• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He's not a very tradable asset with the trade kicker the Hawks offered. 

I'd say he is still tradable at those salaries (with the 15% kicker) but not for real value because the 15% kicker pushes him into a negative value situation from a pure $$ perspective.

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

That Harrison Barnes contract was a killer before the ink dried.

100% agree.  Barnes is an empty numbers guy and that should have been obvious.  He will never be worth the money he has been paid.  I'm just not much of a fan of guys like him, Tobias Harris, Thaddeus Young, etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

100% agree.  Barnes is an empty numbers guy and that should have been obvious.  He will never be worth the money he has been paid.  I'm just not much of a fan of guys like him, Tobias Harris, Thaddeus Young, etc.

What's Thadd got to do with this?  He doesn't even get enough numbers for them to be empty.

Andre Drummmmmn'd should be on your list, btw.  It galls me that people think he's a good defender based off stupid a** defensive "metrics".  Newsflash people, if the metric includes defensive rebounding, it's gonna make it look like he's a good defender even though he's not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

My back o' napkin 'rithmetic (bolstered by the figures in the prior Sacbee article, too) has the Kangz at $100 million and change among 10 guaranteed players (incl. the Hali Burry rookie). Toss in a couple Bazemorian VetMins and an unsigned rookie wannabe to get to the cap line at $109 million.

Yes, in theory, they could indeed hate-match Bogi, and Vivek's not the kind of feller who is going to worry about being perceived as a spendthrift. But this is a team that just canned their PBO/GM for not just fumbling Luka, but for acquisitions, like last summer's, that look desperate and drastic in the light. I truly hope Mr. Dedmon is having a fantastic morning. And where in the world is Trevor "Hot Potato" Ariza at this hour?

The New Guy, Monte McNair inherited two players at-or-around the $20-25 million zone in Buddy and Barnes, for this and the next two seasons. Throw in Bogi and his boo-boo-bear of a frontloaded contract plus a 15% trade kicker, and Fox's new Max Ex, and that's pushing $95-100 million among five guys, none of whom are big-ball centers, beginning less than ten months from now.

If McNair has any strands of optimism about Bagley becoming consistently functional, Tyrese being worthy of his rookie extension, and/or the newly extended Fox moonwalking his way into the All-NBA third team, then The Rent gets really Too D@mn High, To help make the money less funny, with apologies to QBs of days gone by, this McNair sure could use a Leftwich in his camp.

They offered Bogi 4 years/$51 million just last offseason, so matching a 4/72 one offseason later would curdle some milk around Cowtown. Probably most likely Hield's, whose ego could use some massaging. He went from a 4/94 extension in October to watching Luke Walton supplant him in January with Bogi in the starting lineup, prompting a respectable 13-7 run by the Kings pre-Gobert (15-29 before the switch). If Bogi's back, and Coach Luke isn't going anywhere, then where's the Buddy Love?

The "Hey! We Did A Thing!" Kings have looked on in horror as their Pacific Division rivals nabbed LeBron and AD, Kawhi and PG-13, and now CP3. Steph is back now, and although the Kings get a full Splash Brothers reprieve for 2021, everything still adds up to 5th Place and staring at 16 seasons without a playoff appearance heading into 2022-23. Bogi is unlikely to be the singular re-addition that's going to change their fate, but he's also maybe the one move they have left to soothe their immediate yet perpetual sense of desperation. 

McNair can conceivably air out trade deals for Hield, Harrison, Bagley, Jabari and/or Cory Joseph to lessen the load, and the PR pressure, before matching BB Gun's deal. The looming challenge is, can he scramble out the pocket and get 'er done within the next 14 hours? Tick Tock.

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article247367189.html

~lw3

I didn’t know wether to laugh, like, or thanks for this post but it was awesome 

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'd say he is still tradable at those salaries (with the 15% kicker) but not for real value because the 15% kicker pushes him into a negative value situation from a pure $$ perspective.

I agree. He's easily tradable but you want an asset. You don't want to trade him for cap space. What's the purpose of keeping him then. Otto Porter Jr. contract was garbage and he was tradable. They traded him for Jabari Parker expiring contract. 

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, JTB said:

I didn’t know wether to laugh, like, or thanks for this post but it was awesome 

And 100% accurate, too.

The Bogdan situation is forcing the Kings to decide what direction they want to go in. If they match, then they need to up the ante significantly. If the decline, then they should try to move Hield and/or Barnes ASAP.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

Well, no. The Kings have struggled to play Hield next to Bogi for this very reason.

And Hayward is a forward.

I think it’s tough to play buddy next to fox as well yet alone probably tough to play him next to several players. Fox isn’t a playmaker not a good enough one and  Buddy need a very good playmaking point and a defensive minded SF next to him in order for him to start and actually make decent impact .

However buddy has a moveable contract because he shoots so damn well from 3 so maybe they will match Bogi as he’s a better fit next to fox ....at least in my opinion.

im just hoping they don’t but as we’ve seen buddy’s contract isn’t as crazy as we all once thought because elite shooters are getting paid now in this era even if that’s the only thing they offer. I see buddy as a korver without the defensive effort and of course not as good off ball movement but more importantly buddys defensive effort isn’t there.

if the kings match bogi’s contract you would have to think ...would the kings possibly try to move buddy to Atlanta since the cap space is still there in the ATL if no Bogi or close anyways to maybe where Schlenk could do something to pull it off if he really wanted him if offered.

buddy could probably work great with Trae offensively and probably would have a break out season offensively with Trae but defensively there would be a ton of ground to cover as that backcourt duo’s defense would cause even more problems than Trae and Huerter plus you lose the secondary playmaking in a Trae/Buddy duo

again I am really hoping they don’t match 🙏🏾

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JTB said:

as we’ve seen buddy’s contract isn’t as crazy as we all once thought because elite shooters are getting paid

Supposedly the Kings wanted an asset back from the team taking Hield. I doubt that's the case if they match, so I could see him getting moved.

22 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

Supposedly the Kings wanted an asset back from the team taking Hield. I doubt that's the case if they match, so I could see him getting moved.

The problem is who’s trading for buddy because no one has cap space to just bring him in like the hawks and knicks . 

• Like 1

Buddy could go to the Hornets but I think mj would rather go after Westbrick if that’s still possible ...maybe even wall.

I mean they have player with a similar style like Buddy in Graham who’s much cheaper 

Edited by JTB

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

That Harrison Barnes contract was a killer before the ink dried.

That was all Vlade. 

35 minutes ago, JTB said:

I think it’s tough to play buddy next to fox as well yet alone probably tough to play him next to several players. Fox isn’t a playmaker not a good enough one and  Buddy need a very good playmaking point and a defensive minded SF next to him in order for him to start and actually make decent impact .

However buddy has a moveable contract because he shoots so damn well from 3 so maybe they will match Bogi as he’s a better fit next to fox ....at least in my opinion.

im just hoping they don’t but as we’ve seen buddy’s contract isn’t as crazy as we all once thought because elite shooters are getting paid now in this era even if that’s the only thing they offer. I see buddy as a korver without the defensive effort and of course not as good off ball movement but more importantly buddys defensive effort isn’t there.

if the kings match bogi’s contract you would have to think ...would the kings possibly try to move buddy to Atlanta since the cap space is still there in the ATL if no Bogi or close anyways to maybe where Schlenk could do something to pull it off if he really wanted him if offered.

buddy could probably work great with Trae offensively and probably would have a break out season offensively with Trae but defensively there would be a ton of ground to cover as that backcourt duo’s defense would cause even more problems than Trae and Huerter plus you lose the secondary playmaking in a Trae/Buddy duo

again I am really hoping they don’t match 🙏🏾

That's why they drafted Haliburton. Fox and Hali is a tremendous fit.