• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hornets "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Marvin24Williams said:

He was pretty clearly pressing. Loose with the ball, unforced turnovers, reluctance to shoot, turnstile on D, awful body language, etc. I'm not going to accuse him of anything but it was a damn bad look for him this game. 

It don't make sense for him to throw a game. So I will just write this off as a tough game that he struggled in

Charlotte did an excellent job to make sure Trae didn't shoot as much but Trae is Trae, if he wants to score, he will do it at will.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Renee Montgomery understands.

She wants Trae shooting the ball, regardless.

He should, taking 3 shots in the half is not playing the right way particularly if he's turnimg the ball over and racking up Turnovers and not assists. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

You don't bench shooters. They shoot their way out of slumps. Its one of the oldest truisms and cliches in basketball.

You have to bench them if they're not making shots, not playing defense, and the deficit grows while they're in the game.

If Bogi was our #1 or #2 offensive player, I would agree with you.  But not in this instance.

Huerter's play has been great in these losses.  Huerter is the new Bogi.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He should, taking 3 shots in the half is not playing the right way particularly if he's turnimg the ball over and racking up Turnovers and not assists. 

30 foot bombs is a tough way to make a living in the NBA. Trae can shoot, but he needs easier shots. 

• Like 2

Trae press conference:

Trying to get everybody some looks, ball falling out of hands . . . shots just wasn't falling tonight.

Continue to learn each other . . continue to get guys healthy ( said it 3 times  . . lol )

We gotta fight a little bit harder . . . figure out how to knock down shots

I'll never get too high or too low this season . . any team can go on stretch and win or lose 5 games in a row

If we dwell on the 3 home losses, this can carry over . . . we can't let that happen

Melo is really good, has all the tools to be a really good player in this league

• Thanks 1

Ultimately, this lost will fall on Cam Reddish the most. Charlotte gave you the most space. You gotta make them pay. If you can't do that, Kevin gotta be in that spot. The issue with that is our defense is ass when Kevin is next to Trae but Cam has to be a net neutral on offense. 

LP refused to go in on Cam but I know that's what he was thinking.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

Just now, NBASupes said:

Ultimately, this lost will fall on Cam Reddish the most. Charlotte gave you the most space. You gotta make them pay. If you can't do that, Kevin gotta be in that spot. The issue with that is our defense is ass when Kevin is next to Trae but Cam has to be a net neutral on offense. 

Which is why its gonna be hard to build around Trae..

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Reddish, a top 4 option? This was by far the most touches he got in many games and he's now cold because like Bogi, he's lacking consistent touches.

You need to read a box score sometime and not just make a guess. Not including tonight you will be hard pressed to separate attempts per game for Bogdan 9.6, Huerter 9.6, and Reddish 9.4. The top three are Trae, Collins, Hunter.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ATL/2021.html

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Which is why its gonna be hard to build around Trae..

Ultimately, Cam and Hunter is critical for us winning games. We need two way studs around Trae to win games. Hunter had a bad game but Cam has had four straight bad games. He might not be ready for this role as a starting SG yet. He has to showcase some level of consistency. 

We can't win with Trae otherwise. He's just too bad on defense. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

You need to read a box score sometime and not just make a guess. Not including tonight you will be hard pressed to separate attempts per game for Bogdan 9.6, Huerter 9.6, and Reddish 9.4. The top three are Trae, Collins, Hunter.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ATL/2021.html

What the hell are you talking about? You just said Cam was a top 4 option when he gets less shots than Bogi and Kevin before this game. Not to mention Hunter, Collins, and Trae is clearly ahead. Everyone here knows Bogi is hurt right now. I am glad he at least has the balls to play right now unlike the others on the injury list.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You have to bench them if they're not making shots, not playing defense, and the deficit grows while they're in the game.

If Bogi was our #1 or #2 offensive player, I would agree with you.  But not in this instance.

Huerter's play has been great in these losses.  Huerter is the new Bogi.

I agree Hueter has stepped his game up. To the point where signing Bogi who has up to this point seemingly was a mistake. Because we’re definitely not going to be able to keep Huerter now probably next year.  That’s a risk I think the owners said they’d be good with to win now. I’ll respect that. The problem is they set up a win now team with a developmental coach: And I’ll respect that if Trea feels like a lot of fans feel they should have a real coach, one that’ll demand his respect. He should get that. And not stay in purgatory with a transitional coach. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

What the hell are you talking about? You just said Cam was a top 4 option when he gets less shots than Bogi and Kevin before this game. Not to mention Hunter, Collins, and Trae is clearly ahead. Everyone here knows Bogi is hurt right now. I am glad he at least has the balls to play right now unlike the others on the injury list.

Its really simple if you watch the start of every game. Bogi comes off the bench behind the starters. How can he be the 4th option when he is on the bench to start the games? The attempts clearly show that him and Huerter are the go to guys off the bench, The stats clearly show Cam is the 4th option among all starters.

You understand this basic principle about being a starter and getting the 4th most touches among the starters? Simple stuff right.