• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Heck of a season. THANK YOU Hawks!

RandomFan

1 hour ago, GameTime said:

Its official. Finally got a superstar folks. First since Nique. This team when healthy is built for another long playoff run. Hunter and Cam as two way players guarding the elite wings and Trae running the point. Bogi an elite sharp shooter with Capela/Collins/Okongwu as rim runners. Future is bright for this team.

+ Gallo doing Gallo things, and Kev doing K’Von things

• Like 3

Great season.  I’m glad to have witnessed the birth of a great young team in the making.  

I honestly felt a comeback in the 4th quarter because I truly believed in these Hawks.  

This summer will be interesting and questions to ponder:

1.  John Collins is not a max contract player.  If he still believe in this, match and trade him for a big that can rebound.  Maybe throw in Huerter and this years first round pick.  After this playoff push, I wonder how many NBA Superstars want to pair up with Trae Young

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

This was a good season but not a great one. Why? 

I don't buy into the "well look at the Hawks, that's a moral victory". That's not how sports works. You either win a championship or you are a loser. That's it. You either win the ring or you get nothing. The Hawks had a chance to get the ring and lost. Regardless of whoever wins the Finals the team that doesn't win is still a loser just like the Hawks are now. They had a chance despite the injuries and horrible officiating and blew it. There's no moral victory champions in sports.

So no, I don't want the players or coaches or the front office to go "well, shoot, we did such a good job". There's only one team that gets to say they did a good job at the end of a season. That's the champion. Anyone else is just a loser. We need our guys to feel this sting, get angry about it and never forget the feeling of being robbed like they were by the refs and injury gods.

This take ain't it. This is a sad and disturbing way to look at life, sorry man. Taking the stepping stones in your path to your destination should never be considered making anyone a loser. This take is just...wow. 

🤮

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RandomFan said:

This take ain't it. This is a sad and disturbing way to look at life, sorry man. Taking the stepping stones in your path to your destination should never be considered making anyone a loser. This take is just...wow. 

🤮

I don’t think it’s a bad take.  We’ve seen a few teams like the Bulls with Rose and Celtics with Tatum make it to the ECF as a young team and never make it back.  

Giannis goes down, and the Bucks lead the two games from opening to close.  Just because your a young team doesn’t mean you will get this chance again.  

• Like 1

Truly a strange starting but great, great season for us. Cementing the apex of this year to me are two wins in the ECF and that incredible comeback we had against Philly. We demoralized the number 1 seed in the East. And also having a playoff coach. Looking for much better health next season and will go with the results of that. Enjoyed it very much everyone.

• Like 3

In reference to the comment that nothing is guaranteed in the playoffs my argument would be "refs being refs" is always guaranteed in this league. That is not a good thing. Hoping the fact folks across the country saw a great deal of us in the playoffs will help with the consistent ref bias but we will see.

• Like 2