if Trae is moved off ball and gets more catch and shoot opportunities, he can put those numbers up in less shots and everyone will still get touches.

Realistically, 27 pts 12 assists and 5 rebounds on about 16 shots is where I want him.

LOL . . so in other words, you want him to do something that no one in NBA history has done?

The only person who has even come close to doing this, is Magic Johnson in 1986 - 87

• 23.9 ppg
  • 12.2 asst
  • 6.3 rebs
  • 16.4 FGA

At least Trae's 30 ppg - 9 asst - 4 rebs has been done by at least 2 other people in the NBA . . . but was last done 47 years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Trae Payton  

Cam Pippen

John Kemp

De’Andre _______ or __________ Hunter ?

Kevin ________ or ____________ Huerter?

Trae's defensive power-ups are Trae Payton.  . . Trae Mutombo.

As for the other names.

De'Andre Bowen . . . 

And I don't know.  Sir Render is so damn catchy,  Maybe Kevin Kirilenko?

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Absolutely outstanding.  That steal was something else.  Straight bully ball.  He stole the ball and spun in mid air, so that he can start his own fast break.

I could have sworn I’d seen that rip steal and start the break a million times from Pippen vs the Knicks in 1989-1995, I can’t find one stinking highlight.

Ya that was really raw. 

• Like 1