• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hornets "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Brandon deserved to play over Bogi.  Bogi is giving us nothing.

You don't bench shooters. They shoot their way out of slumps. Its one of the oldest truisms and cliches in basketball.

8 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I'm no fan of LP but if your stars reaction to being challenged is throwing the game away it's not on the coach. 

I don't think he threw away the game.  I just think he tried to do exactly what LP told him to do.

LOL . . I do this at work sometimes, when dealing with some of the manufacturing managers.  I make a suggestion on how to improve a process.  They have a different vision, and want me to make their vision work ( even if I know it wont ).

So I give them what they want.  If it fails, it's THEIR fault, not mine.

Trae is an offensive player.  An AGGRESSIVE offensive player.

To try to turn him into Rajon Rondo, and be a playmaker/timely scorer, is not who Trae is.  And it's not how the Hawks are going to win.  They need Trae to be a superstar in order to win.

And now LP is naming Trae by name.   OK dude . . . be careful.

At least LP gave Brandon props.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He was not a willing shooter tonight.

A shot every 3 and a 1/2 minutes is solid for your 4th or 5th option. Pierce is not starting him. He is treating Trae, Reddish, Hunter, Collins as his top 4 options.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

You don't bench shooters. They shoot their way out of slumps. Its one of the oldest truisms and cliches in basketball.

Again - it's not that he was shooting and missing, he was a reluctant shooter. Goodwin gave them the aggressiveness needed to get back in the game.

9 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Should try experimenting with Huerter back in the starting lineup to give that unit a little more juice in the beginning

He better try something..

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Again - it's not that he was shooting and missing, he was a reluctant shooter. Goodwin gave them the aggressiveness needed to get back in the game.

And again:

A shot every 3 and a 1/2 minutes is solid for your 4th or 5th option. Pierce is not starting him. He is treating Trae, Reddish, Hunter, Collins as his top 4 options.

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I don't think he threw away the game.  I just think he tried to do exactly what LP told him to do.

LOL . . I do this at work sometimes, when dealing with some of the manufacturing managers.  I make a suggestion on how to improve a process.  They have a different vision, and want me to make their vision work ( even if I know it wont ).

So I give them what they want.  If it fails, it's THEIR fault, not mine.

Trae is an offensive player.  An AGGRESSIVE offensive player.

To try to turn him into Rajon Rondo, and be a playmaker/timely scorer, is not who Trae is.  And it's not how the Hawks are going to win.  They need Trae to be a superstar in order to win.

And now LP is naming Trae by name.   OK dude . . . be careful.

At least LP gave Brandon props.

This is a bull shit attitude. If you want to be a leader on the team than you need to learn to follow first. Dude threw a game because he disagrees with the coach 🤦‍♂️. Loser mentality, zero ownership. Yuck. 

• Premium Member
Just now, Atlantaholic said:

This is a bull shit attitude. If you want to be a leader on the team than you need to learn to follow first. Dude threw a game because he disagrees with the coach 🤦‍♂️. Loser mentality, zero ownership. Yuck. 

Like Rondo said, you can't decide when you want to lead. Either lead or don't.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

TRae is a score 1st pg..THis floor general shit aint gonna work..

He's a floor general.  But he feeds off of his scoring.

LP can't be telling Trae that he can't shoot.  He's the shooter on the team, and the one guy that has proven that he can explode offensively.

LP is describing Trae's play as "uncharacteristic".  But he also said that Trae was "playing the right way".

Man . . I hope Trae does his press conference after this.  I want to hear his side of the story on why he wasn't aggressive from a shooting standpoint.

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Probably Trae's dad or Rich Paul in his ear. I think it's safe to say guys like Kevin, Cam and Deandre are never going to part of a mutiny.

6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yea, screw LP. How dare he challenge his star player to improve. Fire the guy and stick a barstool out there. This Lebron era mentality is a joke and the product on the floor suffers because of it. Trae's floor game is garbage and we won't ever achieve anything of consequence until he learns to lead the team. LP is spot on in trying to correct him at this stage of his career and Trae's throwing balls away on purpose would get him benched immediately in any other time in history. 

Tough to challenge someone that’s better at their job then you are at yours. Trae got to the level he’s at off his own desire and work ethic, not because of Pierce. How about make some respectable adjustments before calling the players out for not being able to effectively freelance for 82 games? Something gotta change fast before these young guys get permanently tainted with bad habits

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Reddish, a top 4 option? This was by far the most touches he got in many games and he's now cold because like Bogi, he's lacking consistent touches.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

And again:

That's moot , he is a vet off the bench - the other guys are struggling and he didn't step up and give us anything.

He wasn't playing well and Goodwin was and brought us back in the game, Goodwin deserved the minutes he got in lieu of Bogi.