• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

This is why I think the 22nd will win out.  The NBA can simply insist on following the CBA and dropping the salary cap to 90M if it really wants to.  That will cost the players a ton of money.  To maintain a higher cap than they are contractually entitled to, they need the owners to sign off on some type of exception.  In order to get the owners to sign off on that concession, they will have to start earlier so the owners can make more money to fund those higher total salaries.  Thus we end up with an earlier start date and a cap figure well above 90M.

Both sides give to arrive at the solution that pays the most people the most money.

This has to be a leverage play. Revenues will already be down with the prospect of no fans. Now you're conceding another 500 million for an extra month of rest? Maybe the stars don't care because they get max contracts no matter what, but cap reductions do impact role player's salaries significantly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

They wouldn't be ready to play this season with the style of Basketball they play. Are you not aware of the toll this takes on your body.

It does take a toll but they are VERY well compensated.  And the majority of the players want to play ASAP I am sure because they don’t make the same money as Lebron and AD.

43 minutes ago, AHF said:

If the owners are smart, they should know they have the big stick in negotiating leverage on the cap.  They need to use that to get what they need in terms of scheduling.  

Despite some saber rattling from the union, the owners do indeed have the upper hand. Owners have been reticent to leverage it at times though, for the sake of labor peace.

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How many players can take such a hit?  

Role players should revolt. Star players don't care as much because they get the max no matter what and they are already so rich to begin with. Just let Lebron sit out for a month.

Edited by bleachkit

57 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Interesting response about the Hawks talent.

Said Trae is a star, John is a stud, and we have 2, TWO really talented wings that can be special. Cam and Dre.

Seems he isnt high on Kev at all lol

Also, he reiterates how the team wasnt trying to win last year....

42 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Teague's a great guy.  Doesn't sound like he necessarily wants to come back to atlanta though.  

TS wants him back and they have been negotiating with him but he has options and how we deal with other FA/s could determine if he resigns 

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Teague's a great guy.  Doesn't sound like he necessarily wants to come back to atlanta though.  

I would not say that.  I think he wants to win is the statement I leave that article saying.  That still could be us.   We have to show that we're trying to win. 

Interesting was ranking of coaches.

Bud and Thibs get high ranking...

Nothing about Woodson, Drew, or Nate? 

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I would not say that.  I think he wants to win is the statement I leave that article saying.  That still could be us.   We have to show that we're trying to win. 

Well the two who he ranked high are still NBA head coaches.

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Cuz they suck.