• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hornets "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

8 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Halliburton again tonight. 17 pts, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals, 0 turnovers. @Gray Mule Why dont we listen to our elders?

I’m anxious to see him actually play at some point.  I don’t usually look at stats until 20 games in (this year 18) but his look fake they’re so awesome.  All the draft reviews on him I saw correctly had him as a sure thing.

Speaking of the Kings who is this guy in the upper right corner?  Unknown kid for the Grizzlies is a defensive boon as well.

Loving Dre’s positioning, Cam not so much.  I haven’t been watching as much as usual but I sense he’s confused on his offensive role and the lineups are too variable.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Last night the Hawks seemed to be under the influence of something.  Some appeared to be seeing two goals and shooting at the wrong one.  Bringing the ball in, just hold the ball and walk on to the court.  Gee.  High school JV players would be benched for doing this.

Posters here don't even like Goodman, yet he out played Trae last night.  And, when the Hawks finally started to come out of their fog, it was the second unit getting the job done.  Whatever this Hawk has going on while at home needs to be stopped.  I know.  Too many changes.  Nope.  Three out of three home games - all three not even close.  Blown away three times in a row.

Bud came here and got pasted.  Hawks looked, last night, hurt, sick or hung over.  - 😪

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I’m anxious to see him actually play at some point.  I don’t usually look at stats until 20 games in (this year 18) but his look fake they’re so awesome.  All the draft reviews on him I saw correctly had him as a sure thing.

Speaking of the Kings who is this guy in the upper right corner?  Unknown kid for the Grizzlies is a defensive boon as well.

Loving Dre’s positioning, Cam not so much.  I haven’t been watching as much as usual but I sense he’s confused on his offensive role and the lineups are too variable.

Shooting for Cam, that's where 99% of his issue lay. From shooting. 

7 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Cam’s eFG at .407.  That needs to be fixed like asap.  I fear Capela might be clogging it up for some.

He's actually playing well when its Capela and no Trae. Cam offensive problems are heightened by Trae in the last four games.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, NBASupes said:

This.  If he resets his fundamentals, he will be fine but he is way off the mark wt the moment and it is very, very ugly.

• Like 1

For me, everything didn't go bad last night:

Kings won!  Haliburton played the entire 4th quarter.  He scored 15 of his 17 points in the 4th, hit three threes and had a steal. Nice 4th quarter results.  My west coast favorite team now.

😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's actually playing well when its Capela and no Trae. Cam offensive problems are heightened by Trae in the last four games.

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

This.  If he resets his fundamentals, he will be fine but he is way off the mark wt the moment and it is very, very ugly.

Cam needs to call up Vince to work out the 'noodle' in his shot again.  His mechanics are eerily similar to last season's start.

• Like 4

Just now, AHF said:

Yeah, we thought this was easily fixed. From Jan till the end of the season, he shot 40% from 3. Even this year, shoot 40% in the first five games and had an excellent preseason where he shot 37.5% from and a PIE of 16 which was the same PIE as 2nd year Trae Young. 

His PIE been pretty rough this season and a lot of that has been due to his offense hitting a wall. He's not finishing at the rim, his mid range which was a strong positive in the preseason has been awful and of course, his 3pt shooting was the only thing holding him above water now has failed him in the last four games at 23% on high volume and his offensive metrics are horrendous. 

Ultimately, we got to figure out how to get him going but realistically, he has to play better with Trae and Trae has to play better with him. They had chemistry from the summer and fall but I need to see progress from the two.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Buzzard said:

This is going to be a rough week. LP is in over his had. Am I the only won who noticed Bogdan going out with 4 fouls and never getting back in the game? He played Goodwin over Bogdan at crunch time.

TBH, it's not like Bogi was playing great.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

For me, everything didn't go bad last night:

Kings won!  Haliburton played the entire 4th quarter.  He scored 15 of his 17 points in the 4th, hit three threes and had a steal. Nice 4th quarter results.  My west coast favorite team now.

😃

Everyone clamoring for "upside" & "ceiling", when we said time & time again, he's a winning player. Dude doesn't turn the ball over. Look at the kings now 😔

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Carmine said:

Everyone clamoring for "upside" & "ceiling", when we said time & time again, he's a winning player. Dude doesn't turn the ball over. Look at the kings now 😔

In all fairness, Big O is extremely productive and effective as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

We can't win with Trae otherwise. He's just too bad on defense. 

I figured the “increased effort” he showed early was a mirage.  I thought his steals were trending towards 1.5 a game this season.  Now he’s at .5, lower than any point in his career illustrating absolutely no ball pressure.  His maximization is a package deal with Dunn actually being available.    

At least he’s better than complete sieves who are much bigger/ stronger like Lilliard, Russell, and Wiggins.  Wtf happened to Gary Harris?

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Cwell said:

Tough to challenge someone that’s better at their job then you are at yours. Trae got to the level he’s at off his own desire and work ethic, not because of Pierce. How about make some respectable adjustments before calling the players out for not being able to effectively freelance for 82 games? Something gotta change fast before these young guys get permanently tainted with bad habits

So you think Trae is a hero? Right, he got to where he is by himself. But he's not Kobe or LeBron. He obviously has a ceiling and he probably won't go any further if he doesn't play to help the team instead of himself.

Am I the only one who doesn’t buy all the noise about Rondo being dedicated to this squad?  Color me skeptical about the severity of his “knee soreness.”  With him not playing I think he can only be a negative in the locker room.

I may be tripping but I just can’t come up with anything good to say about someone who would spit in someone’s face on national television then lie about it.  Any enemy of Ray Allen is an enemy of mine lol.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

In all fairness, Big O is extremely productive and effective as well.

I love Big O and get the pick but to see Hali delivering NOW hurts. We need that type of production. The best ability is availability, Rondo & Dunn nowhere to be found.

• Like 1