• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Wizards

lethalweapon3

I stopped listening to the game after the deficit got to 19.  I did see Cam have 2 awful lost dribble turnovers back to back in the 2nd quarter.  That could’ve been the difference.  Still balled the hell out and on a steady incline.

I think we under-appreciate John.  To be consistent with a rugged 20 and 10 at his age with shorter arms ain’t common. The .810 at the line is huge.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Only complaint are those 7 turnovers and the missed dunk. But he had like 3 near steals that wont show in the box score.

Yeah, he's still learning so I'm not really concerned about the turnovers.  Some of those turnovers were because he wasn't strong with the ball.  That should continue to improve as he gets stronger.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We will ever be in a hurry to win games? When do you finally flip the switch?

This off-season. If Schlenk does his job, he'll sign or trade for some vets that can contribute. Which will mean less reliance on the trio of Huerter, Reddish, and Hunter to contribute every night. If they take a step forward in their development great. If not, we won't have to play them starter minutes any given night.

New addition along with having Capela and Dedmon should have us in the playoffs. If not, then I'm wrong about Pierce.

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Only complaint are those 7 turnovers and the missed dunk. But he had like 3 near steals that wont show in the box score.

Yea he was pressing because of lack of point guard play. Teague was the worst player in this game. Again he was a turnstile, he can't pass or provide drive and kick opportunities. At least Goodwin can play D and drive and kick. LPs rotations are absolutely awful.

20 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You dont care about 11 assists? lol, ok then. 

nope, not even a little bit. You wouldn't even know he had close to that many if you didn't look at the box score. He wasn't putting any pressure on the defense.

So he had the ball enough to get 11 assists but still another goose egg at the FT line? Charmin soft

Edited by Cwell
  • Like 2

Honestly, Harrell, Okoro, and another PDS wing with experience should turn us into a 50-55 win team. I want to keep Treveon Graham as the 6th wing. He plays really hard and I like his defense a lot. 

Edited by NBASupes

22 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We will ever be in a hurry to win games? When do you finally flip the switch?

Considering how the Hawks have done this, there is no switch that can be flipped.  When they decide to start trying to win games, they then have to overcome the curve of learning how to win.  

6 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

IMHO, Toppin, Malik Beasley and a solid backup wing and we in the playoffs easily

This isn’t a playoff team unless they are able to pull off a massive deal to get someone like Bradley Beal or Joel Embiid to Atlanta.  Toppin and Beasley do not make this a playoff team.

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Honestly, Harrell, Okoro, and another PDS wing with experience should turn us into a 50-55 win team. I want to keep Treveon Graham as the 6th wing. He plays really hard and I like his defense a lot. 

I do like Graham. He can stick if he can work on his 3 and shoot around 36% from 3 next year. His defense, rebounding and overall effort is what this team needs off the bench.

• Like 3

Just now, KB21 said:

This isn’t a playoff team unless they are able to pull off a massive deal to get someone like Bradley Beal or Joel Embiid to Atlanta.  Toppin and Beasley do not make this a playoff team.

You do realize we are in the East right? Overtaking Orlando would have been done this year if Collins wasn't suspended. Orlando is ass.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Not if he's going 1-9 from three, which turn into easy points for the opponent. Good Trae is really good, but bad Trae is really bad.

You don't think he had the flu for like a week? The game before our horrendous Memphis game he was showing signs of illness. Sweating profusely but still dropping like 26 at the half.

• Like 1