• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

I fell asleep on the game when Simmons missed a dunk attempt down 24.  Woke up to a win, wasn’t surprised in the slightest.  

I see Lou was +31 (Kevin -23?) so he was clearly cooking up juicy and crispy all flats with fried rice (no onions please) but Trae’s 3 steals and OO’s 13 stat points in 8 minutes jump off the page.  This just a gangster ass squad man.

Series update:

+30 from 3

even at the line in far fewer attempts 

-8 rebounding 

6 fewer turnovers 

I knew the first two were how the Hawks were gonna stay in the series.  The last two are why we’re one game away from the Conference Finals wtf bruh.  Its just extremely rare for a younger, smaller team to virtually stay even on the boards every half.  And with Trae realizing that limiting his turnovers in turn makes his teammates better playmakers as well, this team is just an absolute headache for 48 minutes.  F&@kin Nate man where is his 5 year extension and ownership share already godd@mit. The acceleration of this team’s maturity has been nothing short of spectacular.

You know what we need to do I ain’t even gotta say it...

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hazer said:

So nobody gonna talk about we’re younger , they’re older, and the “Rocky” effect of wearing them down? I’ve been waiting on ANY of the (shit)Talking Heads to even approach the topic.

I dont think age is a factor all that much. Philly is actually a relatively young team. Embiid is 27, Harris is 28, Simmons is 24, Curry is 30, Korkmaz is 24, Thybulle is 23. The older vets on the bench like Howard and Hill dont play much.