• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hornets "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

31 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yeah, I feel like people are way overreacting on this.  Trae is our superstar.  We've seen enough to know that he will routinely give us better performances than what we've seen over the last 3 games and dramatically better than last game.  He is a hard worker and isn't all about jacking up the maximum number of shots for himself.  I believe in him and remain a Trae Young supporter.

This team needs a bounceback win in the worst way.  We led in the 4th quarter yesterday and McRib had himself a game so it wouldn't take anything more than regressing to the mean for that to happen.

My legit worry is if LP is losing Trae and this team.

Overreactions for sure.  The reason I don't have any REAL concerns over Trae is that none of us should question what he is capable of doing. We've seen him play at a very high level for too long of a time to think it was a fluke. So the question isn't "Can Trae play better," it's why isn't he playing better.  And that leads to your biggest concern.  IF Trae isn't playing well because he's not seeing eye to eye with LP or (and this is my supposition) Is LP asking Trae to do things that he isn't comfortable doing and therefore not getting the best out of Trae, THEN we have a bigger problem than a few bad games in a row.  And it needs to get fixed quick.  

Trae is the engine that makes the machine go. That's just a fact.  If your engine is sputtering, you won't be going very far.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I don't mind the loss per se, but what the hell was the effort, especially by Trae. His tape of yesterday looks like that scene in Blue Chips where the scout is showing Nick Nolte how his star player was shaving points. It was sickening. 

I was just thinking about this scene!!!!!!

When Nick Nolte confronted his player Tony bout point shaving. Woooow haha

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

LOL....

We can all hate his performance of late because it has been very below average bordering on horrendous, but anyone that thinks there's even a remote chance Trae gets traded is not thinking rationally.

For better or worse, Trae is the player the franchise is hitched to for at least the next 5 or 6 years. That’s just reality. All this talk about moving or or trading him is nonsense. 

IMO, Trae is still Trae. He's still got a superstar ceiling and an all star floor. He's just not playing like it the last 3 games or so. We need to all hope he turns it around cuz he ain't going anywhere.

See, I'm not advocating we should go and see what we could get in a trade, I'm just stating I'm really disappointed in him, and that I would be OK if the front office had the same feelings. Trae is really good, I've said it more than once before, but I dislike players who will not play as they should in hopes of getting their coaches fired. And if that is happening, I'd rather get rid of him as well. I'm not saying LP is any good, but you get the point. How can this team beat the Nets away from home and then have this kind of games? It's really hard to understand.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Cleveland i can chalk up to the back to back.   The Knicks beat us.  They were the better team from coaching on down.   Charlotte?   Let's be honest Charlotte SUCKS.  They should have won that game by at least 20.  they practically begged us to get back in the game.   So the question is did we lay an egg or do we suck?  The truth is in the middle somewhere but based on what we've seen the Hawks with just this group of healthy players is probably a .500 team at best.   With Rondo, Gallo, Dunn/Snell, and hopefully OO we should be much better.    Getting those guys healthy is a huge ? over this season though. 

I agree that Charlotte SUCKS.  They were up 16 after 1 and it should have been 30. With that said, I still think Hawks can be a really good team.  But last night was a culmination of missing Rondo and Gallo AND more importantly seeing the guys that were available all suck at the same time. Even as well as Huerter played, he was still just 19 pts on 15 shots. Inefficient.  The five guards that played last night were a combined 17-54 from the field and 6-31 from 3.  (And somehow it still took 40 pts from GH for the sucky Hornets to squeak out a win).  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Cleveland i can chalk up to the back to back.   The Knicks beat us.  They were the better team from coaching on down.   Charlotte?   Let's be honest Charlotte SUCKS.  They should have won that game by at least 20.  they practically begged us to get back in the game.   So the question is did we lay an egg or do we suck?  The truth is in the middle somewhere but based on what we've seen the Hawks with just this group of healthy players is probably a .500 team at best.   With Rondo, Gallo, Dunn/Snell, and hopefully OO we should be much better.    Getting those guys healthy is a huge ? over this season though. 

Well, against the Knicks we were up 15 in the 3rd if I'm not mistaken, so there's that... They beat us, fine. I just didn't understand how they did it.

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yea, exactly. Been a long time since I was in theaters watching it so memory is foggy lol, but that's the one. 

The difference is Tony said "Just once!! We won the game didn't we? We just didn't cover the damn spread. That's just for the gamblers right?"

So at least they won haha

Edited by Bonkers
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I agree that Charlotte SUCKS.  They were up 16 after 1 and it should have been 30. With that said, I still think Hawks can be a really good team.  But last night was a culmination of missing Rondo and Gallo AND more importantly seeing the guys that were available all suck at the same time. Even as well as Huerter played, he was still just 19 pts on 15 shots. Inefficient.  The five guards that played last night were a combined 17-54 from the field and 6-31 from 3.  (And somehow it still took 40 pts from GH for the sucky Hornets to squeak out a win).  

19 on 15 is not inneficient, it's not particularily efficient but it's around Heurter's average. It's slightly above league average I believe. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

19 on 15 is not inneficient, it's not particularily efficient but it's around Heurter's average. It's slightly above league average I believe. 

On our 96 FGA from yesterday, that would have led to a 122 point total for the Hawks.  That would be good efficiency any night.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I’m anxious to see him actually play at some point.  I don’t usually look at stats until 20 games in (this year 18) but his look fake they’re so awesome.  All the draft reviews on him I saw correctly had him as a sure thing.

Speaking of the Kings who is this guy in the upper right corner?  Unknown kid for the Grizzlies is a defensive boon as well.

Loving Dre’s positioning, Cam not so much.  I haven’t been watching as much as usual but I sense he’s confused on his offensive role and the lineups are too variable.

Through games on Jan. 5, here's how all third-year players have fared in TPA during the 2020-21 #NBA

NBALeague_2021.png

season.

4 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Cam’s eFG at .407.  That needs to be fixed like asap.  I fear Capela might be clogging it up for some.

I cant believe Im saying this, (after 3 drafts and FA) but the Hawks still need a legit starting Shooting guard..

Edited by terrell

4 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

For me, everything didn't go bad last night:

Kings won!  Haliburton played the entire 4th quarter.  He scored 15 of his 17 points in the 4th, hit three threes and had a steal. Nice 4th quarter results.  My west coast favorite team now.

😃

Hopefully GWu makes me forget about him, but Schlenk mightve missed on another gem...smh. Hali already looks better than Huerter, Cam, and Bogi..Heck,  he's outplaying Trae..lol

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hopefully GWu makes me forget about him, but Schlenk mightve missed on another gem...smh. Hali already looks better than Huerter, Cam, and Bogi..Heck,  he's outplaying Trae..lol

Hali is definitely looking great and we might well regret passing on him.  I'm just saying that there isn't much of a track record of Schlenk missing out on gems.  He hasn't been perfect with his top 20 picks but he has been really impressive.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Hali is definitely looking great and we might well regret passing on him.  I'm just saying that there isn't much of a track record of Schlenk missing out on gems.  He hasn't been perfect with his top 20 picks but he has been really impressive.

I wanted Luka over Trae

Mitchell Robinson over Spellman

I loved the Hunter pick..Didn't like the trade up though.

And I wanted Hali/Deni/ last draft. I wanted no part of Okungwu after I heard about his foot..

But I liked him early on..

So I think we missed on Luka, Mitch, and Hali is all I was sayin.

Just my opinion..

Not saying Travis has been horrible..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I get that Cam's defense is good but the way he is playing we're going to have to start Heurter (until Bogi starts showing up).   And Capela needs to play at the end of games at least someetimes.   This game as an example. 

Cant. Too bad on defense with Trae..We're gonna have to find another Klay Thompson..Not gonna be easy..

• Moderators
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Cant. Too bad on defense with Trae..We're gonna have to find another Klay Thompson..Not gonna be easy..

I disagree.   I mean how is starting him in the name of defense going to help if we only score 11 points.  Pick your poison.  I'd rather get off to a good start and bring him in at this point.  At least until he shows he remembers how to dribble and shoot.   Huerter leads the team with 10 steals so it's  not like he's a total waste on D.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I disagree.   I mean how is starting him in the name of defense going to help if we only score 11 points.  Pick your poison.  I'd rather get off to a good start and bring him in at this point.  At least until he shows he remembers how to dribble and shoot.   Huerter leads the team with 10 steals so it's  not like he's a total waste on D.

Well hopefully Trae wont be so bad offense again....