• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hornets "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, timebomb said:

Signing Bogi basically meant you definitely couldn’t sign both Huerter and Trea and Collins when the time came. And we wanted to be aggressive. Good job ownership on being aggressive but Collins is not a max player, Huerter is better than Bogi and you have to super max Trea? We need a new head coach quick to figure this out. And I don’t think that’s going to happen.

At this point in time, I would be OK in drafting a PG with some upside and getting value for Trae rather than to let Huerter or Collins go. Yup, I'm that disappointed in Mr. Young.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Carmine said:

I love Big O and get the pick but to see Hali delivering NOW hurts. We need that type of production. The best ability is availability, Rondo & Dunn nowhere to be found.

We went into the offseason needed a capable ball handler besides Trae, we are still searching for one. 

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, timebomb said:

I still believe Cam could be the second best player on this team. And I’m way higher on Dre than most. Hunter is the second best player on this team currently, he and you just don’t know yet. 

I respect your beliefs, but I don't see Cam ever being better than Hunter. But maybe that's just me.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

At this point in time, I would be OK in drafting a PG with some upside and getting value for Trae rather than to let Huerter or Collins go. Yup, I'm that disappointed in Mr. Young.

I'm disappointed, but I'm not going that far - you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

In all fairness, Big O is extremely productive and effective as well.

Great!  I wish we could actually see him.  I'm hoping that he will be great.  Greater than Haliburton!  Meanwhile, we wait for his healing while the Kings win with their draft pick.

GET WELL SOON !!  

We need you agent 0017.....

:sun:

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Cam’s eFG at .407.  That needs to be fixed like asap.  I fear Capela might be clogging it up for some.

I see Capela working wonders, but his FT gotta get better. Best rebounder we have in quite a while. If he clogs the paint a little, they gotta try and fix it some way or maybe design some plays for him in the offense.

I really like the way Capela is playing, though.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

I figured the “increased effort” he showed early was a mirage.  I thought his steals were trending towards 1.5 a game this season.  Now he’s at .5, lower than any point in his career illustrating absolutely no ball pressure.  His maximization is a package deal with Dunn actually being available.    

At least he’s better than complete sieves who are much bigger/ stronger like Lilliard, Russell, and Wiggins.  Wtf happened to Gary Harris?

I still remember people telling me we shouldn't pursue Vucevic, because his defense was terrible... So, in other words, our "superstar" is a poor man's McCollum... Sad. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

I still remember people telling me we shouldn't pursue Vucevic, because his defense was terrible... So, in other words, our "superstar" is a poor man's McCollum... Sad. 

Lol yeah he is right there with Dancing With The Stars CJ (wasn’t he on there for real?) but I’d rather go Harden or Steph, who usually would be slightly above the line on defense as a compliment to Dray and Klay.

Vuc has always been a good positional defender I’m guessing.  Those types always get marginally better with amassed corporate knowledge.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, Sothron said:

That first quarter might have been the ugliest quarter I've ever seen in Hawks history. 11 points. ELEVEN points. And we only went to 11 at the end of the quarter. 

Did our guys get drugged before the game? They looked like zombies in the first quarter. We dug such a hole that it was impossible to climb out of it.

Every team has the ugly game in a season and this was ours. Don't give up on the team because of one bad loss.

I don't mind the loss per se, but what the hell was the effort, especially by Trae. His tape of yesterday looks like that scene in Blue Chips where the scout is showing Nick Nolte how his star player was shaving points. It was sickening. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

My legit worry is if LP is losing Trae and this team.

I hate to think this after only 8 games, but there has been beef with Trae and him before. One thing to keep in mind, is that all of these new veterans we signed have been practicing with the team for only a month or so now. I'm sure early on it was a cluster of trying to get everyone on the same page. Now they are starting to see how the team is ran, what coach expects, etc.

Maybe the vets aren't impressed with his coaching either and Trae is having one of those "I knew I was right" moments regarding Pierce and is trying to prove a point? Or maybe the vets agree with how coach is handling things and Trae feels like it is his ideas vs what coach wants. When the players went to LA and played in the pick up games, I'm guessing there were no coaches, and maybe feel they played better doing things a different way? It is all pure speculation at this point, but something does seem off. I've always been on the give Pierce some time train, but this is the first time he isn't coaching a team where a group of young players are your best players.

To me, as a first time head coach, it would be easier to lead younger players as opposed to guys who have had personal and playoff success (including seeing how a championship caliber team is ran). Sure, we had Vince, but he was the sole veteran. Now we have a group of veterans, which leads to a louder collective voice. I hope all of this is just some random weirdness and we move on, time will tell! 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

That first quarter might have been the ugliest quarter I've ever seen in Hawks history. 11 points. ELEVEN points. And we only went to 11 at the end of the quarter. 

Did our guys get drugged before the game? They looked like zombies in the first quarter. We dug such a hole that it was impossible to climb out of it.

Every team has the ugly game in a season and this was ours. Don't give up on the team because of one bad loss.

Fair enough. O counted three bad losses in a row, but yeah.

CLE = bad legs

NYK = I've got to get some help here... not sure what happened.

CHA = our once-a-season collective brainfart. 

Let's see what happens next.

• Moderators

Cleveland i can chalk up to the back to back.   The Knicks beat us.  They were the better team from coaching on down.   Charlotte?   Let's be honest Charlotte SUCKS.  They should have won that game by at least 20.  they practically begged us to get back in the game.   So the question is did we lay an egg or do we suck?  The truth is in the middle somewhere but based on what we've seen the Hawks with just this group of healthy players is probably a .500 team at best.   With Rondo, Gallo, Dunn/Snell, and hopefully OO we should be much better.    Getting those guys healthy is a huge ? over this season though. 

• Like 3